Official .. USC vs. Ohio State...vol. Redemption or more of the same....

USC's strength is their defense this year and I predict that Barkley & Co will get rolling somewhere late in the first half.
Our strength is not our young defense. They are athletic and fast, but at the same time inexperienced and prone to make mistakes. Pryor has notshown the ability to pick apart a defense, and I hope he doesn't gain that ability for this game. There were times in the San Jose State game that the USCLB's didn't swarm the ball like in years past. Norton chewed out the LB's. I hope they got the message. The Trojans have speed on D, and couldcontain Pryor easily. If they overpursue, then we could see some problems.

Our strength is our offensive line, especially if Kris O'Dowd comes back for this game and Jeff Byers goes back to his regular spot. With a healthyoffensive line, and our stable of backs, Matt Barkley will continue to play the "Trent Dilfer" role and play within the system. Expect to see a lotof screens and rollouts, maybe an occasional downfield pass to DWill. If they run it down their throats, it will be a succesful trip to The 'Shoe. OhioStates secondary did not look impressive against Navy, they might let Matt throw some downfield. He's a gun slinger, and that may not be a good thing.

That being said....

USC 31
Ohio State 17

^Yup you said it best. Our strength definitely lies in our offensive line. Actually, I would throw in our defensive line in there too. Nonetheless, should be agood game. Can't wait, but I have to endure a week of classes.

Saturday night needs to hurry up and get here.... didnt care too much that Ohio State dropped in the ranknings this week.. a loss to SC they would dropanyways... a win puts them right back in the top 4-5

Sweater vest better not put a leash on tp or try that run the ball and let my d win the game crap.

That defense better not come out in a cover 2 also

Being a Buckeye Fan the game vs Navy was pretty embarassing from a coaching standpoint and the play by our weak db's
I hope we beat USC, but who knows Matt Barkley will be told to go at Anderson Russell
laugh.gif

Tressel hasnt won a big game since 2002 the pressure is on

Originally Posted by hampisaboss

Being a Buckeye Fan the game vs Navy was pretty embarassing from a coaching standpoint and the play by our weak db's
I hope we beat USC, but who knows Matt Barkley will be told to go at Anderson Russell
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You serious? And you're a buckeye fan?

Got to stop the run first and foremost...if Barkley beats you...so be it. I'll be so damn mad if USC runs the ball all over the place again this year. Iactually think it's going to be a really close game. Like last season's Fiesta Bowl...with hopefully a different outcome. I'm just hoping to pacemyself on Saturday...8:00 start times kill me.
laugh.gif

Long as we show up to a big game I will be happy, last big-game we showed up to was Michigan 3 years ago, before we got stomped out by Florida.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yep Im dead serious.

I dont count the cup cake Michigan Games, Notre Dame, and Texas(McCoy's freshman yr)
Tressel has flopped lately more than anything Penn St, USC, LSU,FL, Illinois
Jus keepin it real

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yep Im dead serious.

I dont count the cup cake Michigan Games, Notre Dame, and Texas(McCoy's freshman yr)
Tressel has flopped lately more than anything Penn St, USC, LSU,FL, Illinois
Jus keepin it real
Fall back...beating Texas in Austin is no easy task no matter who the QB is, that was a big win. The Michigangame in '06 was one if not the biggest game in the UM - OSU series. Those were big games son.

laugh.gif

SMH......

get outta here with that mess.... Go ask The Ohio State athletic dept about those big paydays Ohio State got for all those Fiesta Bowls, and the NationalChampionships they went to....Ill be the 1st to say Ohio State has not stepped up in the big games, and it all started with the beat down UF gave us in the2006 title game.. tress was 4-1 going into that game in BCS bowl games, so stop with all that mess about him not being able to win in the big games.(and a fewbig wins over scUM and against Texas)....

If Ohio State beats SC this year, those games will be forgotten. because Ohio State will have an inside track to the title game if they dont get upset in anygames, and they win at Penn St. UF imo is the best team in the nation, and will go undefeated... I dont see them losing a game. I think Texas drops one game,so we will see what happens...

I dont like SC as a team.. never have because they were usually always the opp. vs the big ten champs in the Rose Bowl when I was growing up as a kid.. So Ialways rooted against them...

with that said, I respect all that PC has down at SC... he ALWAYS has a top recruiting class, ALWAYS has his teams ready to play in the big games, and IMO USCwould benefit the MOST from a playoff... Their bugaboo has always been losing to teams they have no business losing to.

My thoughts on the Game... Ohio State will play 10xs better than this past Saturday. They will be aggressive, and that will allow TP to do his thing.. .thething I think both teams will do and Should do... is make the young QB's win with their arms... which is scary thinking about that because how much of abum R.Anderson looked Sat. But I rather make the young QB throw the ball with pressure down his neck all game in from of over 105k fans, then have SC give itto one of their 15 5-star recruits or how many ever they have... Our O looked better, TP looked like a much better passer, it was just the D that let usdown...not to mention the dumb move by tress to play Bouserman in the middle of the 2nd.. let TP dismantle Navy, then let Joe get his PT at the end of thegame....

my prediction...

Ohio State- 35
USC -31

I hope its one heck of a game...!!!!

GO BUCKEYES.!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm a Buckeye fan and don't believe Tressell has done anything remarkable since then. Recruiting wise, he's always in the mix for the bestrecruiting class, largely in part attributed to the tradition we have at OSU. No mistake about it, Sweatervest can recruit against anyone. If I'm notmistaken vs AP Top 5 opponents, he's won 0 in last 5 games. We have lost a lot of credibility with him at the helm, what's saving us is aforementionedtradition and even that, is called into question. His schemes are predictable, even Sanchez made note that "we(USC) knew everything they were going todo", as well as Ron Zook and LES Miles. Heacock and Bollman have got to go or all 3, for the better sake of our football program. There's no excusefor getting blown out with the talent we've had on the sidelines in these big games ( see the Henton non-visibile game plan in Nat'l Champ).

That being said, this is ANOTHER big game for us on the national stage and USC will not let up just as last year if they jump out to a quick lead.
grin.gif

there's gonna be plenty of "Victory" sign waving on saturday
pimp.gif

USC_Song_Girls.jpg
usc-song-girls.jpeg

usc_cheer.jpg

and "Tribute to Troy" is gonna be on repeat all day
roll.gif

i'm an ASU guy and usc still runs things in the pac-10
mad.gif
... but gottarepresent the pac-10!!!
pimp.gif

hey buckeyes, sloopy ain't gonna have anything to hang on to
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

usc - 31
ohio state - 13

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

laugh.gif

SMH......

get outta here with that mess.... Go ask The Ohio State athletic dept about those big paydays Ohio State got for all those Fiesta Bowls, and the National Championships they went to....Ill be the 1st to say Ohio State has not stepped up in the big games, and it all started with the beat down UF gave us in the 2006 title game.. tress was 4-1 going into that game in BCS bowl games, so stop with all that mess about him not being able to win in the big games.(and a few big wins over scUM and against Texas)....

If Ohio State beats SC this year, those games will be forgotten. because Ohio State will have an inside track to the title game if they dont get upset in any games, and they win at Penn St. UF imo is the best team in the nation, and will go undefeated... I dont see them losing a game. I think Texas drops one game, so we will see what happens...

I dont like SC as a team.. never have because they were usually always the opp. vs the big ten champs in the Rose Bowl when I was growing up as a kid.. So I always rooted against them...

with that said, I respect all that PC has down at SC... he ALWAYS has a top recruiting class, ALWAYS has his teams ready to play in the big games, and IMO USC would benefit the MOST from a playoff... Their bugaboo has always been losing to teams they have no business losing to.

My thoughts on the Game... Ohio State will play 10xs better than this past Saturday. They will be aggressive, and that will allow TP to do his thing.. .the thing I think both teams will do and Should do... is make the young QB's win with their arms... which is scary thinking about that because how much of a bum R.Anderson looked Sat. But I rather make the young QB throw the ball with pressure down his neck all game in from of over 105k fans, then have SC give it to one of their 15 5-star recruits or how many ever they have... Our O looked better, TP looked like a much better passer, it was just the D that let us down...not to mention the dumb move by tress to play Bouserman in the middle of the 2nd.. let TP dismantle Navy, then let Joe get his PT at the end of the game....

my prediction...

Ohio State- 35
USC -31

I hope its one heck of a game...!!!!

GO BUCKEYES.!!!!!!!!!!
I hope we beat SC
pimp.gif

I feel u made some good points I jus dont feel Tressel as of late I hope he coaches a great game Saturday

Originally Posted by SithLord22

En Route to Columbus for some tail gate action as I type this. Go Trojans!
pimp.gif

Lucky Dog..!!!!! Hope u have a blast.. until the final score has Ohio State winning..!!!! ha

pimp.gif

I hope you got vaccinated for all kinds of skanky and douchey diseases.

Originally Posted by What up

pimp.gif

I hope you got vaccinated for all kinds of skanky and douchey diseases.

laugh.gif
Yeah I used to live in Columbus for work so I know how all that goes!I'm prepared!

Originally Posted by khoanizi

there's gonna be plenty of "Victory" sign waving on saturday
pimp.gif

USC_Song_Girls.jpg
usc-song-girls.jpeg

usc_cheer.jpg

and "Tribute to Troy" is gonna be on repeat all day
roll.gif

i'm an ASU guy and usc still runs things in the pac-10
mad.gif
... but gotta represent the pac-10!!!
pimp.gif