**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Bruce knows what he's doing. He's been here before (obviously) and knows the players. Now is not the time for an experimental hire. Now's not the time to bring in someone entirely new to the USSoccer system. There's not time here for a learning curve. I have no issue bringing Bruce in to right the ship and qualify for 18, then move on to a different manager for the actual WC (if we qualify). But I don't think we have enough time to bring someone who's completely new to US Soccer.

100% AGREE WITH YOU OG..:smokin

:lol:  you catch that interview with Rog?? it was $$$

He did an interview with Rog from MIB? I'll have to try & find that.

No I didn't see that interview. I'm just familiar with Pareja's story. I can't imagine going to La Catedral to play Escobar & his men making sure not to show him up while also trying to play well as he requested.

laugh.gif
 you catch that interview with Rog?? it was $$$
He did an interview with Rog from MIB? I'll have to try & find that.

No I didn't see that interview. I'm just familiar with Pareja's story. I can't imagine going to La Catedral to play Escobar & his men making sure not to show him up while also trying to play well as he requested.
Ya man, it was from like two weeks ago or so. It was really good, he touched on Escobar for a bit.

And you get a really solid feel for his philosophy on the sports specifically in America and developing the youth that is here.

Its good stuff.

SonofTony, I have to disagree. We have the talent. We just had a manger who continued to A) call in players who shouldn't have been called in or B) playing players completely out of position where you couldn't get the best out of them.

There is absolutely NO reason why Jermaine Jones should've started both WCQ games over Sacha. NONE. he played what, 2 or 3 full 90s prior to those matches, while Sacha was an MLS MVP finalist? That's just one of SEVERAL examples of JK either not knowing what the hell he's doing, or being too stupid/ stubborn to admit he completely sh*t the bed on the line up. Matt Besler at left-back?! FOH.

Thank you for your service, but we got it from here...

Exacly. I dont like people saying "ohh we dont have the players" Compare to a couple of years ago, we do now. I know no Donovan, no Demps, but we have some really good players playing in great leagues around the world. Klinsy keep to his stubborn ways and would bring players that did not deserve to be there or did no merit a call up.

I am all in on Arena. He knows how to get the best from his players. He knows the system. He got us to a round of 16 against Germany.

I love this guy. This podcast reaffirms what I've come to discover about Peraja.

Listen to this podcast & tell me this guy isn't the one.

JK really wore out his reign the last 2 years
He had it coming

Last edited:
I don't want arena to be hired for a couple of reasons, one of which is something I've already stated. It's a step back & a retread hire. It's almost like an interim hire.

I'd rather not do that. I'd like the next hire to be someone that can take the program on the necessary step(s) to put the program moving in the right direction. JK unfortunately didn't do that.

Just making it the the WC is a vanity goal because the team would likely not get far with arena at the helm. I'd rather get the program up & running so we can make a meaningful run in a WC & that's going to take playing the younger players now & playing them in positions where they can thrive & excel in.

I was big fans of Deuce, Bradley, Bessler, & my MD boy Kyle mother effing Berckerman but it's time to move on from these vets.

Under gulati, this program has stagnated, It's time we hired someone to get the program jumping forward whoever that might be. arena is not that. He's a stop gap & I don't want that.

Last edited:
Looks like it's gonna be Arena who gets hired. There were whispers about this after the loss against Costa Rica.
Someone being used as a stop gap is not what the US needs for the bigger picture. But I get it, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. I get it but I don't agree with it.

What I said in the other footy thread: It's so much more than just the national team. US soccer needs a overhaul from the youth level and all the way up to the top. JK did get the ball moving on that but it always seemed that USSF was dragging their legs. Expansion teams was at the top of their list. Hopefully the new technical director (idk if the new coach will take that position) will continue moving forward and make the changes necessary.

Looks like it's gonna be Arena who gets hired. There were whispers about this after the loss against Costa Rica.
Someone being used as a stop gap is not what the US needs for the bigger picture. But I get it, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. I get it but I don't agree with it.
well said, I think this is kind of the reaction from most 

well said, I think this is kind of the reaction from most 
Biggest problem I have is that we know what we're getting, and we're not getting someone who will take the US to a new height. Klinsmann did what he could, he even extended our network and brought in some great players. But his time was up. Arenas time ended 6 years ago, and even though he should get us to the WC, I never doubted Jurgen wouldn't either (but we knew he hit his ceiling here).

While I'm just relieved Klinsmann is gone, I wouldn't have personally sacrificed him for Arena. Hope I'm wrong and Bruce cab prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Bruce..Now I am confident we can get thru the hex. Its funny reading comments on other boards, about the hex. Oh yeah we still going to the world cup or its not hard because there are 3 and 1/2 spots. Cmon man, if you follow qualifiying for the longest, you know nothing is guaranteed or given. You have to earn every point , as Mexico prove in the last HEX.

Which young players will get a fair shake with Bruce? I want to see a big influx of youth. Nagbe back, CCV, Gooch, Nguyen, Hamid etc. Jones and Bradley can't control the midfield anymore, and certainly not in 2 years. Sacha would be a good stop gap imo for the rest of this WC cycle until we can grow someone to be the long term, anchor option that Bradley's been.

I really hope Nagbe would get consideration now that JK is out of the pic. Also like to see a fellow Asian breh in Nguyen play to. I thought he played well the few times he got to play.

Back
Top Bottom