Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Going up half a size to save $80 when you’re already spending 1k...... doesn’t make sense.
I see what you're saying. But on the other hand, as frustrated as I was by the messed up order with goat, saving $80 sounded good at the time

I mean goat didn't really mess up the order. It was the seller who sent a bad pair which you should consider yourself lucky that Goat didn't say its a good one and send it to you.
He didn't send a bad pair. He didn't send anything at all, he backed out as prices were continuing to climb. It would've been a different story if that had happened

Got a receipt with my pair from SNKRS for what it’s worth. This thread definitely spreading the “stockx sells fakes” propaganda. No other shoe was worthy of producing fakes but these I guess. I’ll save the stockX bashing until I get my pair Thursday and compare.

so how did Goat mess up your order?
As a "customer" I felt they either needed to find me another pair at that price or simply refund me right then and there. They wanted me to wait it out 48 hours before a refund to give them time to find me another pair. Of course they didn't, and I pulled the trigger in that window to cut my loss. Of course had I known prices would dip a couple days later I would've waited. I'm honestly exhausted by this whole fiasco.

You were willing to pay resell at a certain price. Once you decided to pay resell again before your refund, you should have been comfortable paying that much no matter what happened to prices afterwards. And if you really wanna get hung up on "overpaying" vs today's prices, just wait until they inevitably go back up and then you can feel good that what you paid is less than what the market value is again.

Otherwise, own your purchasing decisions. You had knee jerk reactions twice and now you got 2 pairs coming and now looking at a 3rd. Seems like you're doing OK if you're making $1K purchases consecutively. But I never try to look at market prices of shoes I've paid resell for until I'm ready to sell them and gauge a fair used price.

but thats the whole thing with paying resale tho, you don't really know if what you're paying now will be a good deal in a few days or if its a bad deal. The way the prices were trending up, you gotta admit even you thought that you should pull the trigger as soon as possible (hence why you bidded immediately on stockx after goat was still pending). The seller not honoring the sale is the one to blame and not Goat's fault. They don't assume that every seller or know which seller is gonna flake and they're not gonna have a hundred pairs of TS ready to take a loss so they can cover the difference for you. Yeah it sucks but it happens.

You were willing to pay resell at a certain price. Once you decided to pay resell again before your refund, you should have been comfortable paying that much no matter what happened to prices afterwards. And if you really wanna get hung up on "overpaying" vs today's prices, just wait until they inevitably go back up and then you can feel good that what you paid is less than what the market value is again.

Otherwise, own your purchasing decisions. You had knee jerk reactions twice and now you got 2 pairs coming and now looking at a 3rd. Seems like you're doing OK if you're making $1K purchases consecutively. But I never try to look at market prices of shoes I've paid resell for until I'm ready to sell them and gauge a fair used price.

Valid points. However there is something to be said about the principle. I can't change my mind as a buyer after I made a purchase. The buyer is gonna get his money and my money isn't coming back to me. The seller shouldn't have have an advantage like that - just be able to back out and have the customer told "sorry it didn't work out, better luck next time." I'll be over it soon enough, but this will be the last time I play this game on a hyped release anywhere near this magnitude

Goat is not to blame, so be angry all you want. You gonna avoid eBay and PayPal too? same **** on there and guess what, the buyer doesn't even have to refund you and can basically make you wait and force you to open a claim with ebay or PayPal and wait several weeks for a refund. Used to happen all the time with scumbags

Valid points. However there is something to be said about the principle. I can't change my mind as a buyer after I made a purchase. The buyer is gonna get his money and my money isn't coming back to me. The seller shouldn't have have an advantage like that - just be able to back out and have the customer told "sorry it didn't work out, better luck next time." I'll be over it soon enough, but this will be the last time I play this game on a hyped release anywhere near this magnitude

GOAT should have found you a pair. Once you buy from them you can't back out. Well, they need to keep the end of their deal too. They make a lot of money. If not find you a pair, refund you right away.

How do people get upset with companies when it’s the seller that didn’t follow through ? The company doesn’t NEED to find you another pair. They Should use the penalty amount to buy you another pair at a but higher of a price, which it doesn’t seem like they do, but that’s it. Glad I never have to pay resell. Smdh. Idk how people do it.

I mean I get it. I got jerked around by StockX for 3 purchase attempts on Mars Yards. If they collected the 15% penalty each time, they could have made up the difference in the lowest ask and my highest bid that got accepted, but they didn't. I don't believe they even collect the 15% based on having had to bail out of a few sales myself.

But still, if StockX does collect on those 15% seller penalties, it's like free money for them and they have no incentive to actually prevent sellers backing out because it would generate additional revenue for them.

StockX came thru for once! Seller never shipped my pair after prices went up and they found me a replacement at no extra cost. Thank goodness cause I was ready to drop an extra $200 to buy my size again. I’ve had issues several times and usually they just cancel my order. I wonder what their reasoning is behind choosing to cancel vs finding a replacement.

They don't need to, but then they should've refunded the guy right away.

but the thing is goat probably responded saying "We'll attempt to locate you another pair within 48 hours" which is what they tried to do, YOU have the option to respond back saying nah don't bother, I'm tired of having my time wasted. But the OP thought (at the time) that the price he paid was a good price so he hoped that Goat would find a replacement pair. He got impatient and placed two bids for two different sizes on stockx while waiting for Goat. Goat couldn't find a "replacement pair" but how long did it take Goat to refund him after that 48 hour replacement locating window? Now that the prices are dipping back down according to the OP, he's probably more mad that BOTH his higher bids on stockx was accepted (his fault for leaving 2 bids up). I'm sure he only wanted the 1 pair from the beginning.

but the thing is goat probably responded saying "We'll attempt to locate you another pair within 48 hours" which is what they tried to do, YOU have the option to respond back saying nah don't bother, I'm tired of having my time wasted. But the OP thought (at the time) that the price he paid was a good price so he hoped that Goat would find a replacement pair. He got impatient and placed two bids for two different sizes on stockx while waiting for Goat. How long did it take Goat to refund him after that 48 hour replacement locating window? Now that the prices are dipping back down according to the OP, he's more mad that BOTH his higher bids on stockx was accepted (his fault for leaving 2 bids up).

I see. I personally would've stayed patient. Well, it is what it is. Thanks for explaining. 8)

Back
Top Bottom