Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

When you factor in air max day and the restock, yes there were tons of got ems for SW. Many people got multiple pairs bc them and their wife hit. One guy got 3 pairs between his, his wife, and his son.

Phone number isn't enough, clearly.

Sorry but anything that logs the vast majority out of their account and won't let them log back in is not a good start. I assume you got a pair through snkrs, so congrats. You're opinion is greatly biased bc of it. If you were locked out of your account for an hour and still couldn't order on snkrs 2 full days later I don't think you'd view it as a good start.

anyone know when nike started letting people verify their accounts with VOIP? didnt work with google voice before but it works now.

The thing about Foot apps is that its regional so most people enter where they live.. SNKRS is like the entire US entering=Fail. Also, they have a lot of Foot stores which gives you a decent shot, especially when you can only choose 3 locations. In comparison.. there's usually one Nike store per city-if you live in a big city. That's why I FA is always blessing me.

i was just curious cuz i saw it on sneakernews the retail price went up on those.... and they sold out today too... there must be something about that shoe where everyone wanted a pair

When you factor in air max day and the restock, yes there were tons of got ems. Many people got multiple pairs bc them and their wife hit. One guy got 3 pairs between his, his wife, and his son.

Phone number isn't enough, clearly.

Sorry but anything that logs the vast majority out of their account and won't let them log back in is not a good start. I assume you got a pair through snkrs, so congrats. You're opinion is greatly biased bc of it. If you were locked out of your account for an hour and still couldn't order on snkrs 2 full days later I don't think you'd view it as a good start.
I'm trying not to be biased because of getting a pair on Saturday off of SNKRS. When I referred to the SW I meant that release day compared to this release day to try and show the fact that something happened because of the simple fact that there were more manual winners on the travis scotts than the SW with similar stock numbers. Not the overall release.
Again I'm not trying to argue that the system in place is perfect or even that it is currently fair. I want it to be improved in order for everyone to have the best experience possible. The only point of yours that I am debating is that Nike did do something to stop bots, maybe not from entering but from winning pairs, and that is evidenced by analytics of the bots that generally eat on these releases.

Felt like I should announce this since it's such a switch from previous drops.

Of all the winners reported by Ghost (Since Nike died it was way less than normal)

54% of them were using US numbers
29% of them were using CN numbers
13% of them were using GB numbers

This is from the Ghost discord so its coming straight from the source. I can't find past statistics to compare them to but have seen them in the past and generally CN numbers are at the top of that list.

Going back to the SW release, I really liked how they gave access to certain accounts based on actual qualifying factors and hope they move towards that system in the future, maybe something like more SNKRS draws historically entered + account age + account interaction with the app and amount of time spent in the app = Better chance at winning a draw or LEO style release. But again I was never arguing that nike's system is perfect and crash resistant. Just that they did do something to combat bots that they didn't do in the past. I'm also not trying to downplay your complaints because they are 100% valid, you shouldnt have had any issues ordering something days after the release and nike needs to fix something if that truly was an issue with their servers being broken from saturdays release.

I'm trying not to be biased because of getting a pair on Saturday off of SNKRS.
No offense man, but you're not succeeding. The chaos worked to your benefit. Congrats.

I shouldn't have said Nike did nothing. They clearly did something, that something just logged the vast majority of their customers out of their accounts, wouldn't let them log back in, and still won't let many buy on snkrs today. But yay they did "something."

i have a pair of 700s so im not judging... just wondering why all of a sudden they doubled the price and they sold out... that doesnt happen often :lol:

i dont mean to sound like a broken record but, has anyone had any cancelled orders by snkrs (besides the UNC OW)? like, when specifically do they notify you that your order is cancelled?

i have a pair of 700s so im not judging... just wondering why all of a sudden they doubled the price and they sold out... that doesnt happen often :lol:
Honestly I didnt flinch at the price when I tried to buy. I'm just used to spending that much. Didnt been click with me that it had doubled until someone pointed it out. I'm old, a dad, and own OG monarchs. Dont judge me.

I'm trying not to be biased because of getting a pair on Saturday off of SNKRS. When I referred to the SW I meant that release day compared to this release day to try and show the fact that something happened because of the simple fact that there were more manual winners on the travis scotts than the SW with similar stock numbers. Not the overall release.
Again I'm not trying to argue that the system in place is perfect or even that it is currently fair. I want it to be improved in order for everyone to have the best experience possible. The only point of yours that I am debating is that Nike did do something to stop bots, maybe not from entering but from winning pairs, and that is evidenced by analytics of the bots that generally eat on these releases.

This is from the Ghost discord so its coming straight from the source. I can't find past statistics to compare them to but have seen them in the past and generally CN numbers are at the top of that list.

Going back to the SW release, I really liked how they gave access to certain accounts based on actual qualifying factors and hope they move towards that system in the future, maybe something like more SNKRS draws historically entered + account age + account interaction with the app and amount of time spent in the app = Better chance at winning a draw or LEO style release. But again I was never arguing that nike's system is perfect and crash resistant. Just that they did do something to combat bots that they didn't do in the past. I'm also not trying to downplay your complaints because they are 100% valid, you shouldnt have had any issues ordering something days after the release and nike needs to fix something if that truly was an issue with their servers being broken from saturdays release.
Do you have any meaningful analytics you could share? I don't care if the site crashes. If it helps persistent manual users who are willing to put in a little time and keeps bots out, then good!

Do you have any meaningful analytics you could share? I don't care if the site crashes. If it helps persistent manual users who are willing to put in a little time and keeps bots out, then good!
If you're talking about analytics in reference to who wins LEO and Draw releases then its random AFAIK
If you're talking analytics in terms of exclusive access no one really knows, some people speculate it has to do with account purchases and interaction with the app (liking shoes and hitting notify me on releases to show you're active). But like I said no one knows for sure.

Ok I should have said "What they did didn't help at all." Bots still ate and SNKRS is still broken. They may have made it hard for bots but they broke SNKRS for manual use in the process so in the end bots still ate a lot of the stock.

They could fix this all very easily. Do something similar to the foot apps system. Make it somewhere between $250-500 in the last 12 months that you must have spent on your account to be able to enter certain draws. Yes, some people would still have multiple accounts, just like they do on foot apps now. It'd just be a handful of accounts though. Nobody would have 5k accounts like they do now though.
I can't say for sure that bots didn't take some of the stock, but it is clear that a lot of manual users were able to grab a pair. I had a ton of errors trying to get the size I wanted at the beginning, but persistence paid off and I was able to have a chance at em and got em in the end. I know a ton of people on here got a pair and a few of my friends who hardly have any luck were able to grab pairs. Now IDK if that's attributed to the stock being higher than imagined, but I have to say that I like being able to get the shoes I want.

I can't say for sure that bots didn't take some of the stock, but it is clear that a lot of manual users were able to grab a pair. I had a ton of errors trying to get the size I wanted at the beginning, but persistence paid off and I was able to have a chance at em and got em in the end. I know a ton of people on here got a pair and a few of my friends who hardly have any luck were able to grab pairs. Now IDK if that's attributed to the stock being higher than imagined, but I have to say that I like being able to get the shoes I want.
Congrats on getting really lucky.

Back
Top Bottom