Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
We still have yet to see Blake Griffin, Cousins.
I can guarantee this: Cousins will not be on the team. He's already developed a reputation for having a bad attitude towards coaches, and that's just not going to cut it.
According to who?
According the people who have expressed either concern or observations about his attitude. If you're not aware that there is talk of his bad attitude, I don't know what to tell you.

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
I can guarantee this: Cousins will not be on the team. He's already developed a reputation for having a bad attitude towards coaches, and that's just not going to cut it.
According to who?
According the people who have expressed either concern or observations about his attitude. If you're not aware that there is talk of his bad attitude, I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?
indifferent.gif
Is this why the Kings hired his former HS coach?

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?
indifferent.gif
Is this why the Kings hired his former HS coach?

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?
He has a bad rep, but people gotta remember that he's just a kid. Was there an incident at UK? I can't think of anything. He has to mature, but I think that'll come sooner than later. Plus the talent that he has can't be ignored.

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?
He has a bad rep, but people gotta remember that he's just a kid. Was there an incident at UK? I can't think of anything. He has to mature, but I think that'll come sooner than later. Plus the talent that he has can't be ignored.

If should try to return as many previous Olympians as possible but they should always have at least 3 (or even roster of 6) new players to increase the amount of players with Olympic experience.

I would invite the following players back:

Anthony
Bosh
Bryant
Howard
James
Paul
Wade
Williams

I would add the following players to the 12 man roster
Durant (automatic)
Lee (a versatile big man, who can do it all)
Rose (proving himself on the defensive end)
Stoudemire

I see them adding Stoudemire because he'll be playing for D'Antoni who's been on the coaching staff, he should (better) have monster seasons in NY and there hasn't been a NY player to advertise on the world stage since Ewing. Durant/Lee/Rose are a good core to build around for the 2016 Olympics. Westbrook, Love and Eric Gordon will have the inside track on the 2016 Olympics team with their play in the tournament.

If should try to return as many previous Olympians as possible but they should always have at least 3 (or even roster of 6) new players to increase the amount of players with Olympic experience.

Anthony
Bosh
Bryant
Howard
James
Paul
Wade
Williams

Durant (automatic)
Stoudemire

I see them adding Stoudemire because he'll be playing for D'Antoni who's been on the coaching staff, he should (better) have monster seasons in NY and there hasn't been a NY player to advertise on the world stage since Ewing. Durant/Lee/Rose are a good core to build around for the 2016 Olympics. Westbrook, Love and Eric Gordon will have the inside track on the 2016 Olympics team with their play in the tournament.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?

Wait, so are his actual coaches having problems with DMC or outsiders that are observing him? He wasn't wildin' out during Summer League.

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?

Wait, so are his actual coaches having problems with DMC or outsiders that are observing him? He wasn't wildin' out during Summer League.

Not that I am vouching for Cousins to be on Team USA but Team USA has selected players with bad attitudes before. Melo had his run ins with Larry Brown and George Karl, LeBron was close to being cut from the team altogether by the Team USA coaches and Kidd has a rep as a coach killer.
ohwell.gif

Not that I am vouching for Cousins to be on Team USA but Team USA has selected players with bad attitudes before. Melo had his run ins with Larry Brown and George Karl, LeBron was close to being cut from the team altogether by the Team USA coaches and Kidd has a rep as a coach killer.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Anthony
Bosh
Bryant
Howard
James
Paul
Wade
Williams

Durant (automatic)
Stoudemire

If the Knicks made Amare pull out from the worlds would they let him play in the Olympics? I think Lee and Love would be good additions on the 2012 squad.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Anthony
Bosh
Bryant
Howard
James
Paul
Wade
Williams

Durant (automatic)
Stoudemire

If the Knicks made Amare pull out from the worlds would they let him play in the Olympics? I think Lee and Love would be good additions on the 2012 squad.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?

It's that fight in HS that's haunting him to this day. Ever since then he's been a "headcase".

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:
According to who?

It's that fight in HS that's haunting him to this day. Ever since then he's been a "headcase".

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:

Considering that Drive-By-Reke got invited for tryouts, I'll let DMC put in some work in the NBA and we'll see what happens. Proving the doubters wrong will be good motivation for him.   

Im Not You:
23ska909red02:
VanillaFreak13:

Considering that Drive-By-Reke got invited for tryouts, I'll let DMC put in some work in the NBA and we'll see what happens. Proving the doubters wrong will be good motivation for him.   

PMatic:
ohwell.gif

There are other factors in all of the cases of those other players. LeBron? His first round came after the entire US roster quit (except for Duncan and Iverson). His second time? By the time '08 came around, he was well established in talent, making him a lock. Cousins doesn't have either of those things woring for him, and won't by 2012.

Kidd? I'm not going to comment on him, because he's always been one of my favorite players in the league, and he still is.

Melo? Same thing I said about LeBron.

I'm not saying Cousins has the worst attitude ever, but in 2 years, he is NOT going to beast to the point where the USA basketball powers-that-be collectively say 'Oh, we need that guy on the team. Definitely.'

And I'm not saying he'll never represent the US. I'm saying he won't in '12; bank on that.

PMatic:
ohwell.gif

There are other factors in all of the cases of those other players. LeBron? His first round came after the entire US roster quit (except for Duncan and Iverson). His second time? By the time '08 came around, he was well established in talent, making him a lock. Cousins doesn't have either of those things woring for him, and won't by 2012.

Kidd? I'm not going to comment on him, because he's always been one of my favorite players in the league, and he still is.

Melo? Same thing I said about LeBron.

I'm not saying Cousins has the worst attitude ever, but in 2 years, he is NOT going to beast to the point where the USA basketball powers-that-be collectively say 'Oh, we need that guy on the team. Definitely.'

And I'm not saying he'll never represent the US. I'm saying he won't in '12; bank on that.

PMatic:
ohwell.gif
LeBron? His first round came after the entire US roster quit (except for Duncan and Iverson). His second time? By the time '08 came around, he was well established in talent, making him a lock.\
'Bron was almost gone from the Beijing squad. There was a good article about it on Yahoo earlier this summer; the coaches were sick of how he was acting and wanted him gone. Apparently it took a call from Nike telling LeBron to smarten up to keep him on the team.

Edit

Here it is:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

Back when the Heat’s three new superstars had signed short contract extensions and started to explore the idea of free agency thrusting them together, a different discussion had played out within the NBA and USA Basketball: What should we do with LeBron?

From Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to managing director Jerry Colangelo to NBA elders, the issue of James’ immaturity and downright disrespectfulness had become a consuming topic on the march to the Olympics. The course of history could’ve changed dramatically, because there was a real risk that James wouldn’t be brought to Beijing based on fears his monumental talents weren’t worth the daily grind of dealing with him.

When the mandate had been to gather these immense egos and get the NBA’s greatest players to fit into a program, no one had a more difficult time meshing into the framework than James. Other players made it a point to learn the names of staffers and modestly go about their business without barking orders and brash demands.

No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James. Behind the scenes, officials had taken to calling James’ inner circle, “The Enablers.

Back
Top Bottom