OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Red card was TERRIBLE, that was definetely not worth a red.

You realized that if you take a man down who has a clear path to the goal it's an automatic red card, don't you? If Abidal didn't foul Toni, Toni was going to break free.

Oh and Domenech said that it's Ribery's knee that is injured.

Toni went down like a rag-doll. Coupet was right there too, it was a stupid decision by Abidal. I doubt Toni would put that in, esp. after the much betterchance he put wide before.

Red card was TERRIBLE, that was definetely not worth a red. A yellow yes, and you could see the second they went a man down France didn't know what they were doing. Man I do sure hope Ribery is ok, looked like he broke his ankle, I didn't tell till like the 3rd time they showed the replay, looked bad. Let's hope Croatia or Turkey don't let me down.

He was the last defender. It was the proper call. End of story.

just found this post. good tourny so far. really thought france would do better but my other picks of holland and portugal are still in the mix.

was in amsterdam the night they beat italy. WIILLD haha.

You realized that if you take a man down who has a clear path to the goal it's an automatic red card, don't you? If Abidal didn't foul Toni, Toni was going to break free.

I understand he was the last defender, he went down WAY too easily for the big strong man he is. There was SOME contact but not red card worthy, Iagree it was a free kick and at most a yellow, but Toni went down far too easy imo. And Toni wasn't going to get a certain goal because Coupet wasn'tthat far from him and after seeing his first few attempts, he looked off, to say the least. People are going to have different point of views, I think itshouldn't have been a red, others say it should have, it's over with, but I do think it was wrong to make them play a man down for that soft ofcontact.

I understand he was the last defender, he went down WAY too easily for the big strong man he is. There was SOME contact but not red card worthy, I agree it was a free kick and at most a yellow, but Toni went down far too easy imo. And Toni wasn't going to get a certain goal because Coupet wasn't that far from him and after seeing his first few attempts, he looked off, to say the least. People are going to have different point of views, I think it shouldn't have been a red, others say it should have, it's over with, but I do think it was wrong to make them play a man down for that soft of contact.
As big as Toni is, and he's a big #@* doof, he knew that he had to sell that foul and he sure did. Last defender in the box, and you foul, redcard.

I understand he was the last defender, he went down WAY too easily for the big strong man he is. There was SOME contact but not red card worthy, I agree it was a free kick and at most a yellow, but Toni went down far too easy imo.

If you foul as the last line of defense.. red card end of story.

If Zlatan isn't fit then I'm rooting for Russia. I think it's going to be a great match with the return of Arshavin. And Russiacould be a more dangerous opponent for Holland, first team that will attack them in this tourney. Don't sleep!

I can't wait for these quarterfinal matches. It's gonna be a helluva weekend. AND THANK GOD WE DON'T HAVE TO HEAR ANYMORE NBA FINALS REMINDERS. I MEAN GOD DAMN.

I understand he was the last defender, he went down WAY too easily for the big strong man he is. There was SOME contact but not red card worthy, I agree it was a free kick and at most a yellow, but Toni went down far too easy imo. And Toni wasn't going to get a certain goal because Coupet wasn't that far from him and after seeing his first few attempts, he looked off, to say the least. People are going to have different point of views, I think it shouldn't have been a red, others say it should have, it's over with, but I do think it was wrong to make them play a man down for that soft of contact.

Free kick? Any foul inside the box is a penalty. And it's a MANDATORY red, end of story. Like... the ref had no choice but to send him off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_foul

yep. abidal est un imbécile.

bright side of les bleus early exit: we can all wave goodbye to domenech (i hope)

only guys i want to see from the 98 team remain are henry and viera. and for fcks sake bring back trezeguet. the younger players were more than ready andshould've had their shine this tournament, esp a few who were astonishingly left off the team (flamini, sagna, ben arfa). now that a number of the olderplayers are retiring (makalele, thuram, & sagnol apparently), there is no other real option. probably need to do something about the keeper, too.

2010 qualifiers should be fun to watch.

Toni has been missing out on some huge chances this tournament.. But I gotta say, the way he tamed that ball right before the penalty yesterday was stunning.One of the most impressive technical feats I've witnessed in this tournament.

Free kick? Any foul inside the box is a penalty. And it's a MANDATORY red, end of story. Like... the ref had no choice but to send him off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_foul
I meant penalty kick, last thing you want to do is try and school me on soccer.
laugh.gif

Russia has been playing surprisingly well. Very aggressive today.
Great passing and ball handling by Russia. They were bound to get there first.

Russia have been dominating all game so far, the problem is their finishing is very very poor. It should be atleast 3-0 right now with the chances they'vehad.

I wonder if The White Stripes collect royalties every time the crowd chants.
Wow, Russia just missed another opportunity. Entertaining game.

Russia has essentially been attacking this whole tournament. When they come up against a strong side it will backfire. Look at what Spain did to them...Iexpect any quality team to do the same.

While it is extremely entertaining to watch, this all out attack and poor back line for Russia will catch up sooner rather than later. Also their touches andaggression has been really good, but add on some finishing or it is all for naught.

Sweden has been looking good the last 10-15 minutes, and it will be interesting to see if Russia can defend a lead.

Back
Top Bottom