Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Does anyone own both the the Nike Air Huaraches and the Nike Flyknit Racers? I found a specific colorway I liked online, but I haven't tried on a pair and won't be able to swing by my local FTL until later on the week. I have really wide feet so I was told to size up, as I don't plan to use them as performance sneakers and I like having a little wiggle room on the toes. I'm trying to compare them to my Huaraches as they fit almost like a sock/extremely tight and for those I had to size up a whole size for a comfortable fit. Thanks!
I own both.  Huarache...  people usually go half up.  Racers I'd say are TTS.  It's generally the consensus in the racer thread.  I find them a bit roomier because there is no padding whatsoever.

Anybody wear Nikes for actual running? Getting back into running and need to get a new pair but i've always been told that Nikes were terrible to run in (and to go with New Balance, Sauconys, etc.). However after looking at various review online it looks like Nike's stepped their game up in terms of the performance of their shoes. Wondering if anyone that actually runs in them has any suggestions?

Top brands on the market for running are Asics, New Balance, and Saucony

You need to know what kinda foot you have to determine what kind of shoe you need

Either Neutral/comfort (regular arch or semi high arch) or Stability/ Support (flat foot or low arches).

Nike doesnt really offer stability shoes other than the zoom structure and lunar glide but both those models wont really perform like the top three companies.

If you check out Running Room, they'll do an assessment on your feet and your gait to see what shoes you should look at

You need to know what kinda foot you have to determine what kind of shoe you need
Either Neutral/comfort (regular arch or semi high arch) or Stability/ Support (flat foot or low arches).

Nike doesnt really offer stability shoes other than the zoom structure and lunar glide but both those models wont really perform like the top three companies.

If you check out Running Room, they'll do an assessment on your feet and your gait to see what shoes you should look at

Yup. I have a pair of Sauconys from 10 years ago. They are ugly af. Look like an old man's shoe. However, if I had to run a competitive 5K tomorrow, I'm reaching for those joints over my Lunarglides every single time. If you're going to be putting in some serious mileage, go to Running Room. Don't worry about looks.

I don't run often but I use my Pegasus 31's when I do. I personally like em but I haven't ran in any of the other brands mentioned.

Anybody wear Nikes for actual running? Getting back into running and need to get a new pair but i've always been told that Nikes were terrible to run in (and to go with New Balance, Sauconys, etc.). However after looking at various review online it looks like Nike's stepped their game up in terms of the performance of their shoes. Wondering if anyone that actually runs in them has any suggestions?
Don't let the tech gimmicks get to you.  I'd go with the other brands that everyone else is suggesting if you want serious running shoes.  Serious runners aren't about looks.  They go for performance.  I run in Asics Gel Kayanos.  I see people suggesting to run in gel lytes and it kills me.  Retro shoes aren't meant for that these days.

Don't let the tech gimmicks get to you.  I'd go with the other brands that everyone else is suggesting if you want serious running shoes.  Serious runners aren't about looks.  They go for performance.  I run in Asics Gel Kayanos.  I see people suggesting to run in gel lytes and it kills me.  Retro shoes aren't meant for that these days.

Any good ones for a non-runner but for training/gym?

i do

i've ran exclusively in lunarglides that i find on Nike Outlet clearance racks because im cheap af

Im a forefoot striker with wide feet, so that narrow heel, and wide forefoot with the mushy *** lunarlon in the front makes it really smooth running outdoors and on treadmills in the gym

only downside for me is that the rubber isn't worth **** if u run everyday you'll burn through the rubber in 4/5 months and the laces are always too damn long

but i always just buy the previous years model and it always ends up being like 60-70 bucks after taxes, im not gonna switch anytime soon theres just too much value in that for me and the way i run.

i guess they're fine to workout at the gym in as well, but i wouldn't squat or deadlift in them thats for sure, too high off the ground to be properly stable to do any of those compound movements

ASICS all day, only shoe I run in for long distance/short distance.

I work out in my asics too, but not for heavy Squats/Deadlifts, that type of weight bearing down on the shoe will ruin the integrity of the insole quicker than you think.

It's even nicer when you can get them via insurance
glasses.gif
happy.gif

I tried running in nike lunar 2's once, never again lol
Most of my friends are pretty active and workout a lot, I can safely say none of them wear nikes to run

I actually lift (squat & deadlift) in my Nike Structure 18s I find the heel part is very hard and stable. I can't imagine running in them for a long time though they aren't very comfy.

Does anyone own both the the Nike Air Huaraches and the Nike Flyknit Racers? I found a specific colorway I liked online, but I haven't tried on a pair and won't be able to swing by my local FTL until later on the week. I have really wide feet so I was told to size up, as I don't plan to use them as performance sneakers and I like having a little wiggle room on the toes. I'm trying to compare them to my Huaraches as they fit almost like a sock/extremely tight and for those I had to size up a whole size for a comfortable fit. Thanks!
I have wide feet as well and am quite picky about sizes, so here's my take. My true size is a 10 - that's what I take in pretty much every Air Max, and most other shoes. In a few Jordans that fit bigger, I do a 9.5. For me, a 10 in Flyknit Racers was tight....way too tight to wear comfortably. They're one of the very few shoes I have to go up to a 10.5 for. Coincidentally I have to do the same with Huaraches because of the strap.

Definitely no knock on those other brands - I used to run in Sauconys for a long while, and would have been the first to advise against Nikes for true running. I feel like Nike has made big strides though, and now I just pick up something cheap with a Lunar sole from the outlet for my runners. Was running in a pair of Lunar Flyknit 1's I grabbed for $80 from the outlet, and just grabbed a new pair of 2's the other day for the same price.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a pretty serious runner, about 200km a month, and I switched over to Nike's a few years back with no issue.

I put in over 800km on my Lunar Flyknit 2s and though the Lunarlon has obviously lost its plushness, they're still really comfy.

If you're casual about running, Lunarlon are great for shorter distances like 5-10km runs. When I do more serious outings I switch over to Zoom Elite 8s, which seems like a popular choice for competitive Nike-sponsored athletes--also on crazy clearance pretty much all over the place now. Grabbed a pair off NDC for $80 this past winter. They're way, way more firm, but stable as hell, and have a forefoot zoom--which you can't really feel.

Bottom line though is that barring crazy foot issues, you can run in absolutely anything if you know how to maintain yourself.

The funny thing is I've seen a lot of people seriously run the treadmills at the gym with retro runners. See a lot of people don't understand that retros especially Nikes are no longer constructed to the same spec as the OGs. They are mostly just for looks.

However I got to give it to Asics as their retros feel pretty much the same as the OGs from 25 some years ago (to me anyway). I'm not a serious runner but I can jog in retro GT-IIs no problem (on my 2nd pair already) and they are mad comfy (then again I have a neutral to slight supination gait so I can run in pretty much anything). When I wear my MetaRun I feel like I can fly since they are so effortless lol!

Last edited:
Went to foot locker and HOH at eaton centre. They won't be reeleasing the MC racers. Nike running got a shipment in today but are unloading it now.

Back
Top Bottom