OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Hey everyone. Checking in once again.

I watched the entire Holland/Italy match.

It was a FANTASTIC match. Very fast paced, and very exciting. Can't ask for much more. Holland was very surprising...they played WONDERFULLY.

Romania-France match outcome wasn't surprising at all. Romania is very underrated, and I believe they'll qualify. I already called that Holland andRomania will qualify out of this group. I'd love to see it.

I only caught the last 30 minutes of my Italians and it was truly disappointing. Something looks weird about them, they're playing too relaxed andlaidback. I expect them to come out much fiercer against France.

this is one of my first posts in the sports forum. italy was just not their defensive selves today, lapses everywhere =(

the dutch played a beautiful game though, can't argue with that.

yamakazi18 wrote:

the dutch played a beautiful game though, can't argue with that.

so true

but heres my prediction for the group of death

1. KNVB
2. Italy
3. Romania
4. France

that might be out there but france showed nothing today
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by jcerone

I just despise everything Italian futbol stands for, especially after that '06 World Cup.
Zizi?
indifferent.gif

The commentator hit the nail on the head when he said that the wings needed to get Pirlo the ball so he could do some work from the midfield and set-up Toni and Di Natale.

Italy still ties this game though.

Well for starters I'm for Germany, so
mad.gif
at the end of that game...
The wackness and ref favoritism the whole tournament (against the US for example, who outplayed them in that match)
indifferent.gif

But also the penalty decision against Australia
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And then the finals, with that Zidane fiasco
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Just in general the style of play, the diving, the complaining, the dirtiness, the arrogance. And then the domestic match fixing, racism...I just hate Italian futbol with a passion.

edit: I hadn't noticed you covered the Australia game.

I'd also like to add the Ghana game... two CLEAR penalties not called. Italy was definitely not the best team, and don't try and hit me with the somuch history bull crap because 1994 will eternally hang over your head.

I think tomorrow's Spain/Russia match will see the most goals. Very excited to see Hiddink's squad and their midfield attack. Two sides that will go forward, should be good. 4-2 prediction.

And in the second match..... ZLATAN THE GREAT & a familiar face (
laugh.gif
is this dude gonna feature in WC2010, too???!!):

Zlatan_Ibrahimovic_206884c.jpg

Perhaps Romania will be this tournament's Greece '04. What a staunch defence.

The Dutch came out strong and proved something. As I predicted, Nederlands, Germany, and Portugal are my favorites to take it.
Though my personal fave is the Nederlands.

Oh man I did not expect Holland to do that good, man they looked so solid. After watching them today, I would say they have a very strong chance of winning itall. I expect France to get themselves together and start winning and come out of Group C with Holland.

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

I think tomorrow's Spain/Russia match will see the most goals. Very excited to see Hiddink's squad and their midfield attack. Two sides that will go forward, should be good. 4-2 prediction.

And in the second match..... ZLATAN THE GREAT & a familiar face (
laugh.gif
is this dude gonna feature in WC2010, too???!!):

Zlatan_Ibrahimovic_206884c.jpg

Perhaps Romania will be this tournament's Greece '04. What a staunch defence.
Maybe if they Mount some sort of an offense like the Greeks....I hope n ot though. Greece scoring almost every single goal on a headed cross was realwhack.

NETHERLANDS and their light blue socks (
pimp.gif
) *****!!!!!!!!

^^^^ this last picture is classic...while the dutch celebrate thoose italian fans look for some sort of excuse to justify it.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dutch sucks, its only one game
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

1. Its the Netherlands, if you're going to use dutch though at least say The Dutch suck.
2. That 1 game is 33% of the group stage, mathematically they could go through to the next round with a draw and a loss. So your its only one game theorysucks.
3. They won 3-0, nowhere in the definition of sucking do I see winning by a large margin in there.

I really didn't expect them to even compete this year, not in that group. Now they could still crap out, as they always do on a big stage, but I don'tthink after France's horrid performance that they're going to threaten much either. Its really wide open between italy and france with Romania possiblypulling that surprise sneak through.

is Larsson getting the start next to Zlatan? i was wondering what the pairing would be up front

i know Zlatan has said he plays his best when Henrik is in the lineup

do you think Italy will be good in the next 10 years? It seems like they don't have many young players developing who will turn the Azzuri into a world power in the next decade
The fact that you didn't see many young players has more to do with the fact that Donadoni's strategy was to choose a team loaded withveterans as opposed to young guns, except for Di Natale. He's got big shoes to fill replacing Marcello and he probably felt the best way to win right awayand quiet the doubters was to fill the team with proven 30-somethings. Today's game made that look like a flawed strategy but Italy has rarely been good onDay One, wait until the end of the week to pass judgment as far as that goes.

what is *****???? and what does kvnb stand for ??? i kno that it has something to do with holland but idk wat it stands for

does anyone else feel that anelka badly sucks and that ribbery is overrated??

Awesome setup.. Spain 1, Russia 0

Russia off the post!

what is *****???? and what does kvnb stand for ??? i kno that it has something to do with holland but idk wat it stands for

does anyone else feel that anelka badly sucks and that ribbery is overrated??
For The _____ _____ Win

(From Wiki) KNVB stands for Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond ("Royal Netherlands Football Association").

Both Anelka, and Ribery are quality players. You cant judge them off one game. Anelka needs consistent full match play, he was on Chelsea's bench towardsthe end of the season (Drogba's return.) Plus, as a striker, you need service. Ribery needs to assert himself. With Zidane (retired), Henry, and Vieira aremissing, he has to step up and make it his team.

Another example, Benzema had an off night but hes a really good player.

Should be 1-1 but Russia is giving Torres too much space, hes going to hurt them again if they keep defending like that.

Oh yea for those not in the US like me and want to watch it online TVUnetworks.com download then go to channel 65264 soccer2(Euro 2008)

Back
Top Bottom