Official .. USC vs. Ohio State...vol. Redemption or more of the same....

Well next week should be interesting.. after yesterdays games, the line went up to 7.5 for USC.. couldnt say I didnt expect to see that happen.. USC didnt lookall they great........in the 1st quarter.. (I think they thought the game started in the 2nd.. because they sure did light it up after that... I didnt watchall of the game, but I will watch it later... Ohio State squeaked out a win vs a decent Navy team. they should of beat Navy by 21 plus..Navy has led FBS inrushing the last 4 years, and it was evident they can run the option well..But they are not on the same level as Ohio State and is should of Never been thatclose of a game.. Ohio State gave up way to many big plays. Russell better not play like that next week otherwise it will be a blowout in a hurry.... Colemanis a beast and had a FF and a nice INT... Pryor looks a lot better as a passer, I can only recall 2 bad passes that got away from him.. the O line left meconcerned... Boom and Saine will need to be able to gash the USC D for 5-6 yds each time they can.. I think if Ohio State just goes out there any plays, thenits going to be a good game. If tress tries to play "tressel ball", Pete and USC will be having fun in the shoe all night....

Hoping its a great game.

SC played extremely conservative on O yesterday.

Granted I was going back n forth between like 4 different games, but I didn't see Barkley attempt a single downfield pass.

This will be closer than this year but SC wins by 10 imo. I'd expect SC to run the ball 60-70% of the time. And when they do throw it'll be mostly tothe backs, TE's, and FB's. Expect to see a lot of screens. If y'all arent ready for McKnight, Gables, and co......it'll be a long day.

OSU* better stack the box and force Barkley to throw. That's there only shot.

USC by 10...I think it will be closer than last year but USC will be in control the whole game IMO. If the stable is running like they should be Barkleywon't have to do much

This game will be a long one, I don't see it being that close

USC's strength is their defense this year and I predict that Barkley & Co will get rolling somewhere late in the first half. Tressell will be JimTressell, playing a conservative game on BOTH sides of the ball, pretty much bottling up his own team. That being said, Pryor's mechanics have not improvedenough to make that much of a difference in what JT allows him to do, thus making the defensive gameplan that much more simple for Carroll. Our offensive lineis semi-new and their pass blocking will surely be tested. The run blocking is CLEARLY suspect, being stuffed by Navy enough for my liking. We do not haveBeanie Wells, just as last year, but I cannot see Boom and Brandon carrying enough of the offense to keep us in this game. Hopefully, Tressell utilizes thetalent that he has at TE. If he can get the run game going early, it'll be a close game ( 10pts). Damian Williams will have the same sort of game that hehad last year(Mitch Sighting
nerd.gif
wink.gif
).
pimp.gif
OSU has never been a team to play from behind and it clearly screws their entire gameplan up when it happens.

Our secondary is suspect and the depth is just not their for what USC can and will throw at us. Defensive schemes will revert to those of old rather quicklyand our secondary will be forced to play off the receiver quite a bit, which bodes well for Matt Barkley. Pete Carroll is an extremely smart coach and I'mquite sure he will go full out at Kurt Coleman.This will be Joe McKnight's return party
laugh.gif

The #6 ranking was far too high and after this game, you'll hear the "O-verated" cheer all over again. It'll be a growing experience for TP,but it'll force Tressell to open it up a bit more because he WILL be on the hotseat (hopefully).

38-13 USC.. The `Shoe will be rather quiet for this one.
ohwell.gif

I'm hopeful but we gotta be realistic - it doesn't look good on paper. Definitely glad that this game is being played in the Horseshoe which gives ourBuckeyes some type of advantage. Any chance of an upset rides on Pryor and it would be asking a lot for him to dominate a sport that is obviously a team game.Tressel REALLY needs to open up the playbook and take chances at the right time. Ohio State has to let TP2 get loose at appropriate moments throughout thegame. If it's there, take it. I don't mind a steady dose of Saine/Herron to start while settling our offense and QB, but after that let's get thefootball to DC, Posey, Ballard, and Dane Sanzenbacher.

On defense I'm worried about USC's platoon of running backs. Wish we had our defense from last year but that's clearly not the case. No matter howyoung and inexperienced they have to limit the run game as much as possible. The Trojans are marching out a true freshman QB so I expect a lot of pressure.Heacock better dial up tons of different disguised blitzes. All I'm saying is that our LBs need to grow up fast.

Let's go Buckeyes!!!!!

After watching OSU against Navy, their secondary is wack. Coleman is pretty good but Russell should not be playing. No way in hell ya'll don't have abetter DB than him. Rolle looks solid in the middle but the other 2 are no playmakers. The DL is going to be tough for SC to handle. Thad is a monster and sois Cam. But if SC can give Matty some time, he is going to get off on your DBs. NOBODY can handle DWill. The TEs will have a field day. I think SC blows themout but TP will step up and play good, but if the OL isn't better it might not matter.

How does Browning continue to play for you guys? He is buns.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

After watching OSU against Navy, their secondary is wack. Coleman is pretty good but Russell should not be playing. No way in hell ya'll don't have a better DB than him. Rolle looks solid in the middle but the other 2 are no playmakers. The DL is going to be tough for SC to handle. Thad is a monster and so is Cam. But if SC can give Matty some time, he is going to get off on your DBs. NOBODY can handle DWill. The TEs will have a field day. I think SC blows them out but TP will step up and play good, but if the OL isn't better it might not matter.

pretty much sums it up... how Sabino has not gotten PT at LB.. Nate Williams is a beast as well... Chekwa has to make some plays out there... we (Ohio State)will have to make SC pass... I know there is only one football, but SC has was 4 or 5 5-star RBs..
eek.gif
... there is talent on both teams, but my concern is the game plan.. I think itwas telling the last year Sanchez said SC's coaching staff pretty much knew what Ohio State was going to do ...
eyes.gif
terrible... Tress needs to revamp his coaching strat based on his talent.. inhis first few years he could play "Tressel ball" because the D was some of the best in the nation. now, to beat top tier teams like SC, we going tohave to throw points on the board.....!

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Originally Posted by Newbs24

After watching OSU against Navy, their secondary is wack. Coleman is pretty good but Russell should not be playing. No way in hell ya'll don't have a better DB than him. Rolle looks solid in the middle but the other 2 are no playmakers. The DL is going to be tough for SC to handle. Thad is a monster and so is Cam. But if SC can give Matty some time, he is going to get off on your DBs. NOBODY can handle DWill. The TEs will have a field day. I think SC blows them out but TP will step up and play good, but if the OL isn't better it might not matter.

pretty much sums it up... how Sabino has not gotten PT at LB.. Nate Williams is a beast as well... Chekwa has to make some plays out there... we (Ohio State) will have to make SC pass... I know there is only one football, but SC has was 4 or 5 5-star RBs..
eek.gif
... there is talent on both teams, but my concern is the game plan.. I think it was telling the last year Sanchez said SC's coaching staff pretty much knew what Ohio State was going to do ...
eyes.gif
terrible... Tress needs to revamp his coaching strat based on his talent.. in his first few years he could play "Tressel ball" because the D was some of the best in the nation. now, to beat top tier teams like SC, we going to have to throw points on the board.....!

Yeah. You can count on SC gettin theirs on O. Tress has to let TP use his talents to get some points, but that still might not be enough. Boom looked belowaverage to me but then again it could be the OLine looking bad too. The WRs are nothing to be scared of for SC. Devier is the goods and he needs a lot moreballs thrown at him for TP to actually get something going. Don't get me wrong, I love watching OSU struggle and hope they get blasted next Saturday, butwith a talent like TP at QB, you need a better OLine and a gameplan for him to win some games. Hope they continue to screw around though. Makes me feel happy.

Back
Top Bottom