***** Official The Game Thread*****[Final Album "Westside Story'' TBA]

Don't know why y'all _'s still discussing sales in 2016. :lol: By this logic Young Thug drops flop after flop but some people will say it's a win and Thug ain't even independent like Game.

Game is capable of doing better tho. Not of doing Drake numbers or anything but he has a solid fanbase and is well known on social media, so these numbers are slightly surprising.

As much as this man panders to women, do they even buy his music? :lol:

He may pander to women on IS/twitter but he really doesn't aim his actual music to them :lol: he may do more on mixtapes, but if you look at his albums, he never has more than 1 song directly aimed at women. I think 1992 has the most at 2, 1 of which may as well be a bonus track :lol: kinda funny to think about

There's really no spin to the album sales considering he did 100K first week just a year ago. Despite him saying he doesn't care about album sales, the album flopped. Period.  Probably eating him up inside. "100" w/ Drake wasn't a top 10 record, but that song was everywhere and helped propel Doc 2/2.5 to the numbers it did and is currently at (500k+ sold)

It is very disappointing considering that this is a good project, can be played front to back w/ the exception of "Baby You" and the fans asked for this; an album with no features. He gave it to them and they didn't support. Over 1M followers on IG (some spam) and no one copped. If 5% of that 1M bought a hard/digital copy, he'd have moved 50k units easily.

Outside of a few acts, records in general aren't selling, but with the social media presence he has it reinforces that Hip Hop/Rap fans don't buy records. It doesn't help that 1992 was supposed to drop earlier in the year, didn't help that there wasn't a single like "100" and didn't help that it was push back to the 14th without a heads up, but if there was a demand for this project, it would have been reflected. 

Last edited:
Don't know why y'all _'s still discussing sales in 2016. :lol: By this logic Young Thug drops flop after flop but some people will say it's a win and Thug ain't even independent like Game.
Most people wouldn't care but seeing all the antics he pulled out for attention it's funny. Doing interviews at the biggest outlets and talking about a fake beef for 25 minutes. Think about that, game album selling the same as young thug mixtapes.

He may pander to women on IS/twitter but he really doesn't aim his actual music to them :lol: he may do more on mixtapes, but if you look at his albums, he never has more than 1 song directly aimed at women. I think 1992 has the most at 2, 1 of which may as well be a bonus track :lol: kinda funny to think about

Good point. Didn't even think about it like that :lol:

Isn't there a R&B song on the radio now that features Game? He mentioned something about horse and carriage in his verse?

:rofl: @ "he didn't do Big Boy"

Game made all the relevant press runs and still flopped. g money 87 g money 87 gotta be the biggest Stan of any artist on NT.

And you betting Meek won't move 27k units? You're wildin man :lol:. Even Game knows that's a losing bet.

Look, game got a good discography. This beef didn't work for him. It got so outta touch and convoluted that ppl forgot the origin. The Beans & Meek beef became the focal point after weeks.

We live in a short attention span era. Game read it wrong. Numbers don't = quality.

But he did flop. There's no question about it.

Do ur googles..meek made a bet

U do know LA is his biggest market and he ain't been home in months and no promo there obv affects sales

Last edited:
Oh ok gotcha. They play that heavy here in Savannah. Definitely doesn't sound like a Game song tho. I liked the one with him and Trey Songz better

Good point. Didn't even think about it like that :lol:

I went and backtracked just now, and he really does have at best 1 female oriented song per album :lol:

Documentary - Special
Doctor's Advocate - Around The World
LAX - Gentlemen's Affair (and Camera Phone if you include bonus tracks)
RED - Hello
Jesus Piece - All That (Lady)
Documentary 2 - .................none
Documentary 2.5 - .............none
1992 - Baby You & All Eyez

That's crazy :lol:

Oh ok gotcha. They play that heavy here in Savannah. Definitely doesn't sound like a Game song tho. I liked the one with him and Trey Songz better

It was actually a Jeremiah song but storch called game and wanted him on it

You got the juice now babyyyyyy. That's stuck in my head after listening to this album. 

Like how he had those samples from Colors & Piru Luv on the same track (True Colors/It's On)

Solid album. Wayyy better than doc 2...no forced washed up features, no horrible corny skits, I can dig it.

I coulda done without some of the blatant "sampling" of those old songs...like some of them literally sound the same as the old song just him rapping over it.

Didn't like that true colors track at all.

Juice doe :pimp:

All that video killed the song for me. I actually think the Big Sean verse made the song for me. Esp the Toy Story line.

And as someone else said, not having any stupid skits was a nice change. Feel like he tried to hard on Doc2 with the skits. GKMC was the only album I've liked the skits

Yea, I always skip the Doc2 skits :lol:

Still think it's a very dope album though. Personally, I liked all the features.

All that video killed the song for me. I actually think the Big Sean verse made the song for me. Esp the Toy Story line.

And as someone else said, not having any stupid skits was a nice change. Feel like he tried to hard on Doc2 with the skits. GKMC was the only album I've liked the skits
The skits on Doc 2/2.5 were terrible but I'm glad they were at the end of the song.  Makes it easier to skip.  I think the last time I didn't mind hearing skits on an album was on 'Doggystyle'.

1992 is a flawless album.  Especially if you were born in the 80's and grew up on that kind of music.

I thought the skits on D2/D2.5 were done well, you just don't want to have to listen to them every single time you want to listen to the actual songs. If an album has skits, I'd prefer they not be stacked onto the songs

Back
Top Bottom