Official Toronto Raptors 2009-2010 Season Thread. The Raptors are garbage. That is all.

as much as everybody already knows, i just wanna restate something... calderon's D is absolute doo doo. im so freakin tired of seeing everybody'sgrandma blow past this dude. it doesn't even take a cross over you can just tell him to stand still and walk around with permission. couple occasions inthe game he could've easily stepped in the lane as the second defender to make the guy pass or go for a steal, he just looked over his shoulder and sawsome dude go in for an easy 2. another instance he was standing at the corner on the 3line, some raptor took a shot and if only he followed that shot at all hewould've gotten an easy rebound as nobody was on that side of the basket until the ball bounced twice. just can't watch him ignore these intangiblesthat every player on a team needs to pay attention to, especially on the road. same goes for hedo's D, way way too soft when hes coming in on the weak sideand someone is going strong to the basket. put the body on him! make it tough! show some god dam tenacity.

this team hasn't had a personality in a very long time and this bunch isn't getting anywhere close either.

The Calderon, Jack lineup is -19.
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
by far the worst out of any line up more than 30 minutes played.

The best is Hedo, Calderon, Belineli, Bosh, Bargs...put the play maker in there.

As much as I love Calderon, he is really starting to get on my nerves... to the point where I am happier with a JJ/Marco backcourt. I really hope Bryan makes amove before the deadline, because we need something to stir the pot up.

Your thoughts on the Bosh/Bynum rumors?

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Your thoughts on the Bosh/Bynum rumors?
0% chance of it happening.

At the end of the day I see the Raptors signing Bosh to a max-deal in July and then trading him because he wants to leave.

A sign-and-trade would probably work out well for both parties. Bosh would get the most amount of money possible under the collective bargaining agreementwhile the Raptors will be able to add some talent/draft picks that could help going forward.

If only Colangelo could find a way to unload Hedo and Jose's contracts and have this team start fresh.

The Raptors will never win a playoff series with the team they have now.

I agree with your last statement. I thought that this year's team may show some promise, but too damn inconsistent.

Id love it if we were proved wrong, but right now it aint happening.

Derozan vs. Eric Gordon in the Dunk Off during Halftime of the Rookie Game to get the final spot for the SD Contest.

I got love for CB4 if he leaves, as long as hes honest with the city about his intentions. We boo'd T-Mac because he was sneaky.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Torontonians, will you guys boo CB4 if he doesn't play for Raps next season?
nah it would only be the sensible thing to do, sign-n-trade to elsewhere so he can get himself in a better position to win a ring. if anythingtoronto should show love for how long this man has been a classy workhorse and a consummate teammate.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Torontonians, will you guys boo CB4 if he doesn't play for Raps next season?
It depends on how he goes out.

Guys like T-Mac and Antonio Davis got booed because they forced their way out of the team and bad-mouthed the city.

Vince gets booed because he demanded a trade after signing a long-term extension and he blatantly gave up on the team. I actually ran in to Matt Bonner a fewmonths after the trade and asked him about Vince and he said "I wish he played harder for us".

If Bosh comes out with some corny statement about how much he loved Toronto but he's leaving for a chance to be closer to his family or to win a ring, etc.then I dont see the fans turning on him.

If anything, the fans should turn on Bryan Colangelo for doing nothing but build mediocre teams for the past 4-seasons while being one of the highest paid GMsin the league. He's been in charge for 4-seasons now and I haven't heard anyone in the Toronto media criticize him yet or question any of hisdecisions
smh.gif

derozan has been very impressive. its not that hes putting up great stats or anything but his play has been solid for a rookie. hes being very patient, hes notforcing the issue like a lotta rookies tend to, he tries to take it to the basket a lot and his shot selection has been conservative. i'd rather him dothis than put up a couple more highlight reel plays while shooting an awful % and making bad decisions. hes shooting a respectable 47% from the field, 79% fromthe line. his mid-range jumper requires quite some work, his release just looks a lil awkward but its something he can work on and it'll smooth out in duetime. im very excited about his future, hope he continues to get better fundamentally. his athleticism will shine even brighter when he puts on some size withage and develops that jump shot.

loses like this is what's going to kill us in the playoff picture. We can't afford to give away games that we should be winning because we'll endup having the lower seeds which pretty much guarantees a round 1 exit.

Back
Top Bottom