Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I used to work at the Nike store connected to Athletes World and that was one of my best working experiences. Infrared 6s sat for a long while when they dropped (the good old days).

I used to work at the Nike store connected to Athletes World and that was one of my best working experiences. Infrared 6s sat for a long while when they dropped (the good old days).

Most sneaker releases sat to be honest or were at least easily available at most locations. We always forget that this is still a relatively new hobbie and the social media age has just intensified the amount of hype and people feeling like they need a certain sneaker when they might have passed just due to their personal taste back in the day. We’ve all been victim to that hypebeast influence when you see a shoe garnering a ton of attention on IG or Twitter, then you may want it even though you don’t truly love it. I bought the Y3 triple white pure boost and paid retail and I can be the first to admit that those are probably my biggest regret in a sneaker purchase. They’re made cheap like a regular boost sneaker but due to the Y3 name...they charged $375 for it. I ordered from Haven without realizing they were final sale. SMDH.

Most sneaker releases sat to be honest or were at least easily available at most locations. We always forget that this is still a relatively new hobbie and the social media age has just intensified the amount of hype and people feeling like they need a certain sneaker when they might have passed just due to their personal taste back in the day. We’ve all been victim to that hypebeast influence when you see a shoe garnering a ton of attention on IG or Twitter, then you may want it even though you don’t truly love it. I bought the Y3 triple white pure boost and paid retail and I can be the first to admit that those are probably my biggest regret in a sneaker purchase. They’re made cheap like a regular boost sneaker but due to the Y3 name...they charged $375 for it. I ordered from Haven without realizing they were final sale. SMDH.

This is a NEW "hobby" to the masses. I've personally been into sneakers for 25+ years, and could say that I know a few on here have been into them depending on age for 15+ years. We've all had moments that we buy something based on hype and regret that purchase, mine would be the 360 Air Max with the polka dots from GDFT (Q why didn't you sell them instead of keeping em on hold LMAO).

Ya I’m 28 so it’s not like I’m a kid by any standard, and been on NT and into sneakers since I was about 12-13. It’s hilarious nowadays when they’re retro’ing AZGs and calling things vintage where you’re like damn. I’m getting damn old lol.

Checked out Nike at Markville Mall, asked this chick about the flyknit trainers, and if they're getting a restock this week or next, she said no we're not. I asked, do you even know which one I'm talking about? Since she looked confused.
Another NTer mentioned a few posts back that they're getting a random restock. Don't know what to believe now lol.
I talked to this filipino dude that knows his kicks. If you spoke to the white chick inside the store, I'm pretty sure she doesn't really know her kicks (not trying to stereotype, but that's what happened last time I asked about some shoes at the Markville Nike).

Don't forget there were Nike accounts literally everywhere back in the day and some retros would actually go on sale too. Today's Sportswear and SVP Vaughan used to have some solid line-ups and good drops back in the day. There was also this one sneaker store inside P-Mall (not TSW) that had releases and retros sitting inside just cuz no one knew the spot existed. Also, throwback to when Solestop was the OG resell shop and they didn't even charge rape back then. Used to be my go-to shop to look at gems that I couldn't afford.

Also, whoever brought up Athlete's World, thanks for bringing back some nostalgic moments. Brought a nice tear to my eye loool.

I talked to this filipino dude that knows his kicks. If you spoke to the white chick inside the store, I'm pretty sure she doesn't really know her kicks (not trying to stereotype, but that's what happened last time I asked about some shoes at the Markville Nike).

Nah, I saw that white chick. I asked the tiny filipino chick. She definitely looked lost and just said no if they're getting a restock.
Don't understand why you're hired here if you're not getting your info properly. Besides eye candy aspect.

Serious? Chick last night told me they weren't getting anymore.. jeez..
Don't talk to random employees lol. Talk to the ones that actually know their sneakers.
Also if you wanna actually get info out of an employee, don't just walk in and ask for info on a restock cuz they either won't know or don't want to tell you.

A lot of these employees have zero knowledge about any products, and simply just work there for a paycheck and/or because it's the "cool" place to work :lol:

That, and the discounts associated with it.

Don't talk to random employees lol. Talk to the ones that actually know their sneakers.
Also if you wanna actually get info out of an employee, don't just walk in and ask for info on a restock cuz they either won't know or don't want to tell you.

Unfortunately I left the gym late last night, and there were only 2 people on the sales floor. One being the filipino chick who was just standing around. Otherwise I'd go asking a dude, if there was a guy working there at the time.
Gonna see if I can swing by there 12ish, and see if they got any left.

A lot of these employees have zero knowledge about any products, and simply just work there for a paycheck and/or because it's the "cool" place to work :lol:
A lot don't even care about the job. They just work there to get pairs first to resell.

Same i worked at the EC downstairs location back in the day. Almost any jordan sat.

yeah I've been into shoes even before some of you are born LMAO.
I get your point, but this is just not true.

Blew all of my money on OG prestos, that alone is 17/18 years ago.

20 years ago is still "new" and recent dude. I don't know what you're talking about. It's 2018. 17/18 years ago is still the year 2000. People only started really collecting and caring about sneakers around the 1970s and 80s.

i don't know anyone (personally) that collected back in the 80s let alone the 70s.
no way that's true. Even Jordan's only really started popping late 80s early 90s.
and even then no one really collected.

If anyone hits up TEC Nike, let me know if they have an 8.5 in the black/white trainers.

i don't know anyone (personally) that collected back in the 80s let alone the 70s.
no way that's true. Even Jordan's only really started popping late 80s early 90s.
and even then no one really collected.

I'm not talking like I have a PhD in sneakers or anything. Sneaker culture can be generally spoken about from before Jordans though. That's a super generalization. Obviously Jordan and his sneakers skyrocketed the sneaker industry but rap groups such as Run DMC popularized Adidas from back in the late 70s, early 80s. Rap and sports have always been connected to sneaker culture and obviously there isn't a definitive way to say when people first started collecting sneakers but people definitely collected sneakers far before Jordan sneakers...

any mitchell & ness raptor shorts around? i have some family in toronto this weekend, hope they can scoop it up for me.

9785F1D4-F4FE-4579-A5EB-2A26D8505109.jpeg
These are hella nice ! Dk why adidas Canada releases them then removed them from the site yesterday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom