**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Century Link is usually lit for Sounder matches, you guys really don't think it'll be loud for a USMNT match in a tournament that actually matters? The environment will be crazy.

That handball though 
mean.gif
  Colombia is going to punish them.
smokin.gif

If we win Thursday we will most likely face messi in the semi R.I.P.... We won't go down without putting up a fight!!!!

I am not afraid of Messi. Hes good, but hes no Maradona. We can take it to them and win :smokin

Lets get thru Ecuador first.....

Yeah Ecuador is the focus. Getting past them and into the semis would be fantastic; nothing to lose, everything to win could make us a dangerous team. But Ecuador first.

Probably Orozco

Maybe Castillo at LB and slide Johnson to RB?

Sidenote, got off the phone with my boss and ya I can't get Thursday off |I :lol: :lol:

I do hope Seattle packs the house, no closed off empty section bs sell out. I wanna see a legit sell out of a pro American crowd.

Pls do this for us, one time Seattle.

^^^I see you in the regular soccer thread gassing up Mexico though. Sup with that??? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I want to see 70K in the emerald city. So we can get this win :nthat:

Probably Orozco

Maybe Castillo at LB and slide Johnson to RB?

This is what I was thinking originally but I'm torn, I'm a fan of Castillo's game but I have concerns about his ability to contain Valencia attacking down Ecuador's right side. P

Plus between the two in Johnson and Castillo, you get a lot going forward but you're pretty suspect defensively at both outside back positions.

Orozco is a more than capable defender but doesn't offer anything at all going forward.

I'm actually leaning towards wanting to see Zusi at RB. He's a natural right side attacking player who will provide some excellent service but I think he can also handle the defensive responsibilities.

Bet money we see Orozco.

Last edited:
my best friend is Mexican. i honestly don't hate them or anything. US v Mexico, i'll root for the US 10 out 10 times. but i don't feel the need to hate on Mexico's soccer team. so i can see RCK's stance. he probably has homies that are Mexican up where he's at too.

Rck is an honorary Hermano to el tri
You though, I don't know who's mans you are

All good. I am half Mexican, but never root for el tri. My hate for them stems from when I was a kid and saw they would always beat us up. I said one day we will beat those overrated premadonas. They always got hyped up to make some noise in any tournament and they would just choke. Up until recently (99 confederations cup. 2 under cups and gold medal) have they finally won anything. Finally the Fanbased of US born mexispazzos always talking crap on us when they been playing soccer longer than us and never won a WC.

All good. I am half Mexican, but never root for el tri. My hate for them stems from when I was a kid and saw they would always beat us up. I said one day we will beat those overrated premadonas. They always got hyped up to make some noise in any tournament and they would just choke. Up until recently (99 confederations cup. 2 under cups and gold medal) have they finally won anything. Finally the Fanbased of US born mexispazzos always talking crap on us when they been playing soccer longer than us and never won a WC.
tbh

for the longest time I had hate for all things El Tri, in hindsight it probably bordered on being irrational or unhealthy in terms of fandom 
laugh.gif

Your last point used to be what I would grasp at and hold against El Tri the most, but what changed for me was when the 2014 Winter Olympics came around and I found that I was 100% all in on the Canadian hockey team (I was born there) and it was then that I kinda saw the plight that I assume most US born El Tri fans face... that compounded with the experience of the 2015 Confed Playoff at the Rose Bowl and interacting with many groups that were split with both USMNT and El Tri in their tailgates opened my eyes to deciding on who you support based on your upbringing and heritage's history in the sport is a much more complex issue that can't be decided in simple black and white terms, and certainly not for me to hold against them.

Sure, some of the rhetoric I hear from US born El Tri fans bug me, but whatever we all say dumb things.

Hell, just a few weeks ago at Levi's stadium US v Colombia, while meandering thru the parking lot tailgates I encountered many fans repping El Tri and when I spoke to them 100% of them said they were rooting for the US in the match. And that seriously blew my mind, it was really cool to talk to em and kinda see where they're coming from on this.

Now, I don't hate El Tri.

I kinda view them like I do the Warriors, acknowledge that they are better (yall can argue how much better they are or aren't) than the USMNT and that doesn't really bother me tbh. I just appreciate seeing good football now, and certainly they're style of play is something I hope we can duplicate or advance towards.

And when we play them, I hope we rise to the occasion and beat em.

tbh

for the longest time I had hate for all things El Tri, in hindsight it probably bordered on being irrational or unhealthy in terms of fandom :lol:

Your last point used to be what I would grasp at and hold against El Tri the most, but what changed for me was when the 2014 Winter Olympics came around and I found that I was 100% all in on the Canadian hockey team (I was born there) and it was then that I kinda saw the plight that I assume most US born El Tri fans face... that compounded with the experience of the 2015 Confed Playoff at the Rose Bowl and interacting with many groups that were split with both USMNT and El Tri in their tailgates opened my eyes to deciding on who you support based on your upbringing and heritage's history in the sport is a much more complex issue that can't be decided in simple black and white terms, and certainly not for me to hold against them.

Sure, some of the rhetoric I hear from US born El Tri fans bug me, but whatever we all say dumb things.

Hell, just a few weeks ago at Levi's stadium US v Colombia, while meandering thru the parking lot tailgates I encountered many fans repping El Tri and when I spoke to them 100% of them said they were rooting for the US in the match. And that seriously blew my mind, it was really cool to talk to em and kinda see where they're coming from on this.

Now, I don't hate El Tri.

I kinda view them like I do the Warriors, acknowledge that they are better (yall can argue how much better they are or aren't) than the USMNT and that doesn't really bother me tbh. I just appreciate seeing good football now, and certainly they're style of play is something I hope we can duplicate or advance towards.

And when we play them, I hope we rise to the occasion and beat em.

I agree with you 100%

Maybe if we start winning on a consistent basis, some of the US born mexi-spazzos will root for us as well. :tongue:

laugh.gif
 if the USMNT was better that'd certainly help with not only getting more Mexican-American's on the US's side but it'd help with the overall growth and popularity of the game here in the states

guys, I am so nervous for tomorrows match
ohwell.gif

NBA finals or fake Copa America? [emoji]128579[/emoji]

I'm so conflicted man. I was solo in Belgrade, Serbia at 6:00am when the Warriors won it last summer, really felt like it didn't even happen.

No we got the USA in a Copa quarter final at the exact same time as game 6 this year? :smh:

Probably end up watching alone again while the Dubs win it so I can dual screen in peace. :frown:

Last edited:
I always forget about the 2013 Finals cuz I was in England 
laugh.gif

I still remembering having to stay up late in Amsterdam so I could listen to the damn draft via the Grant Napear show 
roll.gif

Plus the Confederations cup was that summer and it was in Brazil so it was in a completely different timezone than Europe. 

Trying to follow sports that summer had me all sorts of backwards 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom