******OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON PICS/INFO THREAD****** Teaser Trailer Pg 14

Since the second one was awful I will have my expectations low for this one and hopefully enjoy it.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

unicron had green eyes in the cartoon, this aint G1 its bayformers

look at that bot in the end, does it scream planet eating monster?

In the cartoon he was only inerested in one planet Lithone. I really think he will have a real small role in the movie as soundwave did in part 2. I think he will be there to bring back the decipticons. Plus the name of the movie is "dark moon" which he was referred to, because his size dwarfed other planets. 

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

alpha trion (as stated up top, protector of cybertron)
alpha-trion3.jpg

thats my guess anyway

Mines too, I can't stand when fanboys start getting firm in their underoos making up characters they "hope" it might be.
I still
laugh.gif
@ the countless Soundwave threads on the web prior to ROTF, and he got a whole 13secs.

Not a Transformers fanboy but I did just sit through all the movies for my little nephew and there are things that looked familar.
Not to mention I was a US Navy cryptic reader. Old habits die hard.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's Alpha Trion too, just look at his face he got some old man type face, it doesn't scream out planet eating villain to me.

I think it's Unicron, but the sizing is way off... Would be sweet if it was a throwback to the OG Transformers movie with Rodimus and Unicron.

newjs lets agree to disagree

im guessing within a week it will be revealed who it is

just remember that the 3 transformers films have nothing to do with G1 or any other transformers series

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

unicron had green eyes in the cartoon, this aint G1 its bayformers

look at that bot in the end, does it scream planet eating monster?

In the cartoon he was only inerested in one planet Lithone. I really think he will have a real small role in the movie as soundwave did in part 2. I think he will be there to bring back the decipticons. Plus the name of the movie is "dark moon" which he was referred to, because his size dwarfed other planets. 

i have been a transformers fan for 20+ years and i have never heard him being referred to that name

do u have the info to back that claim up?

I could see the main plot of TF3 being Unircron trying to turn the entire planet into metal so he could use earth as he body/vessel.  

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Not shockwave.

this is soundwave
Apologies.  Either way, though, my point was he was a cyclops as previous others mentioned, not just someone with one eye poked out.

Edit: And to add to this Unicron discussion... the trailer said July 20, 1969, and was Apollo 11.  That was the day and ship that the US landed on the moon.  Therefore, if they were actually exploring that ship that was on the moon, it wouldn't have been Unicron.

Possible bots

Alphatron
Ultra Magnus
Sentinel Prime (Leader before Optimus in the comics)
Vector Prime (It would make sense him being in a spaceship) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thats definitely Alpha Trion and the ship is the ark.  It wouldn't make sense if the ark crashed on Earth because of the all spark story, so instead it is on the moon while the Nemesis (Deception ship) is somewhere else which was shown in the second film.

After reading everything and basically going over and over the trailer one can't help it feel that it maybe Unicron. Now I am not getting wordy on this so here it goes...

1. Can't be alpha trion - what purpose can he bring to this story line? unless like the soldier said in Part 2 - If God created us in his image...I wonder who created him? will they twist things around and say Alpha is the father of the autobots etc? and he is coming to join up optimus and destroy megatron and soundwave? are they that strong that Alpha is needed? idk it just doesn't fit the story line unless as I heard they are planning to do a time travel thing where alpha might be in the past but knowing Bay this is too much story. he likes to blow up stuff and keeps the story moving along

2. autobots and deceptions are heading to the moon, skylynx is the space shuttle for the autobots and rumors of astrotrain for the deceptions why are they going to the moon to rescue alpha or to destroy him? it doesn't make sense. but if its Unicron one side wants to activate him again and the other wants to destroy him fits the story better

3. the size of Unicron. Someone here on the board said it perfectly this is Bayformers not Transformers. what we grew up knowing who Unicron is may not translate to what Bay thinks who Unicron should be...Unicron doesn't have to be a planet to be Unicron. Was Galactus the same in the Fantastic 4 movie? no he was a cloud of energy and it was lame...but remember Galatcus when he is not fed gets smaller, could this have happened to Unicron? maybe when he is activated again or wakes up from suspended animation that he uses the ship and rebuilds himself into it and merges with him? but then again why is he in the middle? was that his ship? and all those dead robots inside where they going to attack him? remember he said the Hull is breached was this ship fighting with the Nemesis instead? where these two ships running after the all spark as well? as you can see one can go nuts figuring this out.

4. and probably the final reason why it could be Unicron. not knocking my man shockwave but to end the trilogy with him being the main bad dude i dont think so. Bay wants to end it with a bang and he is quoted saying that when the movie is finished it leaves it open to any director to pick it up where he will leave it off. Also, in a dvd i watched when he was interviewed in the background Unicron was displayed on screen. yeah producers may say he's too big etc etc but c'mon with today's technology you don't think they can make a gigantic moon like creature? i mean the space station in star wars looked a lil real and that was back in '77 so could it be Unicron maybe yes and maybe no. all i know is that Bay has a lot of people talking about it now and its not even July yet...bravo Bay marketing team

P.S. - Unicron was yellow/orange Alpha was neither so there you go lol

here is a photo from the set of the face of shockwave:
TF3ChicagoShockwaveSoundwave.jpg

though in the 2nd one optimus was the last prime left, it would make sense for there to be a prime alive in 1969 (as the events in movies 1 + 2 took part post 2000). I think the bot is either alpha trion, zeta prime or sentinel prime. REGARDLESS, kudos to Bay for deciding to use that bot at the end of the trailer as clearly it has sparked some debate

^exactly

and what easily tells u whats a decepticon and whats an autobot? the eyes for one

movieverse aka bayformers autobots all have blue optics just like the autobot in the trailer

movieverse aka bayformers decepticons all have red optics just like the pic AirForce1sposted above me

another thing to looka at is the transformers itself.

since the first transformers was announced, bay said that all decepticons will look more organic, meaning more creature like

all autobots will be robot like

the autobot in the trailer has a muzzle on it like optimus

Back
Top Bottom