OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

On my 3rd re watch but each time it’s been 5+ years since the last watch so for the most part it’s all pretty much new :pimp:

Just finished episode 4 of season 2

the whole Wallace situation hit different this time :frown: :frown: :frown:

On my 3rd rewatch too. As I get older I find myself being more interested in the police side of things than the street side. Lester might be my new favorite character.

Anyone that says Season 2 is the worst is STOOPID. It's gotta be Season 5. Only 10 episodes long and the whole fake serial killer story was just too much.

I treat seasons 3&4 as one big long story arc. Those are probably my favorites.

Lester might be my new favorite character.

i9c91g7kixv41.jpg

I watched the Wire first then the Sopranos second and expected to enjoy the Wire more. But with 10 episodes left for me to finish Sopranos, I actually like it better

hell season 2 blows

caught and episode or two, really slow and im lost

I liked season 1 a lot though
ive always heard season 2 was the worst. I thought it was pretty damn good. The giant backdrops of the docks. The tragic story of frank sobotka, the blue collar dude just tryna do right by his union. The Greek.

I thought season 2 was an upgrade on cinematography but lacking in exciting gang violence. So far season 3 is like a caricature of what “the hood” is supposed to be. Some lame shootouts. Some really bad “gangsta” dialogue. A dog fight :lol:

I can’t judge until the end of the season, but 3 episodes in and it seems like a step back in quality. More Law & Order on the USA network, and less witty, gritty, HBO rawness. Just my initial thoughts

Season 3 takes some time to get cooking. He only said he was 3 eps in, so I fully expect him to switch up by the end.

Season 2 is great not just for the story, but because it opened up the scope of show. After S1 you think it's pretty much a series about cops and drugs. But David Simon has been clear that the intention was always to make a show about Baltimore. There is no Baltimore without the blue collar/stevedore angle and there is no drug trade in the city without the docks.

That kicked off David Simon being able to introduce a new angle every season, which I thought was pretty brilliant because a city really is just a web of interwoven social institutions that affect one another in some manner.

Okay season 3 is heating up. I’m starting to really get it now. Prolly the most baller thing about this season in the focus on the CODE of the dudes running the streets. They really focus on the ethics and morals of dudes. Cutty, Avon, Stringer, the new cat Marlo, Omar. They all have clashing ideologies and it’s playing out wonderfully.

Back
Top Bottom