OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

i'm happy to see spain come out swinging today. they always have great individual talent and real good coaching, but as a team they've tended to bejust slightly above average in international/european team competition

hopefully they can use today's win to give them enough confidence to match up against some of the more favored teams (if it comes to that).

this saturday's game should be fun to watch.

Benzema is a much better option over 90 minutes. Personally I think Henry is nothing like he used to be anymore, and while he would help, wouldn't be as effective as he once was.
Benzema is good,but he's far from being the finished article...
and it doesn't help that they expect way too much from him...
France clearly struggled without Henry upfront...

maybe it's a little too early,but Domenech might've wished he had Cisse and Trezeguet in the squad...
personally,i'd pick them over Gomis and Govou anytime...

anyway,Spain was insane today...
there was way too much pace for the Russians to handle...
but does anyone else think Cesc's goal should've been called for offside?

Cesc's goal was definitely offsides but the refs just wanted to go home
laugh.gif

Spain are always fun to watch but I'll remain skeptical until they get over the hump. I cant remember the last time they beat a top 10 team in a majortournament. On the bright side, Villa and Torres upfront until atleast the 2010 WC is going to be scary.

France are starting to decline, who's going to replace Vieira and Makalele in midfield after this tourny? Who'll replace Thuram? Who's going toprovide the team with 10 years of service upfront like Thierry Henry did? Despite Italy's humiliating loss, I still think they're in better shape thanFrance.

France are starting to decline, who's going to replace Vieira and Makalele in midfield after this tourny? Who'll replace Thuram? Who's going to provide the team with 10 years of service upfront like Thierry Henry did? Despite Italy's humiliating loss, I still think they're in better shape than France.

Jeremy Toulalan, Flamini, Lassana Diarra (Maka's son
roll.gif
)are all quality CDM/CM's. Toulalan still needs to progress. Mexes seems ideal to replace Thuram assuming he can actually get called up by Domenech. Benzemawill hold down the fort up front for years to come.

Its very hard to imagine players filling the shoes of heroes like Vieira, Maka, and Henry but there is alot of French talent that will have to be developedfurther.

Damn, I dont even watch soccer like that, but that Header Goal by the Czechs was a @++@%% rocket...

pimp.gif

Honestly, Im just trying to watch Christano ronaldo *shrugs

Good match so far.. both teams getting decent attempts, very clean play for the most part, just good clean football. I think CRonaldo get a goal here beforeit's over.

goddamn, i called that one!

This isn't over yet though, czechs have had like 3 chances that should've definitely been goals.. this is a great game.

Czechs have really impressed me this match. I think it's clear Portugal were/are the favorites in this group, and they will most likely win this game, butI didn't think the Czech's would threaten this often...I wouldn't be shocked if they get another one before this is over to tie it up.

Really great match, this is why it's called the beautiful game!

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by d3simet

great match!! deco is that dude

who's the lady in the avy?
pimp.gif

*grins* i think you know the answer. haha

match is over.. czech did a good job.. go portugal

Portugal is kind of struggling with weaker teams. It will be interesting to see how they fair against a better team.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Portugal is kind of struggling with weaker teams. It will be interesting to see how they fair against a better team.

roll.gif
at Czech Republic being a weaker team. They are easily top 10...Turkey is a decent squad too.
Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

indifferent.gif
myself

fr goin out in the yard and missing Christano's goal.

smh.gif
that was the only reason I was tuned in

Cristiano*

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

great match!! deco is that dude

who's the lady in the avy?
pimp.gif

*grins* i think you know the answer. haha

match is over.. czech did a good job.. go portugal
this her?
grin.gif
happy.gif

btw i hope turkey pulls this out. i wonder how much of an impact the rain will have
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom