OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

In season 3, Avon has one of the best quotes/speeches of series and really puts that world (and our own) in perspective. So simple yet so chilling because it was soo true.

Slim Charles was the wisest street figure in the game. He wasnt hot headed like Avon. He wasnt a calculated shark like Stringer, Marlo or Prop Joe. He wasn't emotional like Omar, Bodie, or D'Angelo nor was he a blood-thirsty killer like Chris Partlow or Wee-Bey. He knew when to be fierce (killing Cheese after Marlo collapses, soldiering for Avon) and when to stay out of dodge (not accepting Marlo's proposal to take over territory, refusing to kill Clay Davis for Stringer). Not too high, not too low. He was what Bodie and D'Angelo described in Season 1 as one of them "Smart *** Pawns" who makes it to the other side of the Chessboard.

Rewatching and finished season 4 last night

forgot about the whole randy arc :frown: :frown:
Forgot about bubbles and sherrod :frown: :frown:
Knowing how dukie ends up :frown: :frown:

seeing Michael evolve is wild too

Always liked this scene
“Yo I’m about to”
“You about to—“
First punch sounded deadly :lol:

"Where's Wallace?"

How many characters can you spot?

mm8k01kjsh151.jpg

Thinking about starting the show again. Seen it 3 times through. Want to go along with the Jemele podcast.

Pretty much normal to expect first time watchers say they dislike Season 2 as they are watching it because of how different it is in comparison to S1. I think most appreciate it far more once they finish the series. Gives you a better idea of how the city works and lays the groundwork for the rest of the series.

Season 5 is easily the "worst" even though it's still good.

Thinking about starting the show again. Seen it 3 times through. Want to go along with the Jemele podcast.

Pretty much normal to expect first time watchers say they dislike Season 2 as they are watching it because of how different it is in comparison to S1. I think most appreciate it far more once they finish the series. Gives you a better idea of how the city works and lays the groundwork for the rest of the series.

Season 5 is easily the "worst" even though it's still good.

Rewatching now as well.. Naymond Brice is such baby back *****.

Harsh.

Raymond is just destined to more then the streets.

He wasn't built for his environment.

He was just trying to impress his negligent parents.

He didn't have to press on Duke as he did but damn, at that age. I cant call him a *****.

He was a confused kid.
Yeah even though he grew up with “more” than the other kids, it still wasn’t a good situation at all. Mom wanted him to be just like his dad and he wasn’t built for that whatsoever.

Have to remember he was only 13 too. With absent parents. In West Baltimore. Like others have said, he wasn't wired like some of the other corner kids so his a-holish behavior was really just his internal conflict surfacing. Whereas some of the other kids in similar situations coped by being withdrawn or depressed or addicts.

The kids' arcs were just sad all around.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but one of the producers of the Wire produced Bosch, currently on amazon prime tv.

Quite a few actors from the Wire have made appearances. Marlo is a good guy cop. Actor who plays Lt. Daniels has not aged. Not as great as the wire but worth checking out If you like cop dramas. Based off the Michael Connelly book series. S1 is buns but I enjoyed the rest.

Hold up. These Jemele/Van pods are over an hour each? Yeah nah. Definitely not watching for less than an hour and then listening for over one.

Back
Top Bottom