**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Man yall need to chill with the doom and gloom. :lol:

We lost a game... for the first time in many months.

We played bad... it is what it is, we've played fairly well recently.

Three games to go, we need to come away with more points than Costa Rica in that span, it's put up or shut up.

If you don't believe that we can put up, I don't know what to say.

If we don't put up, we don't deserve to go to Russia.

Tbh the path in which the USMNT has taken since the start of the hex has been the path of doom and gloom

in some ways, I think the reaction is warranted

The path we've taken since the start of the Hex?

Nah, that's choosing to be negative, that's choosing to be a defeatist. Maybe you didn't mean anything by it, but language matters to me.

There's a world of difference between saying the USMNT started the hex on a path of doom and gloom, and the USMNT has taken a path of doom and gloom since the start of the Hex.

The former is an accurate statement, the latter doesn't take into account reality. We were undefeated in 14 matches since match day 2 of the hex when we fired our coach last November.

We played really bad last night, let's get over ourselves.

it's only warranted if you expect guys like Pulisic and Cameron (and the usually reliable) to perform like they did yesterday going forward as well, which i don't expect. we're still VERY MUCH alive in this thing. i fully expect us to take care of business

We started on a path of doom and gloom, and now after this non result at home where we almost assuredly needed 3, we are right back in the doom and gloom hole.

can it be made up? Yes.

Am I confident in our bounce back ability on the road to pick up 3? No not entirely and idk why that is anything but realism.

I don't want to sound like I'm overreacting or anything, but yeah, I think it was very much agreed we couldn't lose points last night. We're not catching CR or Mexico on points now. If we have one more game like last night we might very well be looking at having to win a playoff game to get into Russia.

There's no denying the importance of last night's game or our placement in the standings, but to say it's been doom and gloom since the start of the Hex just isn't a statement rooted in reality. That's my only point.

If we play like we did last night again, we don't deserve automatic qualification.

Eh maybe I misstated what I meant, certainly after April's WCQ we were out of the doom and gloom hole.

But I'm just saying, after last night we are right back in it. I can only imagine what the reaction will be if we drop all 3 on Tuesday.

The ref screwing us on two Penalty calls doesn't take away the fact that we still can't finish. I hope we address the back line as well. We'll bounce back next match.

Yo what channel is the game on tomorrow??? I don't have BeIN and I don't see it listed on any of the spanish channels :ohwell:

We look up for it.

Beasley and Zusi scare me to death on the outside.

Hope Bruce didn't **** up the CB pairing both games.

Paired the first string guy with the third string guy on Friday.

Today he over reacts and pairs the two second string guys together.

Hope it doesn't cost us, should have been Besler x Cameron from the jump.

Back
Top Bottom