OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

is there any place to watch a version of Wire that just shows the street story line? I want to rewatch but only care about the Marlo, Avon, and Joe storyline

I dont know about that but on youtube, you can watch all scenes of certain characters. Like all scenes with stringer, snoop or mike.

is there any place to watch a version of Wire that just shows the street story line? I want to rewatch but only care about the Marlo, Avon, and Joe storyline
That would be kinda cool.

A lot of popular shows and movies do end up getting their own cuts.

An all street version of The Wire however would have to include the cops and later on the kids.

where would you even find something like that
Real dedicated fans do that type of stuff.

There's a chronological version of Lost so there's no flashbacks just the earliest date to the last.

There's a masterful Godfather cut consisting of parts I and II that is also chronological.

Mad versions of Star Wars, especially ones that make the prequels better.

If some of yall put it out there like a request on reddit I'm sure somebody would do it.

Last edited:
That would be kinda cool.

A lot of popular shows and movied do end up getting their own cuts.

An all street version of The Wire however would have to include the cops and later on the kids.

Real dedicated fans do that type of stuff.

There's a chronological version of Lost so there's no flashbacks just the earliest date to the last.

There's a masterful Godfather cut consisting of parts I and II that is also chronological.

Mad versions of Star Wars, especially ones that make the prequels better.

If some of yall put it out there like a request on reddit I'm sure somebody would do it.
txdr8pcbxpb51.jpg

Crazy dedication.

This is basically what it would take to do an all street version of The Wire. S1 is a given but then you gotta check any scene for s2 and rewatch s3. Then determine how much of the school **** you want and decide what newspaper **** has any relevance to the street ****. Then edit it all in order.

I saw that cut a few years back.... Over 7 hours and it's seamless. Had some scenes added back in that were not in the theatrical versions.

I prefer this cut mostly.

What’s hilarious about this to me is that I just finished what had to be my 6th or 7th rewatch and I gained even more appreciation for the “other” storylines :lol: No other show has better illustrated the why & how areas like that are ****ed up.

Would’ve loved to see what Simon had planned for that Carcetti spin-off

Crazy dedication.

This is basically what it would take to do an all street version of The Wire. S1 is a given but then you gotta check any scene for s2 and rewatch s3. Then determine how much of the school **** you want and decide what newspaper **** has any relevance to the street ****. Then edit it all in order.

I feel you'd end up cutting out so much that it'd be incoherent and unfulfilling or you'd leave so much stuff in that you might as well watch the entire thing.

I Watched the whole series a couple of times and would probably rewatch it a lot more if I could get rid of a lot of the other storylines. The series as a whole is cool but would love to just watch certain characters storylines from start to finish when I don’t have enough time to watch full seasons. I can do without watching a Mcnulty scene ever again

Last edited:
Finished the re-watch the other day, there is no bad seasons. I used to think S2 was wack.

Great how each season was different but continued storylines established in previous seasons.

Season 5 was definitely the trashest, but still a decent watch. Especially by average TV standards. Not by prime Wire standards.

Back
Top Bottom