Official Trinidad James Thread

Sorry to say, but half y'all don't know what ya talkin abt. I don't really know bruh story personally but I do know his manager and I know how long I been watchin him and his team grind. Ain't no label pushin sh*t behind anything, it's just hard work. Them boys NETWORK, that's what y'all don't get. You sit on twitter and say he got a push blah blah, you sound bitter. Networking is not the same thing as being put on because in order to be "put on" you still have to show you're worthy of it. The way the 'industry' is no body is just going to say  this my homeboy, I haven't seen him do sh*t worthy of doing, but he my boy put him on.

How bout y'all "artist" *****in and moaning on the internet, get off your ***, off your iPad and instead of running to nike.com every time some Jordans come out, go work and save ya money and INVEST IN YOURSELF!  

He isn't talented my ***, he's real. Period. When he say this song for you f*ck n*ggas he talkin bout half these haters in this thread and on tumblr or twitter whatever y'all FOLLOWING him on.. Smh.. GROW UP OR DIE!

okay. you're right. none of us know him personally.
if him and his crew really were able to network and grind in 10 months to get to this point i applaud their grind.
BUT because i do network (yes..outside of the internet), perform, promote it seems very unlikely that all of this was done in 10 months, so i feel like it's inorganic.
So like I said if you really do know dude's manager and they really were able to grind THIS hard within the 10 months he's been making music, then i honestly can say they are the model hustlers and i take my hat off to them. no sarcasm. dead srs.
*shrugs*

Meh. my ***** get hot so I can be the first to congratulate you on simultaneously gossiping bout another ***** buzz and getting on yourself :wink:

Your statement had nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Are you Trinidad James? Do you work with/for the guy?

Because you seem to be taking this awfully personal.

You also seem to be singling out on person. I'm an attention *****, so please give me attention and respond to MY talking points.

Because you aren't biased. Sound like the typical ATL groupie.
lmao.. that's your rebuttal? I'll sound like whatever but i'm being honest so how that comes off, depends on the perspective. Didn't seem "groupie" anything to me. ANyway have a good day. 

okay. you're right. none of us know him personally.
if him and his crew really were able to network and grind in 10 months to get to this point i applaud their grind.
BUT because i do network (yes..outside of the internet), perform, promote it seems very unlikely that all of this was done in 10 months, so i feel like it's inorganic.
So like I said if you really do know dude's manager and they really were able to grind THIS hard within the 10 months he's been making music, then i honestly can say they are the model hustlers and i take my hat off to them. no sarcasm. dead srs.
*shrugs*
Bruh, flykix is nothing but networking man. Peters street, underground all that is networking. You never know who you will see over there but it is what it is. His story aint your story and my story aint yours so whats your point? However you spill it, y'all come off bitter cuz he on and y'all aint. We all alive tho but y'all forget that part. How he got on is how HE got on, if its so easy WHY Y'ALL AINT DOING IT? Like I said, salty. 

You still gotta wake up and do you tomorrow so why not either like his music or not like it, why discuss how he got on and try to downplay that man? That ain't how God made it to be. Congratulate even if you don't like it because regardless he is going to do his thing and even if he isn't "hood" or "ghetto". 

And I'm not singling you out or nothin but sh*t, let people like what they like. IF you dont like it, dont listen to it, stop opening threads that say "THE OFFICIAL TRINIDAD JAMES THREAD". Y'all are making a choice to be a hater. 

Bruh, flykix is nothing but networking man. Peters street, underground all that is networking. You never know who you will see over there but it is what it is. His story aint your story and my story aint yours so whats your point? However you spill it, y'all come off bitter cuz he on and y'all aint. We all alive tho but y'all forget that part. How he got on is how HE got on, if its so easy WHY Y'ALL AINT DOING IT? Like I said, salty. 

You still gotta wake up and do you tomorrow so why not either like his music or not like it, why discuss how he got on and try to downplay that man? That ain't how God made it to be. Congratulate even if you don't like it because regardless he is going to do his thing and even if he isn't "hood" or "ghetto". 

And I'm not singling you out or nothin but sh*t, let people like what they like. IF you dont like it, dont listen to it, stop opening threads that say "THE OFFICIAL TRINIDAD JAMES THREAD". Y'all are making a choice to be a hater. 
-__________-
how many times must i say i like dude's music?
i didn't say anything about dudes rise until it was brought up......so i discussed it.
also, idc what any of you say, as an artist i always pay attention to new artist's and their moves...i study it. i try to learn whatever i can from it.
i'm nobody, i study everybody who is somebody.
i've been doing it ever since i've been interested in music...i looked at Keef's rise, Kendricks, Rocky's, etc. and now it's James...who I've actually talked to
before about collabing when i first heard the tape because i love his vibe. so when i do make it...it won't be while simultaneously "gossiping" it will be because
i study successful people's moves.
if you and CJ think i'm bitter or a hater because of i can't do anything to sway y'all opinion. and that's all i have to say about that.

Wait....that's a real thing?

He really is Big Gipp's nephew?

A lot of layers to this young man, Mr. James.

Truthfully it explains his choice in pants, though.

Last edited:
Nobody's having this conversation in the Chief Keef thread.
Nobody's having this conversation in the Kendrick Lamar thread.
Nobody's having this conversation in the 2 Chains tread.
But this is the dominant conversation in the Trinidad James thread.
There's gotta be some reason why, right?
i
Kendrick built a buzz and was rapping and doing shows heavy ,keef was buzzing in his city,2 chainz has been around a decade and had a hit a while back and is dtp .Trinidad isnt like that I know djs in atl who ain't talking bout him til now ,Greg street and mars don't mention him in convos ,Nt in Atlanta don't talk about him nobody from atl was talking bout him and his tape was out for about 4 months.

Last edited:
if you and CJ think i'm bitter or a hater because of i can't do anything to sway y'all opinion. and that's all i have to say about that.
Read my post, I said i'm not singling you out. I apologize if it came off that way it was more of a response to the thread. No disrespect at all. 
I edited what I really said. You come like a cock sucker because you know his team.

You keep talking about his story. What story? Dude been exposed as a fraud and is a gimmick. You're telling me being the nephew of a Dungeon Family member, a legend in the region, isn't going to open doors for you just because? You're stupider than I thought. That's not networking. That's nepotism.
I just said I don't know his story personally, just like I don't know your story but that doesn't make you a fraud or a gimmick because I don't know.  Anyway have a good day.

Read my post, I said i'm not singling you out. I apologize if it came off that way it was more of a response to the thread. No disrespect at all. 

I just said I don't know his story personally, just like I don't know your story but that doesn't make you a fraud or a gimmick because I don't know.  Anyway have a good day.
it's cool.
i was really directing it towards CJ because i feel like studying artist's rise is necessary if you want to do
music. it's homework. so just because i feel that ONE artist's rise isn't organic (even though i like his music and
reached out to him) i'm somehow a hater and bitter and gossiping now. his logic just irks me. but i can respect where you're coming from.

Son started rapping and got on MTV faster than most ppl get jobs :lol:

:lol:

He's performing here in NYC this week, it's gonna be a hypebeast's wet dream. I've seen this story before, he's probably signed on the low and they're pushing him as an indie artist. That's like standard practice now.

I'd hate to be an artist with an actual message and talent when guys like this get shine.

The Lil B effect is a mu--------

Last edited:
I feel like i've been making some really obvious points....

That haven't been addressed AT ALL.....

yet ya'll want to talk to the person ya'll were attacking since they don't want to argue......

just seems very selective.....

and by selective i mean fishy....

and by fishy i mean weak......

How does this make you guys feel? :lol:

Last edited:
He's being pushed by the same dude that gave you Racks on Racks, YC, Future & Myko Montana.

Im pretty sure he's not signed cause a few different labels have been courting him the last couple of weeks.

Thing is he might have picked the wrong time to start buzzin cause the industry is shut down for 4th quarter and he's not the type of artist to get the big wigs to open up the bank for a deal.

Its not hard to get buzzin in the A we've seen this **** before from ya YCs to ya Scooters to ya Montanas to ya Tex James to whoever else was hot last year that nobody remembers

If you get hooked up with the right promotion company you can be everywhere but dont mean you going anywhere. No hate on dude. Its just getting old especially if you see it over and over. Its ****** up everybody money when u get these artists with no real fanbase and then dont sell no records how much you think the next one gone get. They already trying to kick the genre out.

I like the song its cool **** but ****** aint puttin in no work skippin the line cause of who they know. And of course yall gone eat it up if they present it right.

I feel like i've been making some really obvious points....
That haven't been addressed AT ALL.....
yet ya'll want to talk to the person ya'll were attacking since they don't want to argue......
just seems very selective.....
and by selective i mean fishy....
and by fishy i mean weak......
:lol: that's just how NT is.
***** wanna try his hardest to make me the hater/bitter when i made the damn thread. :smh:
and i feel some of your points are valid.

How does this make you guys feel?
laugh.gif
nothing is sacred anymore, da industry is one big circle jerk. i already have that issue..they had

40oz-Givenchy-Inspired-Stars-Snapback-.jpg

in da style section that mouth....yea..these.

brottomline is things get orchestrated, its not unlike da political process between da 2 parties in da USA..da problem is unlike politics, people

are INVESTED in this hiphop culture so things that can be done as far as pulling da rug over our eyes in da political arena can't be run in music

cuz people are MORE sensitive to it, and they know when things are a ground swell support or if things are being pushed by a interest group with

a agenda.

if this guy was REALLY buzzing, SOME OF you NTers would've already had his name ringing out here. this manufactured hype is TOO obvious.

"all gold" isn't even a month old and this cat had a unsigned hyped in da can? yea....  i smell a rat.

Last edited:
cee lo must have some money invested in this guy too..soooo forced, i dont know anyone in person that even knows who this guy is but on here i see that popped a molly nonsense every other post, i had heard about this guy from HERE...and i should've known better to check out something from people that think lil reese is great..
mean.gif

IMO there's nothing wrong with manufactured hype, maybe not in this scenario, because Trinidad ain't exactly lyrically gifted . . . but imagine if Big KRIT or Cole or Wiz had this machine behind them, where they could have dropped 1 mixtape and then got the big push, got signed, and put out an album. Because I feel like if dudes like KRIT or Cole or Wiz or artists in general didn't have to put out 3 or 4 mixtapes before an album to get noticed, and got to keep all their dope **** for their debut . . . we would have alot more classic albums.

Cause KRIT, Cole, and Wiz's debuts compared to their mixtapes
mean.gif
. I heard Friday Night Lights was supposed to be Cole's debut but the label felt like he didn't have that single.

I'm all for the manufactured hype. Hell, it's your fault that it's working if it takes Tumblr reblogs, co-signs, and MTV Jams plays for you to decide your opinion on a dude.

There's definitely someone looking out for him though. What dude has ONE hot song and gets to go on tour with MMG, perfoming in every city in the midst of their set. Even MGK has to open for them. This dude Trinidad comes out in the midst of Ross' set
laugh.gif

Nobody is hating on the person.  The dude is just taking whats given and I don't blame him.

But what I don't like and many in this thread is the blatant lie to the public that this dude is real "overnight success" when he's clearly not.  I don't care if the song is wack or hot.  I don't care if the dude is Big Gipps nephew or JayZ cousin or was homeless and got discovered on youtube.  Just tell me the truth.  Don't lie to us.  Don't pretend what he did is possible and have these kids thinking they can do the same when they can't. 

All this does is open the door for more average talent dudes that have a connect to enter the game and we don't need that.  Music game is already terrible

Exactly.

Its not just Niketalk where people are critical of him. Go to any rap blog on the Internet or check Twitter, and you'll see people connecting the dots because its so in your face. The people are tired of the ******** being forced down their throats and enough is enough. Everyone's buzz on NT has been gauged and analyzed so what are you talking about?

All Gold Everything isn't even popping like that. Personally, it doesn't even sound like a song to get the place jumping, but that's just me. I don't know how things are in the South where y'all will shuck and jive to anything with a beat. As it was already pointed out a few posts above, this sounds like a leftover Lil B track. Trinidad James owes his entire existence to Lil B whether y'all like it or not.

end thread.

Back
Top Bottom