Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

I don't care if he doesn't start but Gordon needs to be the first guard off the bench.

Kid's a monster
pimp.gif

*Waits for OJ Stans to enter thread*

I don't care if he doesn't start but Gordon needs to be the first guard off the bench.

Kid's a monster
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Kid's a monster
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Naw, but Gordon is playing well and a good player. It just seems like you look at him as being a potential star in the league, don't know if I'm right or wrong? I do like him as the first guard off the bench though, I can agree there. As long as he continues to shoot the ball and stay within in his means, he can continue to have double digit scoring nights.

Kevin Love has been beasting out and Durant finally start playing like he suppose to when the games counted. Iguodala hasn't impressed me at all and his defense is kinda overrated during this tournament because he's not just locking anybody up no more than any of the other perimeter players on the team. His athleticism really isn't appreciated either since we have so many athletes on the perimeter as well.

If its Rose, Billups, Iggy, Durant and Odom starting, I'll replace Love with Odom. I don't even see any other reason why Odom should be on the team with the exception of his leadership. Make Gordon and Gay the first two off the bench for scoring. Bring Westbrook and Chandler in after them.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Kid's a monster
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Naw, but Gordon is playing well and a good player. It just seems like you look at him as being a potential star in the league, don't know if I'm right or wrong? I do like him as the first guard off the bench though, I can agree there. As long as he continues to shoot the ball and stay within in his means, he can continue to have double digit scoring nights.

Kevin Love has been beasting out and Durant finally start playing like he suppose to when the games counted. Iguodala hasn't impressed me at all and his defense is kinda overrated during this tournament because he's not just locking anybody up no more than any of the other perimeter players on the team. His athleticism really isn't appreciated either since we have so many athletes on the perimeter as well.

If its Rose, Billups, Iggy, Durant and Odom starting, I'll replace Love with Odom. I don't even see any other reason why Odom should be on the team with the exception of his leadership. Make Gordon and Gay the first two off the bench for scoring. Bring Westbrook and Chandler in after them.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

No, Curry is definitely struggling.

I think Durant and Love have played the best. I think Love deserves to be inserted as the starting C in the next round. Yeah, that puts Odom on the bench, but... I mean, Love is playing better.

And not that Iggy is playing bad, but I expected more from him for some reason.

Rose is impressing me.

I think Love, Durant, and Rose play in '12. Obviously, Durant. Rose? We had Paul, Deron, a Kidd in '08, and we're obviously going to lose Kidd, so maybe it will be those 2 + Rose. Love? I can see it.
Hit it right on the head.   Love is playing better than Odom....the team slows down (which is a good thing because they play too fast sometimes) and it leads to less turnovers when he is in the game at center.  Iggy cant shoot, I dont know what people were expecting of him other than dunks, Its not like he is gonna break someone down off the dribble.....at least not in FIBA play.

Rose is beasting....other than when he forces the drive and loses it...but I would rather have him doing that (turning the ball over trying to create penetration and get inside the paint) than what Steph Curry does - dribble up past half court, a couple lazy crossovers followed by a chuck up to the rim while not even looking to pass off to a teammate. 

And the '12 team is also most likely not going to have Kobe...that was the word around training camp in Vegas and New York.  I think those 3 (Durant, Rose, Love) are great candidates to make that team and probably the only three I would take off this team and place on that squad. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

No, Curry is definitely struggling.

I think Durant and Love have played the best. I think Love deserves to be inserted as the starting C in the next round. Yeah, that puts Odom on the bench, but... I mean, Love is playing better.

And not that Iggy is playing bad, but I expected more from him for some reason.

Rose is impressing me.

I think Love, Durant, and Rose play in '12. Obviously, Durant. Rose? We had Paul, Deron, a Kidd in '08, and we're obviously going to lose Kidd, so maybe it will be those 2 + Rose. Love? I can see it.
Hit it right on the head.   Love is playing better than Odom....the team slows down (which is a good thing because they play too fast sometimes) and it leads to less turnovers when he is in the game at center.  Iggy cant shoot, I dont know what people were expecting of him other than dunks, Its not like he is gonna break someone down off the dribble.....at least not in FIBA play.

Rose is beasting....other than when he forces the drive and loses it...but I would rather have him doing that (turning the ball over trying to create penetration and get inside the paint) than what Steph Curry does - dribble up past half court, a couple lazy crossovers followed by a chuck up to the rim while not even looking to pass off to a teammate. 

And the '12 team is also most likely not going to have Kobe...that was the word around training camp in Vegas and New York.  I think those 3 (Durant, Rose, Love) are great candidates to make that team and probably the only three I would take off this team and place on that squad. 

^
I'm going to guess that Michael Redd would not be coming back either. Gordon can take his spot if he continues to mature and plays this way. Probably not a big minute guy, but he will be there.

Rudy Gay is a guy I think can improve, but who knows. His shot selection is just odd.

^
I'm going to guess that Michael Redd would not be coming back either. Gordon can take his spot if he continues to mature and plays this way. Probably not a big minute guy, but he will be there.

Rudy Gay is a guy I think can improve, but who knows. His shot selection is just odd.

Tayshaun Prince won't be on the squad either...

And do I think of Gordon as a superstar in the league??? Hell No...But do I think he will become one of the elite scorers in the league? Yes, I do. He got compared to Ben Gordon out of college and I think its a fair comparison, except Gordon doesn't have the awful shot selection, is a better penetrator and defender despite his size.  He still has his shortcomings, he has zero court vision and is still a combo guard of sorts, but I would be surprised to not see him being on multiple all-star teams in the west.  Him and Griffin are two very nice young pieces, it will be exciting to watch them grow together.

Tayshaun Prince won't be on the squad either...

And do I think of Gordon as a superstar in the league??? Hell No...But do I think he will become one of the elite scorers in the league? Yes, I do. He got compared to Ben Gordon out of college and I think its a fair comparison, except Gordon doesn't have the awful shot selection, is a better penetrator and defender despite his size.  He still has his shortcomings, he has zero court vision and is still a combo guard of sorts, but I would be surprised to not see him being on multiple all-star teams in the west.  Him and Griffin are two very nice young pieces, it will be exciting to watch them grow together.

God imagine if Blake decided to come out and start off his healthy career with team USA and just destroyed the international competition
pimp.gif
that would be a sight to see
smile.gif

God imagine if Blake decided to come out and start off his healthy career with team USA and just destroyed the international competition
pimp.gif
smile.gif

pimp.gif
smile.gif

pimp.gif
smile.gif

I'm loving this team right now. Gordon has surpassed all me expectations I had of him man
pimp.gif

Btw, Thread title updated & Front page updated!

I'm loving this team right now. Gordon has surpassed all me expectations I had of him man
pimp.gif

Btw, Thread title updated & Front page updated!

@ AIR MAX

Shot selection and Ben Gordon don't mix. Any bulls fan will tell you that. He does take the best shot available most of the time, but that also comes at the cost of knowing when to pass it off. I'm really surprised he didn't even try out for his squad. Or did he? Can I get some info NT?

Back
Top Bottom