Official UEFA Champions League Final: Manchester United vs Chelsea May 21st 2:30PM EST ESPN 2

It's finally here! An all England final for the first time in history... Let's Go UNITED!!!

a mammoth! ManU baby!

That Scholes strike yesterday was brilliant. Didn't know the old man still had that in him
laugh.gif

this is gonna be a good one. i'm happy the blues finally made it past liverpool, i was starting to feel bad for them and their supporters.
now here's to hoping they can take care of the red devils in moscow.

but with the final in Moscow, its sorta give Chelski the home-field-advantage...
frown.gif

Pumped for the game wednesday, Im predicting United 2-1, Ronaldo and Tevez netting, Drogba getting one back

This game will probably end up being quite boring, as the teams will cancel each other out. 1-0 ManU in extra time or either team in penalties.

rooneh should be ok... I felt that they should wrapped him up in foam and put him in a safe instead of playing him for 90mins at Wigan... but who am I to arguewith Sir...

Eff chelsea. I hate the team.

My man Ronaldo is gunna have a legendary final match for man u before heading to Real Madrid.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

DidierGoalR_468x287.jpg

Didier Drogba FTW

Waiting for someone to say it.
pimp.gif

Lets get it. I can actually watch the game. Haven't in a while.

2-1 Chelsea

I just can't see Chelsea losing this game. They are superior in class, depth, and in leadership. United backpeddled into the prem title and played much more reserved from their usual attacking style in the later rounds of the CL. Chelsea have had their eye on Europeansupremacy for many years now and I can't see them squandering this opportunity. I can't see JT and Lamps letting the team lose in thefinal. Ballack alone is capable of ripping the heart out of a team, and he is in top form right now. There's just too much class in every third of the pitch for Chelsea. It's going to be really scary come Wed. night in Moscow if you're wearing a godforsaken red or white jersey.

Chelsea 1-0

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

I just can't see Chelsea losing this game. They are superior in class, depth, and in leadership. United backpeddled into the prem title and played much more reserved from their usual attacking style in the later rounds of the CL. Chelsea have had their eye on European supremacy for many years now and I can't see them squandering this opportunity. I can't see JT and Lamps letting the team lose in the final. Ballack alone is capable of ripping the heart out of a team, and he is in top form right now. There's just too much class in every third of the pitch for Chelsea. It's going to be really scary come Wed. night in Moscow if you're wearing a godforsaken red or white jersey.

Chelsea 1-0

indifferent.gif

You lost all credibility when you said Lampard wont allowhis team to lose. We all know in big games Lampard takes the lead role as...

invisibleman.jpg

Splendid...
smh.gif

[h2]FINALISTS FACING `DANGEROUS` PITCH[/h2]
Posted 19/05/08 23:11

Chelsea and Manchester United have been warned that the Luzhniki Stadium pitch is dangerous and not fit to host the final of the Champions League.

Groundsmen are working around the clock to improve the playing surface, which was slammed by former Liverpool midfielder Steve McMahon.

The pitch has several bare patches and is very bumpy. Blocks of frozen grass shipped in from Slovakia have not bedded down as hoped and the state of the surface is giving real cause for concern.

Wednesday's match between Manchester United and Chelsea is at the same stadium where England played their Euro 2008 qualifier against Russia on an artificial pitch last year.

English head groundsman Matthew Frost said: "It is not like one of the better Premier League pitches, far from it.

"Unfortunately, things didn't work out. The ball may not travel perfectly like it would on a pitch that has been in situ for some time. There might be a bit of a bobble."

But McMahon was more scathing in his assessment of the pitch, claiming it would be "dangerous" for the players.

"It is awful and embarrassing," he said. "There are undulations and, to be frank, it is very dangerous for the players if it stays the way it is. The players won't be happy."

Back
Top Bottom