[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

Originally Posted by geminifly

The album is dope! The only tracks I aint feeling is the Keri joint and Counseling.

Why do I like Popeyes more since I got the album then I did before? Cams verse even sound better!

This album was well worth the wait! I remember when I thought December 8th was never gonna get here!
"Kinda Like A Big Deal" sounds better too.

Love the album got it this morning from Best Buy, had like 20 copies left.

Is P saying "F_ that n_ " to LeBron?

Didn't listen to any other songs besides the singles and that was rarely...well worth the wait! I like every song but the Keri Hilson assisted joint :/

12/13...Pharrell did some good production on this album imo

Originally Posted by retrowear23

I dunno. He is def saying it in the background but I'm guessing he's not referring to LeBron himself considering how close P is to Jay-Zand vise versa.

EDIT: Also LeBron and P were extremely cool with each other when P was in CLE for Jay-Z's tour with N*E*R*D...*shrugs*

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

the Target I went to didn't even have Clipse in the New Release section
smh.gif
This.

i guess if they talked cleverly about coke on every song people would love it

all the did was change up the subjects...nothing is mediocre

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

i guess if they talked cleverly about coke on every song people would love it

all the did was change up the subjects...nothing is mediocre
THIS

The fact that they've steadily made the progression from a dark album like Lord Willin' to a more celebratory one like TTCD shows you what greatartists the Brothers Thornton are.
pimp.gif

On another note...
Pharell's beats on Hell Hath No Fury >>> his beats on Till the casket drop...

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I dunno. He is def saying it in the background but I'm guessing he's not referring to LeBron himself considering how close P is to Jay-Z and vise versa.

EDIT: Also LeBron and P were extremely cool with each other when P was in CLE for Jay-Z's tour with N*E*R*D...*shrugs*

Yeah I get what's going on, in the background P having like a whole movie goin on lol and it's luped cause I hear it again in the 3rd verse, so itwas'nt to LeBron

Took alot for me to hold on until today...but I did it. So let's go in with a brief review (much more in depth one coming later).

Prior to my purchase...the only songs I'd ever heard from the album were Kinda Like A Big Deal, I'm Good, and the snippet of Life Change fromMalice's video blogs. I didn't listen to a smidget of any of the leaked tracks. I had been hearing mixed reviews but I know with the Clipse I have toignore alot of opinions because alot of _'s don't hear them the same way I do. I loved HHNF when alot of _'s were trashing it (some still do). OnceI threw the CD in and heard Pusha's first verse on Freedom...I knew it was going down. I'm so *+%*+#! glad I didn't listen to any of the leakedtracks because with such a short album I wouldn't feel as highly as I do about it. Popeyes is pure Grade A Colombian. Showin Out isn't bad at all butit's nothing I'll have on repeat. Gotti's guest appearance wasn't bad either. There's Been A Murder is soooo *+%*+#! dope. That subtleguitar string does it for me. Khalid showed his $*+ on that. Door Man....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
got damn that !%%% goes hard. That beat
sick.gif
. Never Will It Stop....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Liva is a got damn animal.Them _'s go OFF. This is Ride Around Shining 2. All Eyes on Me is too left field for me. I understand the intent...but it wasn't executed well at all.Sounds like some !%%% P made for Pitbull or somebody. Counseling is so smooth. I had to listen to it a couple times before it grew on me but this another songI identify with so vividly. I can definitely vouch for the !%%% they're talking about on that. Champion is
eek.gif
. Vintage Neptunes IMO. I can't wait til the Summer rolls back around to blastthis !%%% out the whip. Definitely one of my favorites on the album. Footsteps
eek.gif
. I can't even put in words how dope this !%%% is. Malice
sick.gif
.And of course they save the best for last...Life Change is a top 5 Clipse track...yes I said it. It's everything I thought it would be AND more. That lastverse is so *+%*+#! real...I can't fathom how _'s don't %%%* with these dudes man. Definitely my favorite track off the album.

For the life of me...I can't understand how ANYONE would be disappointed in this album. I don't know what you _'s are talking about. Out of 12tracks...there's one I can't listen to (All Eyes On Me). Just ONE *+%*+#! song. That's 11 songs I rock with. Musically this album is much moreadvanced than HHNF...it's very refreshing to hear the different sound. All you _'s who wanted the album to sound "dark" like HHNF...Ican't understand why. These _'s showed growth and versatility with this one. This album doesn't like "Happy Happy Joy Joy" !%%% likeya'll are trying to make it seem. It's a celebration of life and growth. It's so much more of an in depth sound...I don't really know how toexplain it. For most of ya'll saying ya'll don't like it...There's only 12 songs here...and ya'll probably DL'ed the leaked trackswhich were (Kinda Like a Big Deal, I'm Good, Door Man, All Eyes On Me, Popeyes, and enough of Life Change to know what it sounded like). That's 6songs. What the %%%* were you expecting from the other 6 songs? Jesus rapping with God on the beat? I don't get it. But opinions are opinions I guess. Forme personally...this !%%% is a gem and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on here is raving about it 6 months to a year from now like ya'll did withHHNF. This is Lord Willin on steroids to me. HHNF is still my favorite Clipse album but I'd be lying if I said that I would put this right up there withLord Willin track for track.

Job Well done (again)...now I need the mixtape
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Took alot for me to hold on until today...but I did it. So let's go in with a brief review (much more in depth one coming later).

Prior to my purchase...the only songs I'd ever heard from the album were Kinda Like A Big Deal, I'm Good, and the snippet of Life Change from Malice's video blogs. I didn't listen to a smidget of any of the leaked tracks. I had been hearing mixed reviews but I know with the Clipse I have to ignore alot of opinions because alot of _'s don't hear them the same way I do. I loved HHNF when alot of _'s were trashing it (some still do). Once I threw the CD in and heard Pusha's first verse on Freedom...I knew it was going down. I'm so *+%*+#! glad I didn't listen to any of the leaked tracks because with such a short album I wouldn't feel as highly as I do about it. Popeyes is pure Grade A Colombian. Showin Out isn't bad at all but it's nothing I'll have on repeat. Gotti's guest appearance wasn't bad either. There's Been A Murder is soooo *+%*+#! dope. That subtle guitar string does it for me. Khalid showed his $*+ on that. Door Man....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Never Will It Stop....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Liva is a got damn animal. Them _'s go OFF. This is Ride Around Shining 2. All Eyes on Me is too left field for me. I understand the intent...but it wasn't executed well at all. Sounds like some !%%% P made for Pitbull or somebody. Counseling is so smooth. I had to listen to it a couple times before it grew on me but this another song I identify with so vividly. I can definitely vouch for the !%%% they're talking about on that. Champion is
eek.gif
. Vintage Neptunes IMO. I can't wait til the Summer rolls back around to blast this !%%% out the whip. Definitely one of my favorites on the album. Footsteps
eek.gif
sick.gif
. And of course they save the best for last...Life Change is a top 5 Clipse track...yes I said it. It's everything I thought it would be AND more. That last verse is so *+%*+#! real...I can't fathom how _'s don't %%%* with these dudes man. Definitely my favorite track off the album.

For the life of me...I can't understand how ANYONE would be disappointed in this album. I don't know what you _'s are talking about. Out of 12 tracks...there's one I can't listen to (All Eyes On Me). Just ONE *+%*+#! song. That's 11 songs I rock with. Musically this album is much more advanced than HHNF...it's very refreshing to hear the different sound. All you _'s who wanted the album to sound "dark" like HHNF...I can't understand why. These _'s showed growth and versatility with this one. This album doesn't like "Happy Happy Joy Joy" !%%% like ya'll are trying to make it seem. It's a celebration of life and growth. It's so much more of an in depth sound...I don't really know how to explain it. For most of ya'll saying ya'll don't like it...There's only 12 songs here...and ya'll probably DL'ed the leaked tracks which were (Kinda Like a Big Deal, I'm Good, Door Man, All Eyes On Me, Popeyes, and enough of Life Change to know what it sounded like). That's 6 songs. What the %%%* were you expecting from the other 6 songs? Jesus rapping with God on the beat? I don't get it. But opinions are opinions I guess. For me personally...this !%%% is a gem and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on here is raving about it 6 months to a year from now like ya'll did with HHNF. This is Lord Willin on steroids to me. HHNF is still my favorite Clipse album but I'd be lying if I said that I would put this right up there with Lord Willin track for track.

pimp.gif

I listened to a couple of the leaked tracks (not heavily) and I trick the album is incredible, played the whole thing through twice (including 'All Eyes OnMe'), listening to it for the 3rd right now. Clipse was amazing on this. I knew it was gonna be great though.

Prior to my purchase...the only songs I'd ever heard from the album were Kinda Like A Big Deal, I'm Good, and the snippet of Life Change from Malice's video blogs. I didn't listen to a smidget of any of the leaked tracks. I had been hearing mixed reviews but I know with the Clipse I have to ignore alot of opinions because alot of _'s don't hear them the same way I do. I loved HHNF when alot of _'s were trashing it (some still do). Once I threw the CD in and heard Pusha's first verse on Freedom...I knew it was going down. I'm so *+%*+#! glad I didn't listen to any of the leaked tracks because with such a short album I wouldn't feel as highly as I do about it. Popeyes is pure Grade A Colombian. Showin Out isn't bad at all but it's nothing I'll have on repeat. Gotti's guest appearance wasn't bad either. There's Been A Murder is soooo *+%*+#! dope. That subtle guitar string does it for me. Khalid showed his $*+ on that. Door Man....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Never Will It Stop....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Liva is a got damn animal. Them _'s go OFF. This is Ride Around Shining 2. All Eyes on Me is too left field for me. I understand the intent...but it wasn't executed well at all. Sounds like some !%%% P made for Pitbull or somebody. Counseling is so smooth. I had to listen to it a couple times before it grew on me but this another song I identify with so vividly. I can definitely vouch for the !%%% they're talking about on that. Champion is
eek.gif
. Vintage Neptunes IMO. I can't wait til the Summer rolls back around to blast this !%%% out the whip. Definitely one of my favorites on the album. Footsteps
eek.gif
sick.gif
. And of course they save the best for last...Life Change is a top 5 Clipse track...yes I said it. It's everything I thought it would be AND more. That last verse is so *+%*+#! real...I can't fathom how _'s don't %%%* with these dudes man. Definitely my favorite track off the album.

For the life of me...I can't understand how ANYONE would be disappointed in this album. I don't know what you _'s are talking about. Out of 12 tracks...there's one I can't listen to (All Eyes On Me). Just ONE *+%*+#! song. That's 11 songs I rock with. Musically this album is much more advanced than HHNF...it's very refreshing to hear the different sound. All you _'s who wanted the album to sound "dark" like HHNF...I can't understand why. These _'s showed growth and versatility with this one. This album doesn't like "Happy Happy Joy Joy" !%%% like ya'll are trying to make it seem. It's a celebration of life and growth. It's so much more of an in depth sound...I don't really know how to explain it. For most of ya'll saying ya'll don't like it...There's only 12 songs here...and ya'll probably DL'ed the leaked tracks which were (Kinda Like a Big Deal, I'm Good, Door Man, All Eyes On Me, Popeyes, and enough of Life Change to know what it sounded like). That's 6 songs. What the %%%* were you expecting from the other 6 songs? Jesus rapping with God on the beat? I don't get it. But opinions are opinions I guess. For me personally...this !%%% is a gem and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on here is raving about it 6 months to a year from now like ya'll did with HHNF. This is Lord Willin on steroids to me. HHNF is still my favorite Clipse album but I'd be lying if I said that I would put this right up there with Lord Willin track for track.

pimp.gif

I listened to a couple of the leaked tracks (not heavily) and I trick the album is incredible, played the whole thing through twice (including 'All Eyes On Me'), listening to it for the 3rd right now. Clipse was amazing on this. I knew it was gonna be great though.

HHNF is one of my favorite albums ever, regardless of the average-crappy beats. I just miss Pusha-Ts clever wordplay on this album. Freedom is crack, and so isFootsteps. But theres alot of tracks where Pusha just talkin about @#$%@$@ and $$$ without his trademark metaphors

Almost had a fit in Target this morning when I couldnt find the cd but ended up getting the last copy. Im about half way through it and Im very happy with it,Brothers Thornton are always on point.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Never Will It Stop....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif
Co-sign.

Album is good but "All Eyes On Me", "Counseling" and "I'm Good" are just flat wack. I can't even listen to those

laugh.gif
some of yall comments are just flat out hilarious.....but to listen to the album and call it mediocore, trash, and a few other adjectives used, i askthose that feel that way, the %%!@ are you listening to? the five singles that leaked were all bangers minus the keri hilson track....the only tracks i cantreally get into are counseling and the afpr,emtioned Keri joint...album is very good but as of right now, its my least favorite of their releases.....NeverWIll It Stop has been on repeat all day...i'm dying for that Liva solo album...they better not give him the Rell treatment

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Never Will It Stop....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif

I listened to a couple of the leaked tracks (not heavily) and I trick the album is incredible, played the whole thing through twice (including 'All Eyes On Me'), listening to it for the 3rd right now. Clipse was amazing on this. I knew it was gonna be great though.

Great Review. Almost exactly how i feel except i kinda like All Eyes on Me. Its a good track to just get you going and moving in your seat. Overall great indept review.

Back
Top Bottom