OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

Sokatka's girl's tittays
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the only characters who honestly were doing the right thing throughout the whole show were Michael and Sobatka. Michael was hustling and robbing, but his only motivation was to take care of his little brother and Dukie. Sobatka started working with the Greeks, not to pad his own pockets, but to supports his union

when Randy's foster mom's crib gets set on fire and she gets burned badly
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

she was a good lady, kids in the system have it the hardest

so apparently Felicia Pearson (Snoop from the Wire) got arrested for drugs in 2011. She also did 6.5 yrs awhile back for 2nd degree murder...safe to say shorty is all the way about that life
110310_Felicia_Pearson.jpg

Question?? In season 5 Omar is dead in the morgue the examiner is checking him and changes tags, what's that about?? Never understood that part

Question?? In season 5 Omar is dead in the morgue the examiner is checking him and changes tags, what's that about?? Never understood that part
It's to show that no matter how important Omar was on the streets, he's still nobody.
Yea I think its cuz the dude realized that the tags were switched by mistake and it shows how even though he was a hood legend none of it mattered

so apparently Felicia Pearson (Snoop from the Wire) got arrested for drugs in 2011. She also did 6.5 yrs awhile back for 2nd degree murder...safe to say shorty is all the way about that life
110310_Felicia_Pearson.jpg
Yeah....she was on 106 & Park (I think that was the show) a while back saying how she had just gotten out of jail before she got a role on the show. 

prop joe............man

but when Butch got got I was really shook

"Im just a humble dude with a big ......" Bunk

prolly watched the entire series four times..and cuz of this thread 'bout to watch it again 
pimp.gif

started off hot, kept it simmerin, ended at just the right time.  before breaking bad, best show on tv and not eem close.

McNulty
smokin.gif
   Dominic West is a hell of an actor, heard him in an interview and was like
sick.gif
, didn't know he has an english accent. Dude is underrated imo, his role as jigsaw in Punisher: War Zone was 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Crazy to see this bumped... Donnie Andrews the man that the character Omar was based on died Thurs.

R.I.P. Donnie Andrews, real-life inspiration for The Wire's Omar
by Sean O'Neal December 14, 2012

The Baltimore Sun is reporting the death of Larry "Donnie" Andrews, the reformed stick-up man whose real-life exploits of preying on the city's drug dealers gave birth to The Wire's Omar. Andrews reportedly died after undergoing emergency heart surgery. The Sun doesn't mention his age, but according to information provided in earlier interviews, Andrews was around 58.

Andrews first gained a reputation for terrorizing Baltimore's drug slingers as a teenager, moving on from holding up bars to robbing stash houses, and—according to this interview he gave The Independent in 2009—sticking to his own moral code of "never mess with women" or kids. After committing his one and only murder, a paid hit on a rival crew member ordered by one of West Baltimore's most powerful drug lords, Andrews was named as a suspect, though he avoided arrest due to lack of evidence. Nevertheless, he was offered a deal by homicide detective Ed Burns, who asked Andrews to wear a wire and get evidence implicating the men who'd hired him. Despite the likelihood he'd slip the charge, Andrews delivered on, as David Simon put it, "an act of conscience—and that doesn't happen a lot in police careers," forever landing on Burns' and Simon's radar as an unusual case study.

Simon later flew to a Phoenix prison to interview Andrews for the Sun, saying that Andrews soon became one of his best informants, and impressed him by "really being rigorous about making the most of his second chance." While Andrews continued his rehabilitation in jail, Simon and Burns began writing The Corner, which eventually became the successful HBO miniseries and launched their television careers. Burns introduced one of the central people in that story, struggling heroin addict Fran Boyd, to Andrews via phone, inadvertently sparking a long romantic relationship. When Andrews was finally released after serving 18 years, the two married in 2007, in front of a congregation filled with Wire actors. David Simon was best man. (Boyd's son and fellow Corner inspiration, DeAndre McCullough, died in August.)

Simon also gave Andrews his first job out of prison: a position on The Wire's writing staff, where he gave them invaluable insight into his experiences that (along with personality traits nicked from fellow Baltimore stick-up men Shorty Boyd, Ferdinand Harvin, and Anthony Hollie) formed the character of Omar. Some scenes—such as when Omar threatens to storm a stash house and the drug dealers comply by simply dropping the bag out the window—Andrews has said came directly from his life.

Like many locals, Andrews was also cast on the show. His character, also named Donnie, was an associate of Omar's confidant Butchie, and was first seen helping an imprisoned Omar tape himself up with phone books to avoid an inevitable shivving. Fittingly, Donnie was with Omar at the bitter end, finally dying in the fifth-season ambush that saw Omar narrowly escape out of a fifth-story window—something Andrews also said was ripped from his life. (Though he claimed he actually jumped from a sixth-story window.)

Life as a stick up kid to make to damn near 60 and die from a heart condition. damn. RIP.

Last edited:
Damb. RIP. I believe I read somewhere that Brad Pitt picked up his life story too and was making a movie about it. I hope it comes out soon.

R.I.P. but is it me or did the guy Donnie have a fruity swag about him on the show? Reason I ask is because I was wondering is the homosexuality based on a real person (possibly Donnie) or was it written for the show?

R.I.P. but is it me or did the guy Donnie have a fruity swag about him on the show? Reason I ask is because I was wondering is the homosexuality based on a real person (possibly Donnie) or was it written for the show?
Good question, you actually just made me think about that for bit.

My opinion is that even without knowing anything about Donnie's sexuality, because *Omar* didn't let his sexuality define him and didn't have any obvious stereotypical homosexual characteristics, it would have gone completely against the intelligent/unpredictable nature of the show if they had made out Omar's 'mentor' of sorts to be even remotely stereotypically gay. So if I had to bet I'd say you were reading too much into it, but I could be wrong. 

That guy Donnie isn't gay. He had a wife. His story was also in the show before The Wire, The Corner.

RIP Prop Joe though |I

Back
Top Bottom