Official Trinidad James Thread

"Nobody is hating on the person.  The dude is just taking whats given and I don't blame him.

But what I don't like and many in this thread is the blatant lie to the public that this dude is real "overnight success" when he's clearly not.  I don't care if the song is wack or hot.  I don't care if the dude is Big Gipps nephew or JayZ cousin or was homeless and got discovered on youtube.  Just tell me the truth.  Don't lie to us.  Don't pretend what he did is possible and have these kids thinking they can do the same when they can't. 

All this does is open the door for more average talent dudes that have a connect to enter the game and we don't need that.  Music game is already terrible"

QFT

"Nobody is hating on the person.  The dude is just taking whats given and I don't blame him.

But what I don't like and many in this thread is the blatant lie to the public that this dude is real "overnight success" when he's clearly not.  I don't care if the song is wack or hot.  I don't care if the dude is Big Gipps nephew or JayZ cousin or was homeless and got discovered on youtube.  Just tell me the truth.  Don't lie to us.  Don't pretend what he did is possible and have these kids thinking they can do the same when they can't. 

All this does is open the door for more average talent dudes that have a connect to enter the game and we don't need that.  Music game is already terrible"
QFT

This has always been the approach with music.

The digital age simply makes it more accessible to an artists timeline of growth and connectivity.

At the end of the day in 2013, being an artist is about being a brand as well and his approach and execution worked.

At the end of the day, the "average talent dudes" are what's entertaining people. People love to grasp the reality aspect of things in a whole.

Labels and blogs have watered down our expectations of artists. With that being said, if an artist can't continue to crank out quality music and entertaining visuals with consistency then what's their timeline in today's game?

People have to realize that artists will only grow as big as their network and pockets allow them. I know millions of dollars of talent with hundreds of dollars for a budget.

Take a quality production (Young L), great visual (Motion Family), publicist, and a so/so sense of fashion, and you'd be surprised how far it would take you if you have hustle.

Grind and hustle mean a lot, from previous postings, a lot are answering your own question with networking and relationships, is that' what growth and development is all about?

What's the point of going to college and padding your resume' when you can find the right route in to the field of your choice with a good cover letter?

Exactly what James did, just because someone isn't a talented artist doesn't mean they aren't an excellent communicator and great businessman with a decent hustle.

Sad to say but hustlers have always had the ability to sneak in to rap via the back door, Master P was the prime example, don't let that hustle blind you.

What I'm tryna figure out is...

Why do you guys feel so strongly that his fast come-up isn't real?

Becuse really in the music game today, all it takes is a hit & an image. Yes, many guys that have had a big hit aren't getting as much praise as him, but I don't think you guys are taking their image into consideration. Most of them didn't have an image that set them apart. Honestly, I hate Trinidad's image, but there are a lot of "hipsters" out here that love it. I know many people who are unheard of that make better music than him, but they lack what he has in other areas. And that's image, a strong network, & charisma.

He just had everything fall in place for him at the right time. He had been killing local shows in Atlanta & really after Indie Fest here in the city is when he really started to rise. He perfermed GREAT & the bloggers took notice. The internet can put anyone on the map dawg. When you have a banger & stand out like this cat, people will notice regardless of how "great" your music is. And to be honest, his tape is okay. I bump it & I know a lot of people that do. Saying this isn't possible just sounds like hate. Yes, it is VERY uncommon that it happens this easy, but the man had things fall in place for him & took advantage. Networking did this & it's not a gimmick. This is really him believe it or not lol. That's all.

Becuse really in the music game today, all it takes is a hit & an image. Yes, many guys that have had a big hit aren't getting as much praise as him, but I don't think you guys are taking their image into consideration. Most of them didn't have an image that set them apart. Honestly, I hate Trinidad's image, but there are a lot of "hipsters" out here that love it. I know many people who are unheard of that make better music than him, but they lack what he has in other areas. And that's image, a strong network, & charisma.

He just had everything fall in place for him at the right time. He had been killing local shows in Atlanta & really after Indie Fest here in the city is when he really started to rise. He perfermed GREAT & the bloggers took notice. The internet can put anyone on the map dawg. When you have a banger & stand out like this cat, people will notice regardless of how "great" your music is. And to be honest, his tape is okay. I bump it & I know a lot of people that do. Saying this isn't possible just sounds like hate. Yes, it is VERY uncommon that it happens this easy, but the man had things fall in place for him & took advantage. Networking did this & it's not a gimmick. This is really him believe it or not lol. That's all.

People keep glancing over the keyword networking and the power it is.

If you think somebody can go from unknown to magazine print and videos on MTV then your living in la-la land.  Networking works but not like that homie. 

Networking is when you climb and meet new people and you see a gradual rise for the artist.

Son is on the fast track...wouldnt be surprised if he was performing on Jimmy Kimmel soon or something.  He was placed in this lane

alright. i get you.
like i've stated...i don't know his story.
to answer your question though, people think
his come up isn't real because he claims to have been rapping 10 months and dropped his first tape in July.
that's not uncommon...that's unheard of. literally has never happened.
you don't have to reiterate everything you just said...i get it.
but that's why it seems unreal to many people.
even A$AP Rocky linked up with A$AP who was popular around New York and had to build a buzz.
Drake...Room for Improvement came out in 06...So Far Gone came out in 09.
can you blame people for noticing the incredibly rapid ascension?
and me personally, i'm not mad about it. i just notice it.

Key and Peele type comedy man this can't be real life
laugh.gif

Seen buddy around the city a couple times, he's seems like a cool dude imo

I think people are looking too deep into his physical appearance

I definately wouldnt be surprised if he only did his current look & style for folks to "talk about" him and he just completely switches his whole flow up.

lol why yall surprised?? all it takes is one wshh video these days.. cmon man yall know how the internet ****** the game up.

This dude is Jeffrey off Fresh Prince when he took the cab during the marathon.  I'm not buying it

Anyone going to the NYC show tomorrow? I live around the corner from Santos, so I'm thinking of rolling through just to check it out.

I like the tape.
But if dude was really buzzing like that I feel like an ATL Nter would have put us on months ago.

I learned about him not too long ago. Dude really came out of no where.

heres my opinion......

this is why living in ATL is >>> than any city for Hip Hop....

its relatively EASY to catch a buzz for something hot.....with the internet age, it makes it even easier...

James tape has been out since late summer......BUT, BUT people were asking me to chop it up way back then......so people were listening....folks like Nique even brought it to my attention and i told him that half the tape already been done...so i dont know if i can speak for the regular music consumer, but the tape was already making rounds when it was ONLY on his bandcamp page.....which is pretty impressive IMO...as soon as he got the visual, and already had the tape to back him up it was a done deal....

yall should stop trippin on how he got put on...its prob a combination of both...

i dont know, im not saying im an expert of whats buzzing or not, but i can kinda tell if the streets are kind of talking about an artist based on people who request stuff to be chopped...take it for what its worth...

heres my opinion......
this is why living in ATL is >>> than any city for Hip Hop....
its relatively EASY to catch a buzz for something hot.....with the internet age, it makes it even easier...
James tape has been out since late summer......BUT, BUT people were asking me to chop it up way back then......so people were listening....folks like Nique even brought it to my attention and i told him that half the tape already been done...so i dont know if i can speak for the regular music consumer, but the tape was already making rounds when it was ONLY on his bandcamp page.....which is pretty impressive IMO...as soon as he got the visual, and already had the tape to back him up it was a done deal....
yall should stop trippin on how he got put on...its prob a combination of both...
i dont know, im not saying im an expert of whats buzzing or not, but i can kinda tell if the streets are kind of talking about an artist based on people who request stuff to be chopped...take it for what its worth...

wait, i did what?!
i'm hating on James though.
:lol: okay i'm done, but seriously though y'all saying Atlanta being easy to get a buzz make the best point.
what struck me as odd was the whole 10 months thing. that time span is just :wow: that's all i've been saying
but like y'all said...him being in Atlanta is a key ingredient. everybody knows that getting on down there is to some
degree easier than your average city like Slim K said.

:lol:

C'mon yo. I like some of his songs, but dawg even his bigges-​

Dawg, c'mon. :lol:

okay...whoa.

Edit: his other tweets say Trinidad did "All Gold Everything" twice, brought out ASAP, and the place was goin ape ****

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom