Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Anyone here selling a pair of black OVO 12s or banned 1s in a size 10? Looking for close to retail or have some things to trade. Banned 1s are like my shoe unicorn, just can't seem to get them no matter what I try lol

That'll be why you're having trouble...

Anyone here selling a pair of black OVO 12s or banned 1s in a size 10? Looking for close to retail or have some things to trade. Banned 1s are like my shoe unicorn, just can't seem to get them no matter what I try lol

This is actually me except with the white OVO's. I've lost hope in getting those for now though. I'll be happy with some breds hopefully this weekend.

What are y'all experiences buying from European boutiques? Which got you hit with customs vs. which didn't?

What are y'all experiences buying from European boutiques? Which got you hit with customs vs. which didn't?
The big European shops aren't willing to budge on marking your value down. I asked Caliroots once, they refused. 

I heard smaller shops are willing to if you email them and ask them. 

But Canada customs will tag you 90% of the time. If you didn't get hit with it, consider yourself lucky.

The big European shops aren't willing to budge on marking your value down. I asked Caliroots once, they refused. 

I heard smaller shops are willing to if you email them and ask them. 

But Canada customs will tag you 90% of the time. If you didn't get hit with it, consider yourself lucky.

So basically assume a ~13-20% hit on the order if I self clear?

Last edited:
I prefer to ship everything to my UK forwarding address since I can declare my own value on my package.

It typically cost me about $25 CDN to forward a pair of shoes, but I find most European sites are charging at least that amount or more to ship to Canada. These same shops will ship free to my UK address. My preference is buying from UK, as the GBP conversion is very favourable and you actually pay less than retail.

I have not found a European boutique that subtracts VAT from the purchase total with the shoes I want to buy......otherwise it might be worth doing.

It also goes without saying that you should set up an account with FedEx, UPS, and DHL. This would eliminate some of the costs they charge you, in particular UPS charges you a bonded fee which is a charge for "lending the money" ahead of time for clearing your package.

Since I live at a condo, I prefer to have these accounts. They will charge any COD directly to my account. Otherwise if I owe any balance, my concierge cannot accept the package.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think I've ever got hit with duty from anything shipped with Royal Mail. But I go home/have someone come over enough that I just ship to one of my parents and wait. I know Wellgosh deduct the 20% VAT for Canada orders. Maybe a few others as well.

So do you just periodically check your inbox to see if they are reserved or do you have to request to reserve them?

I'm pretty new with the Nike+ app so I'm a tiny bit lost.
Its given out randomly. I checked my inbox, i dont see any royals reserved at all. I just kept spamming unlock from time to time

and i was able to pick a size. 

Yeah I don't think I've ever got hit with duty from anything shipped with Royal Mail. But I go home/have someone come over enough that I just ship to one of my parents and wait. I know Wellgosh deduct the 20% VAT for Canada orders. Maybe a few others as well.
Royal Mail or any local courier service will transfer to Canada Post when it arrives. Your chances are pretty good, even if they don't markdown the value. Though recently I think Canada Post has dedicated more resources to dinging packages.

I had a package for $30 GBP and they still dinged me!

I think I've maybe paid 5 times to Canada Post in the last 10 years.

WellGosh and other well known sites get eat up by bots really quick. The sites I shop that are low key don't subtract VAT :frown:

Royal Mail or any local courier service will transfer to Canada Post when it arrives. Your chances are pretty good, even if they don't markdown the value. Though recently I think Canada Post has dedicated more resources to dinging packages.

I had a package for $30 GBP and they still dinged me!

I think I've maybe paid 5 times to Canada Post in the last 10 years.

WellGosh and other well known sites get eat up by bots really quick. The sites I shop that are low key don't subtract VAT :frown:
Is Wellgosh that well known? That's one of my local-ish spots back home so never really thought about it. I've had my dad ship me some dress shoes and he put 300 quid as the value and never got hit. Think it's just luck of the draw though tbf. I'd say on average now I go back or someone comes here every 6 months so now just happy to wait. Are you shopping mostly euro boutiques and shipping to UK or UK boutiques? Guessing the no VAT on Euro purchases will be gone within 2 years now.

Told yah...

Congrats.

I checked mine...as of now didn't get a reserve...

That breaks my streak of Banneds, Black Toes and Top 3 reserves
I don't think I've ever got a reserve from ndc.  Not sure if it's based off previous purchases cuz if that's the case, I haven't bought anything from ndc US for over a year.

Back
Top Bottom