***** Official The Game Thread*****[Final Album "Westside Story'' TBA]

Billboard 200: #4(new) @thegame, 1992 32,000 (25,000 in pure sales).

The Game notches his ninth top 10 album with the bow of 1992 at No. 4, earning 32,000 units (25,000 in traditional album sales). He previously hit the top 10 with The Documentary 2.5 (No. 6 in 2015), The Documentary 2 (No. 2; 2015), Blood Moon: Year of the Wolf (No. 7; 2014), Jesus Piece (No. 6; 2012), The R.E.D. Album (No. 1; 2011), LAX (No. 2; 2008), Doctor’s Advocate (No. 1; 2006) and The Documentary (No. 1; 2005).

Last edited:
The sex skit on Doc2 and Intoxicated were painful. The only one I didn't mine was the Sway one and the ***** press play one

Billboard 200: #4(new) @thegame, 1992 32,000 (25,000 in pure sales).

The Game notches his ninth top 10 album with the bow of 1992 at No. 4, earning 32,000 units (25,000 in traditional album sales). He previously hit the top 10 with The Documentary 2.5 (No. 6 in 2015), The Documentary 2 (No. 2; 2015), Blood Moon: Year of the Wolf (No. 7; 2014), Jesus Piece (No. 6; 2012), The R.E.D. Album (No. 1; 2011), LAX (No. 2; 2008), Doctor’s Advocate (No. 1; 2006) and The Documentary (No. 1; 2005).
Numbers are better than the 20-25k reported, but it still bombed. As I mentioned on the last page, there's no reason why this album couldn't have done 50k out the gate if his fans were actually real fans.

Numbers are better than the 20-25k reported, but it still bombed. As I mentioned on the last page, there's no reason why this album couldn't have done 50k out the gate if his fans were actually real fans.
I thought he would do 50k myself! After looking at numbers overall though. Guess his 32k isn't "that bad" could
Of been better. Realize everyone pretty much has a "MAJOR" behind them but GAME (regarding artist you actually sell records).

I wonder if he would have done better if he promoted the album more instead of the beef. People listened to his interviews for other reasons and the album was a sidebar.

I think a lot of people missed it.

And looked at 92 Bars as a diss song and not a album single. Kid needs to stop the stunts and stick to promiting an album.

Last edited:
I thought he would do 50k myself! After looking at numbers overall though. Guess his 32k isn't "that bad" could
Of been better. Realize everyone pretty much has a "MAJOR" behind them but GAME (regarding artist you actually sell records).
Its still bad any way you try to spin it. He did 100k out the gate with no major for Doc 2. Doc 2 had buzz because it was the sequel to D1 and it had a single that was everywhere. There was no single for 1992.
I wonder if he would have done better if he promoted the album more instead of the beef. People listened to his interviews for other reasons and the album was a sidebar.

I think a lot of people missed it.

And looked at 92 Bars as a diss song and not a album single. Kid needs to stop the stunts and stick to promiting an album.
A good point. Wack really dropped the ball here in terms of promo. 

Last edited:
One thing now with streaming word of mouth from positive talk might help it.

The only thing now is music is so disposable, people quickly move on to the next project.

He needs to hurry up and put out another video.

Its still bad any way you try to spin it. He did 100k out the gate with no major for Doc 2. Doc 2 had buzz because it was the sequel to D1 and it had a single that was everywhere. There was no single for 1992.
A good point. Wack really dropped the ball here in terms of promo. 
True his push 100k last year independent! However, that was last year, sales are getting worse and worse. Still believe he should of done 50k. Curious to see the rappers who sold over 100k will do this year if/when they release. He also release 5 album in a year, sure they didn't help at all.

True his push 100k last year independent! However, that was last year, sales are getting worse and worse. Still believe he should of done 50k. Curious to see the rappers who sold over 100k will do this year if/when they release. He also release 5 album in a year, sure they didn't help at all.
Block Wars and Streets of Compton aren't albums. They're soundtracks to the properties they were attached to.

I don't think Game will ever do more then 40k. He doesn't make good enough singles, and he won't make large amount of new fans at this stage or his career. Why would a 15 yr old start listening to game? Game is still my fav rapper but if it wasn't for the 50 cent and emeinem connection back in the day, I prob would of never bought one of his albums. But low sells quantity doesn't reflect the quality.

I find in order to enjoy a lot of games best work lately, you must be a long time Game fan and make the connection to his lyrics.

I don't think Game will ever do more then 40k. He doesn't make good enough singles, and he won't make large amount of new fans at this stage or his career. Why would a 15 yr old start listening to game? Game is still my fav rapper but if it wasn't for the 50 cent and emeinem connection back in the day, I prob would of never bought one of his albums. But low sells quantity doesn't reflect the quality.

I find in order to enjoy a lot of games best work lately, you must be a long time Game fan and make the connection to his lyrics.
It doesn't at all. I think this is a damn good project which is why I'm disappointed by the numbers.

True, but as far as the bolded goes, I figured people who simply enjoy dope lyrics and beats would like that album, or any album reflecting those qualities. Dope beats and lyrics should be a standard thing. Hell, why was 7 year old me listening to Ready To Die :lol:? It sounded good

1. However Do You Want It

2. I Grew Up On Wu-Tang

3. True Colors/It's On

4. What You Life Like

5. Bompton

These are my Top 5 

Also did anyone catch The Game switching flows in Bompton (Cube's, Pac's, and Snoop's flows were the ones I caught)

Mine in no particular order
smokin.gif

Erykah badu on the soundtrack?
Not sure if that was her, I remember he sampled her on On Me (The Documentary 2) though.

I don't think the name is the problem. I think he should have put a more modern spin to the OG beats instead of just rapping over the original beats. Album is still dope to me though.

I don't think the name is the problem. I think he should have put a more modern spin to the OG beats instead of just rapping over the original beats. Album is still dope to me though.
Some of the beats did have a modern spin on them, examples: I Grew Up On Wu-Tang and However Do You Want It.

Back
Top Bottom