Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Nike QC is terrible too
Nike shoes have variation as well!

Don’t forget those lol

The biggest issue is that the people driving the discourse generally have no idea what they’re talking about or just leaned way too far into the fact that fakes actually end up being pretty decent shoes even by Nike standards. but here we are in 2022 and folks are still buying rep Travis Scott highs and drenching them in mink oil to darken the nubuck, brushing them for hours with a suede brushing them for hours, and using salon care to bleach the soles to try get those yellow a** soles a little less yellow :lol: But they somehow come from the same factories

The hard truth for everyone is that fakes have gotten good enough that most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference on foot. They’ve functionally replaced a lot of high dollar resell shoes that folks don’t want to drop the money on. But it’s not gonna take a microscope for for someone who knows their **** about shoes to be able to tell.

repsneakers in a nutshell

Nike QC is terrible too
Nike shoes have variation as well!

Don’t forget those lol

The biggest issue is that the people driving the discourse generally have no idea what they’re talking about or just leaned way too far into the fact that fakes actually end up being pretty decent shoes even by Nike standards. but here we are in 2022 and folks are still buying rep Travis Scott highs and drenching them in mink oil to darken the nubuck, brushing them for hours with a suede brushing them for hours, and using salon care to bleach the soles to try get those yellow a** soles a little less yellow :lol: But they somehow come from the same factories

The hard truth for everyone is that fakes have gotten good enough that most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference on foot. They’ve functionally replaced a lot of high dollar resell shoes that folks don’t want to drop the money on. But it’s not gonna take a microscope for for someone who knows their **** about shoes to be able to tell.

It's not the high dollar shoes that concern me. It's the fakes of shoes like the Panda dunks.

Those are the ones that are getting people and you can't convince me otherwise.

At least folks have moved on from saying “Unauthorized” 😒

There were definitely some YouTube reviewers who had fake pairs on their channel back in the day. I forgot what model it was (maybe an 11?), but the color/material on some panels they showed early on we’re different than what Nike ended up using as their release calendar image a week later. All those “early plugs” must not have gotten the memo 😂

It's not the high dollar shoes that concern me. It's the fakes of shoes like the Panda dunks.

Those are the ones that are getting people and you can't convince me otherwise.

I don’t doubt people are getting got. But honestly this is the market we’re in. Folks gotta adjust if they’re going to buy shoes via avenues with no added layer of security via authenticity checks. You’ve gotta be able to legit check yourself or buy from trustworthy sellers. All that said that doesn’t mean fake Nike dunk pandas don’t have any tells. I’m sure there i plenty of real Vs fake videos on YouTube pointing out the differences.

Because I have a friend in legit checking, I’ve had a lot of exposure to the whole real vs fake over the past 2 years. I don’t think I’ve come across a single Nike product that we’ve put up against a readily available fake where I thought “damn we’re f*cked, these fakes are too good”.

The only thing really captured my attention what was going on with the patent bred. I posted a snippet of the convo I had with my friend in the legit check business back in December in the parent bred thread but I’ll share it here too. The only thing is that these breds, the ones we’re pretty sure are the center of this StockX/Nike beef aren’t normal fakes, nor can you get them the way 99% of people buy fakes. So it doesn’t apply to the majority of shoes.
7E153850-7721-4F00-ADB0-60E434DDD0CC.jpeg

Uhhhh…. Ok
I’m not saying anything controversial here. Take a look at every real Vs fake comparison for either the Travis low fragment or the OG Travis highs. Every single one of them will show the sole being darker and more yellow on the fake pair than on the authentic pair. That doesn’t happen if fakes are coming from the same place as the real pair.

So basically what you're saying is that 1:1 reps exist, but they're basically impossible to get a hold of unless you have that type of plug?

They’re not 1:1 though. Back when they hit the market they were able to be identified by the footbed and insole. It just took more time for some services to internalize this info than others. But StockX more than likely doesn’t have the same kind of LC intensity for lower value shoes.
DDB6C619-1D56-4A04-83A8-9D3B15CA38E8.jpeg

They’re not 1:1 though. Back when they hit the market they were able to be identified by the footbed and insole. It just took more time for some services to internalize this info than others. But StockX more than likely doesn’t have the same kind of LC intensity for lower value shoes.
DDB6C619-1D56-4A04-83A8-9D3B15CA38E8.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Stockx have the most "qualified" authenticators in the high dollar items TS, OW, etc and other people on the smaller ticket items like GR dunks and Jordan retro's?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Stockx have the most "qualified" authenticators in the high dollar items TS, OW, etc and other people on the smaller ticket items like GR dunks and Jordan retro's?

According to the people that I know in the legit checking business, they rank both eBay and GOAT above Stockx when it comes to authentication services for sneakers 🤷🏿‍♂️ but from my own personal experience I’ve never been burned by any service.

anybody's og travis lows getting glitter on the nubuck? Took them out of the box to wear after not wearing it for 2 months and noticed the same glitter issue that’s common with my recent release breds and royals. But this is odd since it’s not leather. Either way, dusted them off and wore them anyway.

4C30476D-E468-49D2-B526-EEB3A7E4F56B.jpeg
DB6953E5-5267-4E0A-B7F2-032274208656.jpeg

My mocha lows starting to show glitter ONLY on the medial side black panels. NOT the lateral side or toe box tho. Not sure if it comes across in pics, but anyone else seeing this on their pair?
🤔

20220516_114309.jpg
20220516_115429.jpg

Looks like some others have had it too. Same spot.

What they are doing is taking apart a Retail pair and measuring all protions, and trying to replicate it. They couldn’t possibly be doing it in actual retail contracted factories with retail materials because they would be identical in all aspects. Fake is fake, not UA, not variant, not sample, not early pair. These companies use those terms to trick people. They can’t even get colors accurate when it’s not simple black and white.

2388533C-3F95-4C58-92E9-E14A9A688357.jpeg

Like someone else said some pages back…. These are the two best Travis 1s so far. That being said, I’m definitely going for those reverse Mocha Lows. Colorway looks impressive.

OG Mochas have always been Meh to me. Had several chances to score a pair to complete the set when they were much less. It’s a Huge Hell No at the current price point tho…. 🤣

What’s crazy to me is that people literally buy multiple versions of the same fake shoe bc they think a new batch looks more “legit”. They all fake bruh :lol:

The problem is that they buy from the same person instead of biding their time with research. They don't have the patience for "godkiller" batches.

The fakes are so good now that if you didn't buy through Nike or on release day from a retailer, you are playing a very dangerous game. People have paid hundreds if not close to a thousand or more on counterfeits that got through the verification.

The problem is that they buy from the same person instead of biding their time with research. They don't have the patience for "godkiller" batches.

The fakes are so good now that if you didn't buy through Nike or on release day from a retailer, you are playing a very dangerous game. People have paid hundreds if not close to a thousand or more on counterfeits that got through the verification.

You’re even giving way too much credit to the “God killer” batches. You’ve got folks that spend $140 on the highest tiers trav highs you can get and still have the sun bleach the soles to get them lighter and cover nubuck in mink oil to make it darker lol.

When people say reps are 1:1 they mean they’re 1:1 if you’re wearing them, minding your own business, the shoes don’t look out of place on you,and relying on the fact that most people don’t care about shoes and most of the ones that do have no idea how to tell them apart. That’s a pretty big cover. But not so big that’s it’s gonna threaten to the state of the whole market.

You’re even giving way too much credit to the “God killer” batches. You’ve got folks that spend $140 on the highest tiers trav highs you can get and still have the sun bleach the soles to get them lighter and cover nubuck in mink oil to make it darker lol.

When people say reps are 1:1 they mean they’re 1:1 if you’re wearing them, minding your own business, the shoes don’t look out of place on you,and relying on the fact that most people don’t care about shoes and most of the ones that do have no idea how to tell them apart. That’s a pretty big cover. But not so big that’s it’s gonna threaten to the state of the whole market.

I'd say as it stands, the current market is threatened. StockX and eBay along with the various consignment shops, can't tell the difference. If you can't provide consumer confidence, the market has no ground to stand on.

StockX and eBay along with the various consignment shops, can't tell the difference.

As someone who with friends that work on the tech side of legit checking is out my faith on eBay and GOAT and even stock x before trusting any random consignment shop lol shoes being good enough to fool people and random popup consignment shops not being good enough to legit check are objectively 2 different things. If folks get fooled by the reps on the right even though the sole and swooshes are different colors than the authentic pair on the left, that says more about the person legit checking the shoes and less about the shoes themselves. The pair on the right is being sold as “god killer” by plenty of sellers too
F05FA85F-3618-465F-A670-7CF0F4D4DA11.jpeg

As someone who with friends that work on the tech side of legit checking is out my faith on eBay and GOAT and even stock x before trusting any random consignment shop lol shoes being good enough to fool people and random popup consignment shops not being good enough to legit check are objectively 2 different things. If folks get fooled by the reps on the right even though the sole and swooshes are different colors than the authentic pair on the left, that says more about the person legit checking the shoes and less about the shoes themselves. The pair on the right is being sold as “god killer” by plenty of sellers too
F05FA85F-3618-465F-A670-7CF0F4D4DA11.jpeg

The people legit checking shoes are likely there on minimum wage. They're not making a career out of this. You're playing a dangerous game copping after the release date. I'd like to see people get hit with fraud for selling fakes online.

The people legit checking shoes are likely there on minimum wage. They're not making a career out of this. You're playing a dangerous game copping after the release date. I'd like to see people get hit with fraud for selling fakes online.

I don’t disagree, But it sounds like you’re more so worried about the authentication services rather than the fakes being so good they’ll fool people. And that’s a legit concern. But that’s honestly why I learned so much to begin with. To protect myself. And while I have confidence in most services I have even more confidence in being able to legit check it myself after the fact and issue a chargeback if I have to lol

Most reps don’t get better than those frags when put right up against authentic pairs. As far as legit checking goes, that’s a good thing

Back
Top Bottom