[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

Can you honestly say that with three and a half years of anticipation, and the plateau that Pusha and Malice are on, you're 100% satisfied with this album?

I doubt it.

I "rock" with seven songs, but I can only call five, "great." Those other two, I'll listen to sometimes, and other times I won't.

Really though, I'm glad everybody isn't as disappointed as me.

Originally Posted by EvansST

To the people who are saying the album is mediocre; did you guys hear most of the tracks before the album dropped?
only Im Good, Doorman & Kinda Like a Big Deal and I had completely forgotten about Doorman. Only heard it a few times.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by selrahc123

HHNF = TTCD > Lord Willin'

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd like to add my $00.02 to this enormous, and rightfully so, thread. Now let me say that, prior to this purchase, I had only been a mediocre fan of theClipse. I had Lord Willin' back in '02, but lost it quickly somehow. Anyway, what prompted my purchase on RD? Unlike most in here, I didn't havethe same kind of anticipation for a brand new Clipse album. As mentioned, I was just a casual fan. However, the first time I heard I'mGood, I gotta admit, the beat is what got my interests peaked. And it still does. It's got that early 200s Neptunes feel, a time where NOBODY wasseeing the Neptunes on the beats. I love that feel good, smooth, breezy, cruising feeling I get when listening to the track. Next summer, this track will begetting heavy play in the whip.

Then I heard Doorman and it was a wrap.

That is all
laugh.gif
. I'm going to Best Buy to kop Lord Willin' & HHNF. I'm a fan.

Here's my review

Freedom - This was the dark sound left over from HHNF, good intro track 5/5

Popular Demand (Popeyes) - loved the song since the day it leaked. "Like that Bron Bron I had that long time ago, butt naked on the balcony at theDalano"
laugh.gif
Cam's verse does sound better in a car but he still coulda went wayyyy harder. 4.5/5

Kinda Like A Big Deal - I'm not amazed by the beat as everyone else on NT was when it first dropped, verse were good though. But the song is so old I canbarely listen to it anymore. 2.5/5

Showing Out - my second favorite track on the album, LOVE the beat, great Yo Gotti verse, Malice destroyed it "Common loved her, I wish I never met her /They slutted her out, there's nothing left to treasure"
pimp.gif
10/5

I'm Good - perfect summer track, should have been released early May and the album could have been bigger. This is the happiest I've ever heard Clipseon a track
laugh.gif

There Was A Murder - nice change up with the Island vibe of the song, snitches get stitiches
laugh.gif
4/5

Door Man - production is EPIC, I feel like there verses were too calm for the beat if that makes any sense to anybody, great hook 5/5

Never Will It Stop - not a fan of the beat but the lyrics are
sick.gif
, Livadestroyed it" Got it for a fraction the sender, put it in the dash in the fender, dryer sheets they cover the scent that it renders." 4/5

All Eyes On Me - hated this song at first but it serves its purpose, straight club track that gilrs would like 2.5/5

Counseling - Neptunes killed this beat, Pusha with the Kanye flow
laugh.gif
. I could see this as the next single (if they have another one that is
ohwell.gif
) 5/5

Champion - love the beat once again, Malice killed this joint speaking straight from the heart
pimp.gif
5/5

Footsteps - Pusha ate this track up "the flash from the barrel turns bullies to believers" "I'm on my Dylan Dillenger, flow just killinya"
laugh.gif
5/5

Life Change - when I heard the snippet of this song at the end of Malice's video blogs I knew it would be my favorite track off the album, NeptunesMURDERED the beat
sick.gif
, Kenna on the hook
eek.gif
, Malice and Pusha killed it, "Seeing my future through a crystal ball ofbaking soda"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
500/5

Overall: 9/10

I honestly don't see how a Clipse fan can't like this album. It has some of the best production of the year. That old Neptunes sound, great reflectivelyrics not just brag rap. I'm glad the Clipse evolved, leave the constant coke talk for the We Got It For Cheap mixtapes. Malice got real personal on thealbum, something more rappers should do.

No lie...Theres like a span of 6 songs on here that are as good as any Clipse song I can think of...

(Freedom, Popeyes, Kinda Like a Big Deal, Showing Out , Doorman, & Life Change...)

and I would hold Champion and Footsteps higher if they had better hooks...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

On another note...
Pharell's beats on Hell Hath No Fury >>> his beats on Till the casket drop...
With the exception of "wamp wamp" and "Mr. Me too" I have to disagree The lyrics were definitely harder on HHNF but P did histhing on TTCD

I have listened to this album 4 times all the way through in 2 day.

Every single song on the album is at least good and others are great. "All Eyes On Me" is a good song in my opinion as well, it has that Z100 wave.

Their four albums (including Exclusive Audio Footage) all sound different to me and I feel that is a sign of good artists.

::

"Facing time, 25 to life...
25's the SAME THING AS LIFE!!"

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Alot of Clipse fans sounding like Mary J. Blige fans to me,
saying her music was only good when she was depressed and cracked out.

::

Ab Liva does his job on tracks I swear...

Only song I don't feel is the joint with Keri..other than that album is awesome

Peeped the liner notes/ thank you as always..Mal kept it real short
laugh.gif

Malice concious really showed on this album aswell

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by Dapper D

On another note...
Pharell's beats on Hell Hath No Fury >>> his beats on Till the casket drop...
With the exception of "wamp wamp" and "Mr. Me too" I have to disagree The lyrics were definitely harder on HHNF but P did his thing on TTCD

I don't know...other than Popeyes and Doorman all his beat's on here are bland to me
ohwell.gif
especially compared to the heat Khali and Sean and Lv gave them...
While I feel the production on Hell Hath No Fury is so sparce and differnt ...That I really like it...
Riding Around Shining(which is amazing to me), We got it 4 cheap, Wamp Wamp, Momma I'm sorry, Hello New World, Keys open doors Thrill...

Like it kills me that people front on the production on that album so much...

who cares about my car
be careful what you wish for
behind the curtain is the devil with his pitch fork

usually P is my favorite out of the duo but Malice definitely had a revelation, thats the main story of this album IMO. SIG CHECK.

they didn't want to showcase that garbage album in the new release section, thats why.

*kanye shrug

dope album. last i bought since kanye's graduation and first ive waited to listen thru til rd. doorman and pop demand got play and had me hyped but
listenin to freedom online. i musta ran thru that track 10 times back to back and drove to scoop 2 copies right after my final. 1 for a friend i knew wouldappreciate it.

i came in expectin just coke rap and i was fine with expectin that from the clipse but this hit another level for me at least at this point.

Can somebody edit a track for me?
nerd.gif

I'd want Yo Gotti's verse either taken off of "Showin Out" or put at the end of it.
Thinking that'd make the track even more
pimp.gif
I'd appreciate it and depending on the quality might be able do a hookup.

Back
Top Bottom