Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

When's our next game?

Let's see, our previous team...
- G: Kidd, Kobe, Redd, Wade, Paul, Deron
- F: Melo, LeBron, Boozer, Tayshaun
- C: Dwight, Bosh

That right? The definites I can see not being on the team in '12 are Kidd, Redd, and Tayshaun.

I can see Kobe on the team. Bird was on the team in '92 w/ a bad back that limited his practice time w/ the team, and he was a shell of his former self; however, the competition is definitely better than it was in '92, so every roster spot is more important. At the same time, I can see him just bowing out, content that he contributed in a major way in '08.

- G: Kobe, Durant, Wade, Paul, Deron, Rose
- F: Melo, LeBron, Boozer, Love

No one else jumps out at me that's missing from my roster, and I can see that roster getting filled just like that.

But yeah, when's our next game?

When's our next game?

That right? The definites I can see not being on the team in '12 are Kidd, Redd, and Tayshaun.

I can see Kobe on the team. Bird was on the team in '92 w/ a bad back that limited his practice time w/ the team, and he was a shell of his former self; however, the competition is definitely better than it was in '92, so every roster spot is more important. At the same time, I can see him just bowing out, content that he contributed in a major way in '08.

No one else jumps out at me that's missing from my roster, and I can see that roster getting filled just like that.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

When's our next game?

I would replace Boozer ..i don't even remember him being on the court that much in 08 ..Odom? ..or maybe Blake Griffin?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

When's our next game?

I would replace Boozer ..i don't even remember him being on the court that much in 08 ..Odom? ..or maybe Blake Griffin?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Kevin Love plays in 2012 over which big man?
Boozer, he didn't get burn in '08 and Love's game is tailored for international play...%*++ I would take Love on the team over Bosh as well., though I'll prolly be alone in that sentiment.

Boozer, he didn't get burn in '08 and Love's game is tailored for international play...%*++ I would take Love on the team over Bosh as well., though I'll prolly be alone in that sentiment.

I honestly don't see Kobe and Wade playing in 2012. Just depends on where they stand in terms of health. I also don't see Boozer on the team anymore. 
Only players from last season I see returning is Paul, Deron, Melo, Lebron, Dwight and Bosh leaving 6 open spots. If this team ends up winning worlds, I think a few more of them are deserving of making the national team. I think we can get some guys to fill the shoes of Prince, Boozer, Redd and Kidd. Wade and Kobe would be a little tougher in terms of shoes to fill, but it can happen. 

I think we got 6 guys on this team that you can add on to the other 6 guys I listed and they can win the Gold.

I honestly don't see Kobe and Wade playing in 2012. Just depends on where they stand in terms of health. I also don't see Boozer on the team anymore. 
Only players from last season I see returning is Paul, Deron, Melo, Lebron, Dwight and Bosh leaving 6 open spots. If this team ends up winning worlds, I think a few more of them are deserving of making the national team. I think we can get some guys to fill the shoes of Prince, Boozer, Redd and Kidd. Wade and Kobe would be a little tougher in terms of shoes to fill, but it can happen. 

I think we got 6 guys on this team that you can add on to the other 6 guys I listed and they can win the Gold.

Kobe will come back in 2012, and for reasons nobody is going to discuss: his legacy. He has five rings right now, and could easily have a 6th by the time the Olympics roll around. There's only one person who has two gold medals and six rings. Kobe could very easily become the second. You can't tell me that doesn't become a major factor in his decision.

Kobe will come back in 2012, and for reasons nobody is going to discuss: his legacy. He has five rings right now, and could easily have a 6th by the time the Olympics roll around. There's only one person who has two gold medals and six rings. Kobe could very easily become the second. You can't tell me that doesn't become a major factor in his decision.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

i know for sure Kobe will be back in 2012, he will play the J Kidd role. he will be the veteran on the team and help mentor the young players. He will play and still have an impact on the team but wont play too many minutes because of age and of course not be too tired for the upcoming NBA season.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

i know for sure Kobe will be back in 2012, he will play the J Kidd role. he will be the veteran on the team and help mentor the young players. He will play and still have an impact on the team but wont play too many minutes because of age and of course not be too tired for the upcoming NBA season.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I would agree but I think Bosh is going to be named on that team but I wouldn't be surprise if they put him and Love out there together and Love playing center. I think KD takes Prince spot, Love fills in for Boozer, either Gordon, Curry fills in for Redd, Rose/Westbrook for Kidd but I think Rose will prove he earns that spot over time. I don't think Wall, Blake or anyone else will compete for a spot I think they'll have there guys after next summer.

Anybody watching this Spain vs Greece game
pimp.gif

Plus these dudes commentating are hilarious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I would agree but I think Bosh is going to be named on that team but I wouldn't be surprise if they put him and Love out there together and Love playing center. I think KD takes Prince spot, Love fills in for Boozer, either Gordon, Curry fills in for Redd, Rose/Westbrook for Kidd but I think Rose will prove he earns that spot over time. I don't think Wall, Blake or anyone else will compete for a spot I think they'll have there guys after next summer.

Anybody watching this Spain vs Greece game
pimp.gif

Plus these dudes commentating are hilarious
laugh.gif

Yeah Booze didn't get a lot of burn in 08. In two years I wonder how his game compares to others. Bosh is a soft player and I question where his head will go after being able to lean on Lebron and Wade. I still think he's a soft player for a big man with so much skill.

@23

Not a bad guess there. I think Booze and Bosh might not be on the team due to age and some new younger talent. We still have yet to see Blake Griffin, Cousins. Bosh may have to be a center due to the lack of American big men that can play as centers.

Two years is a lot of time. We'll have to see who wants to play and how injuries and ego's turn out.

Yeah Booze didn't get a lot of burn in 08. In two years I wonder how his game compares to others. Bosh is a soft player and I question where his head will go after being able to lean on Lebron and Wade. I still think he's a soft player for a big man with so much skill.

@23

Not a bad guess there. I think Booze and Bosh might not be on the team due to age and some new younger talent. We still have yet to see Blake Griffin, Cousins. Bosh may have to be a center due to the lack of American big men that can play as centers.

Two years is a lot of time. We'll have to see who wants to play and how injuries and ego's turn out.

No chance  in hell they let the big 3 all be on the team for the 2012 olympics.  Sorry Bosh.

And for those saying Blake Griffin -
laugh.gif
 - They arent just gonna let this kid be on the Olympic team out of nowhere. USA Basketball really respects the people that come back year after year. They arent just gonna be like - "Come next summer to the Tournament of Americas and you can play in the Olympics."  Maybe we will see him in 2014/2016 though.

No chance  in hell they let the big 3 all be on the team for the 2012 olympics.  Sorry Bosh.

And for those saying Blake Griffin -
laugh.gif
 - They arent just gonna let this kid be on the Olympic team out of nowhere. USA Basketball really respects the people that come back year after year. They arent just gonna be like - "Come next summer to the Tournament of Americas and you can play in the Olympics."  Maybe we will see him in 2014/2016 though.

^Well if they keep inviting him, year after year, I am sure he will have his shot. Especially if he pans out in the NBA, you're not just gonna say no to that talent. I.E. Rondo.

^Well if they keep inviting him, year after year, I am sure he will have his shot. Especially if he pans out in the NBA, you're not just gonna say no to that talent. I.E. Rondo.

Back
Top Bottom