OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

So I've got a question:

Say Italy/France end up tying in this game. If the result in the Netherlands/Romania game stands, then who advances? There would be 3 teams all stuck on 2 points. I'm assuming Romania goes forward on goal differential right...

Well the idea for a tie is pretty much out the window now

Who would of thought France would only score 1 goal in 3 games
smh.gif

Deflection goals
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Well I guess Italy finds a way to advance into the Quarters
tired.gif

Never count out the Italians regardless of how poorly they played this tourney so far. I can't say I'm happy about it though...

Italy v Spain in the Quarterfinals. I think missing Pirlo and Gattuso will hurt them. Should be an interesting game though.

Man, even with substitutes, the Dutch beat a team that both France and Italy had problems against.. and they were at full strength.. But let's see. Someteam cruise through the main round, but go out quick in the knockout stage while the opposite is the case with others (See Italy in the 06 World Cup).

nobody is playing anywhere near as well as the dutch right right this minute.... i'd love to see them win this tournament, but things get much tougher fromhere on out.. i'd be surprised if they looked this dominant the rest of the way.

Man work sucks I haven't been able to watch any games so far except a couple of Portugal's matches. Nice to see Italy get in, I'll have to dvr thequarterfinal game.

The Dutch are no slouch..

I dont see why everyone was up in arms when the Italians lost to them. They're a great team and they're gonna go deep in the tournament.

Netherlands vs Russia/Sweeden?

I'll take the Dutch.

Italy-Spain?

Homeland team *****...FORZA AZZURRI!

sick.gif
@ the way France played today. Itreally just goes to show how great Zidane was though. He made this team (a lot of the same players) look great.
If you want to see how to control a midfield, watch Zidane v Brazil in the last world cup. I still can't get that performance out of my head.

Where are you now sir?
zidane_wideweb__470x286,0.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

cruzair13 wrote:
robben just missed a goal by a foot.
it was on purpose... anytime you have the chance to take France and Italy out of the tournament, you take it!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I hope you're joking, and on the other hand, that would be a terrible strategy. They know they can run a train on either team, so why not let oneof them through, in hopes they take out another possible contender? Romania would never go anywhere if they qualified, just a free pass for another team.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

sick.gif
@ the way France played today. It really just goes to show how great Zidane was though. He made this team (a lot of the same players) look great.
If you want to see how to control a midfield, watch Zidane v Brazil in the last world cup. I still can't get that performance out of my head.

Where are you now sir?
zidane_wideweb__470x286,0.jpg

mad.gif
. Is that your way of replying to my Riise picture?
laugh.gif

That world cup still irks me, that was Dida's ball.

I'm surprised Holland won today, I really expected them to lose on purpose.

laugh.gif
So much for Spain getting over the hurdle. Up next: World Cupchampions.

Red card was TERRIBLE, that was definetely not worth a red. A yellow yes, and you could see the second they went a man down France didn't know what theywere doing. Man I do sure hope Ribery is ok, looked like he broke his ankle, I didn't tell till like the 3rd time they showed the replay, looked bad.Let's hope Croatia or Turkey don't let me down.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Red card was TERRIBLE, that was definetely not worth a red.

You realized that if you take a man down who has a clear path to the goal it's an automatic red card, don't you? If Abidal didn't foul Toni,Toni was going to break free.

Oh and Domenech said that it's Ribery's knee that is injured.

Back
Top Bottom