Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

So I did the turbo tax free edition
Maaaaan that **** said my refund was only $800 and some change for my fed
So I didn't send it through
Should I have bought the other edition to max out my refund or nah
I usually get that amount back BEFORE I get the child tax credit
But it's like that didn't even add anything
My refund didn't go up when I input put kids
Do they get u to buy the other one to Max it out?????
Might just head to h&r block to see if there's a change in the amount

Last edited:
I never choose which addition to use. I input my info, answer a few questions and it suggest I use deluxe I believe. I say ok and move right along...

Still waiting on my w2 they take away 1k out of every check bruh. I bettee get something nice back

So far I have 1 of 2 of my W2's and my return is $2k federal and $600 state. Wondering if my second W2 (whenever tf that comes) will yield a higher return or lower my amounts.. I only worked that job for a couple of months into the tax year.

This year my return is all going to credit card debt but next year imma make sure to not have any debt and me and the famb going to vegas for sure :smokin

I never choose which addition to use. I input my info, answer a few questions and it suggest I use deluxe I believe. I say ok and move right along...
Yeah I chose free
But every couple questions it would ask if I wanted deluxe
And I would decline

Yeah I chose free
And I would decline
Should choose deluxe jus to see if there is a difference. Don't have to file it deluxe but jus for the comparison...

Yeah I chose free
And I would decline
Should choose deluxe jus to see if there is a difference. Don't have to file it deluxe but jus for the comparison...
My dumb self shoulda thought of that repped

Jus filed mine yesterday. Gettin more back than expected. Almost goofed and didn't claim my son. Glad I caught it. Oh and was able to qualify to have that no insurance fee waived...now jus gotta wait for the deposit....

How did you get the no health insurance fee waived? I always thought you needed the health marketplace exemption code. My friend filed yesterday and said all he did was answer a yes or no question or two about his insurance being not affordable through work and it was automatically waived on turbo tax. He made it sound that simple.

Jus filed mine yesterday. Gettin more back than expected. Almost goofed and didn't claim my son. Glad I caught it. Oh and was able to qualify to have that no insurance fee waived...now jus gotta wait for the deposit....

How did you get the no health insurance fee waived? I always thought you needed the health marketplace exemption code. My friend filed yesterday and said all he did was answer a yes or no question or two about his insurance being not affordable through work and it was automatically waived on turbo tax. He made it sound that simple.
Lol it was that simple. Exactly what I did. Iono if me havin insurance til June made a difference but it'll ask did you have insurance at all. If yes check the months that you did. Then it'll ask was insurance offered thru ya job that's affordable. I said nope. Then it say for which months was it not affordable. I chose all months. Then it was waived...

Just completed my taxes using TurboTax. I was going to HR for the last few years since I had a connect, but still 
sick.gif

Can't believe how easy it was.

So I did the turbo tax free edition
Maaaaan that **** said my refund was only $800 and some change for my fed
So I didn't send it through
Should I have bought the other edition to max out my refund or nah
I usually get that amount back BEFORE I get the child tax credit
But it's like that didn't even add anything
My refund didn't go up when I input put kids
Do they get u to buy the other one to Max it out?????
Might just head to h&r block to see if there's a change in the amount

You don't pay for the higher turbo tax until you file your taxes. You can run an estimate with turbo tax deluxe.

I will say that TT is pushing/forcing add ons harder than ever. Forcing me to do TT deluxe for state when I should be able to file state for free. Gonna look at another site I'm looking at paying $100 with TT :smh

^yea this I noticed. They almost had me sign up for some identity protection add on too for $40 plus paying for state...was tryna charge me 120...it's usually no more than $60 for me...

Was thinking of going TT/online site (first time) for the convenience of doing it at home but may still just bring it my CPA. They got me back a good return last year.

Last edited:
Just received my W2. I plan on doing my taxes tonight. My current withholding is 0 so I'm expecting a nice return this year. I used Turbo Tax the past 2 years and have never had an issue with them. I'll be using Turbo Tax again this year.

Stevie needs a Surface 4. W2 can't get here soon enough. I'm taxing the hell out of uncle sam this year.

Welp. Both W2s came in and did my lil hrblock deal and i'm getting a whopping 1/3 of what I got last year just filing for myself as married filing seperate. I'm disgusted/okay. Super sad that it's that low but if DOE takes it from me I'm not gonna trip at all. My wife'll claim our both kids so I'll mooch off whatever my daughter weighs up on her return

I filed my taxes yesterday using freetaxusa.com , my mom used them last year. I got a bigger return through them than I would have with Turbo Tax and only paid $11.66 (FREETAXUSA10 , 10% off code) to file my state taxes federal is free. Compared to paying $100 with turbotax for filing federal and state.

Last edited:
I paid $30 last year for turbo tax, probably because I made damn near no money :lol:

Waiting for my W2 as well

Back
Top Bottom