Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

RenderedImage.jpeg

One of the grail's on my list was this Air Winged Flight ('97), a shoe that for sentimental reasons, I really loved growing up. Probably one of the first pairs that my 15 year old self bought with my own earned money. The original shoes are long gone, but I still held onto the box after all these years.

I'd scour eBay for years, until this summer when I found someone in Calgary with my 9.5 asking a ridiculous $370CDN. Made a respectable and way overvalued offer on my end of $200 shipped, got declined and tried to get them to meet me somewhere more realistic and they wouldn't even budge (it's not even a signature model!!). Then I saw a pair go up from a dude in NY for about $75, but he only listed a deadstock 8.5. Took a wild shot in the dark and asked if he had any other sizes, and he replied saying he had a 10 in the stash somewhere. He found it, I instantly copped and never felt more like a kid again.

Amazing how stuff like this really brings you back to a moment in time.

And to probably no one's surprise, the Calgarian is STILL sitting on them. :lol:

RenderedImage.jpeg

One of the grail's on my list was this Air Winged Flight ('97), a shoe that for sentimental reasons, I really loved growing up. Probably one of the first pairs that my 15 year old self bought with my own earned money. The original shoes are long gone, but I still held onto the box after all these years.

I'd scour eBay for years, until this summer when I found someone in Calgary with my 9.5 asking a ridiculous $370CDN. Made a respectable and way overvalued offer on my end of $200 shipped, got declined and tried to get them to meet me somewhere more realistic and they wouldn't even budge (it's not even a signature model!!). Then I saw a pair go up from a dude in NY for about $75, but he only listed a deadstock 8.5. Took a wild shot in the dark and asked if he had any other sizes, and he replied saying he had a 10 in the stash somewhere. He found it, I instantly copped and never felt more like a kid again.

Amazing how stuff like this really brings you back to a moment in time.

And to probably no one's surprise, the Calgarian is STILL sitting on them. :lol:

weren't these Terrell Brandon's shoes?

also, when people say "I'm retiring"
what?
I think about shoes at least 24hrs a day LOL can't imagine the day that I stop caring. It will always snag my attention
as it did 25 years ago as a kid when I got my first Jordan and people's necks were breaking everywhere and kids at
school that I never talk to come up to me and ask what I was wearing.
When I wore a pair of vans for 5 years straight in my college days.
Oh you "retired"? Bruh, you were never really in it.

my wife doesn't understand my obsession with shoes. she goes out and buys $30 payless shoes and i go out and buy $300 yeezys

she refuses to buy me shoes because she thinks i have enough as it is

my wife doesn't understand my obsession with shoes. she goes out and buys $30 payless shoes and i go out and buy $300 yeezys

she refuses to buy me shoes because she thinks i have enough as it is

My wife totally gets my "hobby" or obsession with sneakers and is very supportive..... to the point that she helps me decide on certain kicks. Her theory now is if I'm undecided about a pair of sneakers to just buy them and if you don't like them at least you have 30 days to return them. That or she just doesn't want to hear me talk about how I should have grabbed them earlier lol. She refuses to buy me shoes as well but that's because she's afraid I won't like them because of my varied taste when it comes to sneakers.

As far as she's concerned it's my money and nothing is missing in our lives in terms of assets, house, cars, bills, savings, food on the table, don't do drugs or a drunk, ect. She know's I work very hard and make a decent salary and if this is what I want to spend my money on and it brings me joy, then she is very supportive. Heck I bought a pair yesterday and got them sent to CBI and she offered to go pick them up if I'm working or busy when they arrive.

Need a new pair of Monarchs. I can't afford to pay $200 on 990s man...
Wife gets mad at me for buying a new hoodie and vapormaxes. Weeks prior she cashed out at LV. whut?
Crt_k8gUIAAe7B0.jpg
Don't you know rule #1 when dealing with women? Never argue with their logic :rofl:
Also, you know how they say sneakerheads can never have too many shoes? Well women can never have too much LV. If they question, it's cuz they're expecting our sneaker money to go towards their LV :lol:

Once your S/O understands the shoe obsession :pimp: I got mine into sneakers not too long ago. She mostly rocks air maxes and NMDs.

Tried to get her on some Yeezys but she thinks the V2s are hideous. V1s cost an arm and a leg :nerd:

Finding a s/o that understands and supports is clutch

In terms of hype, sneakers are a cyclical thing, Jordans are down but maybe thats why Nike been trying to retro SB's and air maxes hard last year to this year and into next year.

For example - the black Motorsport 4s were one of the best releases by Jordan Brand in years. Beautiful leather, excellent quality, but yet they sat on shelves. I got my pair from FL for $150. Insane!!!

I was surprised to see both black and white versions not selling too. Some lucky folks got Jordan 3 true blues for cheap too.

In terms of hype, sneakers are a cyclical thing, Jordans are down but maybe thats why Nike been trying to retro SB's and air maxes hard last year to this year and into next year.

Discussed a few weeks ago in this thread, expect that hype to go right back up for JB now that they've officially confirmed they're cutting back on production numbers of retros in 2018.

Back
Top Bottom