Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

Originally Posted by jehlers02

Wait this is the actual team? No Dwight, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Deron, Melo?

This is the team being sent to Turkey for play for the World Championships I believe.

The big boys will compete in the 2012 Olympics I am sure, it looks like Team USA is just taking this opportunity to give these youngsters and newcommers some international experience
and see who will complement the team for next summer. Also gives the superstars a summer to rest.

I know the winner of the world championships get an automatic bid to the Olympics next year, but do the last olympic game winners get an autobid as well?
Im asking cause obviously USA won it in 2008, it would be embarrassing to lose this summer cause I know many countries take the World Championships much more seriously than the Olympic games.

Originally Posted by jehlers02

Wait this is the actual team? No Dwight, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Deron, Melo?

This is the team being sent to Turkey for play for the World Championships I believe.

The big boys will compete in the 2012 Olympics I am sure, it looks like Team USA is just taking this opportunity to give these youngsters and newcommers some international experience
and see who will complement the team for next summer. Also gives the superstars a summer to rest.

I know the winner of the world championships get an automatic bid to the Olympics next year, but do the last olympic game winners get an autobid as well?
Im asking cause obviously USA won it in 2008, it would be embarrassing to lose this summer cause I know many countries take the World Championships much more seriously than the Olympic games.

Anyone else this Kevin love has the most international game out of all the bigs that were there. I hope he makes it.

This will be interesting.

But as I was looking over the PG's list, nobody other than Chauncey is really a threat from 3. Well I forgot about Curry, I still think of him as a 2 from his days at Davidson. So I would go with Chauncey, Curry, and probably Rose. But I know Rose has the "up" over Curry in terms of rank in the league and in the USA Clubhouse so he would probably be chosen over Curry.

Anyone else this Kevin love has the most international game out of all the bigs that were there. I hope he makes it.

This will be interesting.

But as I was looking over the PG's list, nobody other than Chauncey is really a threat from 3. Well I forgot about Curry, I still think of him as a 2 from his days at Davidson. So I would go with Chauncey, Curry, and probably Rose. But I know Rose has the "up" over Curry in terms of rank in the league and in the USA Clubhouse so he would probably be chosen over Curry.

With the chin hair? I swear Steph Curry's ball handling is never talked about by folks. He has it on a string. Really.

My boy OJ NEEDS to be on this team. Perfect fit IMO...decent size, good D, can play either some point for stretches, and has one of the best jumpshots/perimeter games among the invitees.

Do it Mike!

With the chin hair? I swear Steph Curry's ball handling is never talked about by folks. He has it on a string. Really.

My boy OJ NEEDS to be on this team. Perfect fit IMO...decent size, good D, can play either some point for stretches, and has one of the best jumpshots/perimeter games among the invitees.

Do it Mike!

Steph don't get credit in general. _'s that fronted on him @ Davidson will tell you he was only nice last year because of the "system" he played in.

Steph don't get credit in general. _'s that fronted on him @ Davidson will tell you he was only nice last year because of the "system" he played in.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Steph looking like a young Delonte West

laugh.gif
 thought the same thing.

I guess there goes his chances of playing in the olympics next year then, wordup to Lebron saying he looks too much like Delonte so he cant be on the team.
laugh.gif

I guess there goes his chances of playing in the olympics next year then, wordup to Lebron saying he looks too much like Delonte so he cant be on the team.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Word. Everybody still sleep on this dude outside of his outside shooting
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom