Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

curious to know how much YS charged folks in duties and taxes, did they double tax like the zebra drop?

^ they're all gone. 2 mins in and it says nike.com is all sold out. I think that inventory was supposed to be shared among anywhere outside the US.

Goodbye Dwane Casey, goodbye Kyle Lowry.

I'm nowhere near a "fake fan" but the way the Raptors have played in this post season makes you want to give up on them. No heart and no fight, and they can't score other than Derozan (in some games). How do you go like 0-13 from 3 before making a goddamn shot. This team has done it to themselves to deserve the hate and ridicule from the US/rest of the league. It's time to blow this team up and make major changes if we actually want to win in the future.

I'm nowhere near a "fake fan" but the way the Raptors have played in this post season makes you want to give up on them. No heart and no fight, and they can't score other than Derozan (in some games). How do you go like 0-13 from 3 before making a goddamn shot. This team has done it to themselves to deserve the hate and ridicule from the US/rest of the league. It's time to blow this team up and make major changes if we actually want to win in the future.

We need to
- Re-sign Ibaka
- Re-sign Tucker
- Fire Casey
- Let Lowry walk, (or re-sign for cheap and trade)
- Trade Carroll
- Trade JV for someone who can shoot
- Trade Joseph

Cavs have added all 3 point shooters to compete w/ the Warriors. Two seasons ago, they didn't have depth in shooting 3s. They've adjusted to play small or big. Only thing is they're going to get old in about two seasons.

Last edited:
We need to
- Re-sign Ibaka
- Re-sign Tucker
- Fire Casey
- Let Lowry walk, (or re-sign for cheap and trade)
- Trade Carroll
- Trade JV for someone who can shoot
- Trade Joseph

Cavs have added all 3 point shooters to compete w/ the Warriors. Two seasons ago, they didn't have depth in shooting 3s. They've adjusted to play small or big. Only thing is they're going to get old in about two seasons.

We need to trade derozan and Carroll only

Raptors aren't blowing it up. MLSE enjoys playoff money. They're going to bring the exact same team back next year, but will bring in a new coach to keep fan interest. They won't be able to trade Carroll, but they might find a taker for JV.

If Ujiri was really serious about a rebuild, then he should deal Derozan to Philly for Saric or Okafor and the Lakers pick (providing it falls outside the top 3). Colangelo would do it because he wants to win now, and would increase their chances of getting Lowry to sign there.

Rebuild around whoever they take with that pick (Tatum, Isaac, Dennis Smith Jr or Fox), Powell, etc.

But again, MLSE is perfectly fine with a treadmill team because their aim is to make money. They don't care about winning championships.

Raptors aren't blowing it up. MLSE enjoys playoff money. They're going to bring the exact same team back next year, but will bring in a new coach to keep fan interest. They won't be able to trade Carroll, but they might find a taker for JV.

If Ujiri was really serious about a rebuild, then he should deal Derozan to Philly for Saric or Okafor and the Lakers pick (providing it falls outside the top 3). Colangelo would do it because he wants to win now, and would increase their chances of getting Lowry to sign there.

Rebuild around whoever they take with that pick (Tatum, Isaac, Dennis Smith Jr or Fox), Powell, etc.

But again, MLSE is perfectly fine with a treadmill team because their aim is to make money. They don't care about winning championships.

Easy bandaid to keep fans interested is to fire Casey and hire another coach... sell it all to the fans again and hope Lebron gets hurt.

Thing about the Raptors and basically the rest of the league outside of Golden State and Cleveland is that they're just going to have to run out those teams and create a super team of their own. LeBron still has 4-5 years of top level play. The way the Warriors are built and Steph shoots 3s, they're going to maintain the top spot for a few years as well. The ideal way to go about it is what Philly (if they can draft right) is doing and draft guys who can compete with the Cavs and Warriors when they get old. Much like Jordan beating the Pistons after they were past their prime. I'm a Cavs fan but what I want to see happen is Kawhi getting some legitimate help. 

For the Raptors, I actually think they have an amazing group of young guys who, if a real superstar is added, can become a threat. I think the Raps need to do what Harden got to do in Houston. Move Derozan to the point. He actually has decent vision but the problem is that he's relied on so heavily to score that I don't think he mentally chooses to pass. And he can really get to any point on the floor in the mid-range because of his midrange jumper and driving game. If they let Lowry walk, sign a guy like Paul George along with a few shooters... They still probably won't beat the Cavs any time soon. But can develop chemistry and catch them off guard in a few seasons.

Thing about the Raptors and basically the rest of the league outside of Golden State and Cleveland is that they're just going to have to run out those teams and create a super team of their own. LeBron still has 4-5 years of top level play. The way the Warriors are built and Steph shoots 3s, they're going to maintain the top spot for a few years as well. The ideal way to go about it is what Philly (if they can draft right) is doing and draft guys who can compete with the Cavs and Warriors when they get old. Much like Jordan beating the Pistons after they were past their prime. I'm a Cavs fan but what I want to see happen is Kawhi getting some legitimate help. 

For the Raptors, I actually think they have an amazing group of young guys who, if a real superstar is added, can become a threat. I think the Raps need to do what Harden got to do in Houston. Move Derozan to the point. He actually has decent vision but the problem is that he's relied on so heavily to score that I don't think he mentally chooses to pass. And he can really get to any point on the floor in the mid-range because of his midrange jumper and driving game. If they let Lowry walk, sign a guy like Paul George along with a few shooters... They still probably won't beat the Cavs any time soon. But can develop chemistry and catch them off guard in a few seasons.
We need to trade derozan and Carroll only

I agree with a lot of your points but disagree highly with some of them. It's super easy to throw shade at Derozan because he's had both bad and good games in the Playoffs but Derozan is not the problem. You can complain all you want that he doesn't have a 3 point shot or seems to play too slowed down or lackadaisical at times but this season, he has proven that he is in the top 5 in the NBA in terms of a player who other teams have a really hard time stopping. Even after signing a huge max contract, he came out with a chip on his shoulder like he always does and performed. I can admit that Demar takes a ton of those shots where you go..."OH **** what the eff kind of shot was that"...then they fall swish.

I agree that we should let Lowry walk. The notion of giving him a max contract at his age is cringe worthy. Although it's 95% improbable, I would agree to go after Paul George to add a legitimate superstar and scoring machine out there. We could keep Cory Joseph and allow him to have more of an impact starting role, rather than as a second string guard. I would be willing to take that drop off in PG productivity in order to bring in far more scoring from the forward/shooting guard positions. I'm also not even sold that we should re sign Ibaka especially with his age and what he'll be demanding. Who says he even wants to come back here? Serge in a lot of these Playoffs games was sinking us with terrible shooting. He's missed so many wide open shots in this Cavs series. I would re sign PJ Tucker if the contract was not a big one because he can be a useful asset for defense and veteran leadership.

I don't hate JV because JV has shown to have a lot of promise in certain situations, but I can also see that the NBA is going in a direction where it's clear like a lot of you have mentioned that smaller players and speed dominate over the classical NBA "big man". It was mostly evident in the Bucks series that JV created a huge disadvantage and was a liability out there when the Bucks ran the floor and he just can't keep up. He's also very slow on switches and cannot chase people off the 3 point line. An important piece that needs to be let go is Patrick Patterson as well. He's a free agent too and I've just been getting more and more pissed off at Patterson's play (and I used to be a big supporter of him as an impact making role player). His confidence the past season and a half has been at an all time low and he legit looks terrified whenever he has an open look to shoot. Have you guys noticed that Patterson doesn't even use his back to the basket game AT ALL anymore which used to be a strength of his. He just stands at the corner 3 positions and bricks shots...

It's always been frustrating to be a Raptors fan, but after the Rudy Gay trade, we experienced what I like to call "fake success". We got catapulted into the "elite recognition" within the league after playing well but I don't think we were ever a real threat to the "good teams".

All solid points from everyone.

Never thought about it from the MLSE point of view

Patterson gotta go, PJ gotta go, Carroll gotta go. IMO

Raps were exploring trading Jonas, I think we should do it.

Derozon's style of play is so easy to criticize. People need chill on that.

On the fence on how I feel about Lowry walking in FA

All solid points from everyone.

Never thought about it from the MLSE point of view

Patterson gotta go, PJ gotta go, Carroll gotta go. IMO

Raps were exploring trading Jonas, I think we should do it.

Derozon's style of play is so easy to criticize. People need chill on that.

On the fence on how I feel about Lowry walking in FA
I mostly agree with you but Lowry has to go now as well sadly. The real issue though with all of this "he got to go talk" is that you're obviously blowing the entire team up in this case. The "core" will be dismantled and the likelihood of us being a horrible team like the Nets or Sixers could happen.

I heard a really good analogy from an NBA writer during the Bucks series when questions were being raised about dismantling this Raptors team. The guy basically brought up the point of when the Pistons were a championship team with the Billups, Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed days. That team was aging but they never had a clear "superstar". They ended up breaking that team up due to the issue of age going forward and look how long Detroit has been bad. Granted that's more on poor GM moves etc but that's obviously always the risk you run when changing a teams core dynamics.

PPat gives off the vibe that he doesn't practice much, he's on social media always talking and partying

MLSE needs klow back but I'm not a big fan. I don't like his body language

Anyone know if any stores in Toronto or online have the Pharell's available?
If you're talking about the Tennis Hu. Haven got them. Remaining sizes at the end of the day will most likely be put up on their site.

Back
Top Bottom