Official V Thread S2 EP 10 "Mother's Day" 3/15/11

I just read this on wiki...

Four episodes of V will be aired in November 2009, and the series will be resumed in March 2010 after the 2010 Winter Olympics to complete its 13 episode season.[sup][4][/sup] ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson said, "We always intended to break the show up into 'pods' to make it more of an event."[sup][4]
[/sup]

smh.gif
Kinda like Lost a few years ago...

Falcon4567 wrote:
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...I refuse to spoil my memory of the original V's greatness with this reboot.
The acting, SFX, plot and overall feel of the original was subpar even by 70s-80s TV miniseries standards. This is subpar by glossed up post BSG-Lost prime time sci-fi TV series standards.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

��

Originally Posted by s dubl

damn remember this when I was a kid....I see it now on the sci fi channel and it sucks now
laugh.gif

I'll check it out, but not expecting much out of it.
wasn't expecting much, but just watched it since I didn't last night.

this remake still gave me the creepy feeling about the vistors.

they did a good job so far recreating the feel to the original one.

I never watched the first one, but this one was a pretty good start.

I dunno how long I'll stay interested especially with that tool Scott Wolf on it, but we'll see. Not much else on tuesday's except Laker games onfan night.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I never watched the first one, but this one was a pretty good start.

I dunno how long I'll stay interested especially with that tool Scott Wolf on it, but we'll see. Not much else on tuesday's except Laker games on fan night.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

that's why I missed it last night....too preoccupied with the Lakers then completely forgot about watching it.

it's a good thing that Scott Wolf isn't a main character, mostly everyone has gotten equal time, but I also hope we don't see too much of him.

I hope Morris Chestnut *edit* his character* dies soon.....I hate seeing that guy try to "act"...its so painful.

[h1]ABC's 'V' lands with bigbang[/h1]
November 4, 2009 | 10:24 am

They came. They saw. They sort of conquered.

ABC's remake of "V" got off to a strong start Tuesday night. The series, which will run through November and then return in March, came in second to CBS's juggernaut "NCIS" in viewers with 13.9 million tuning in, but easily won the 8-9 p.m. hour in the 18-49 demographic with a 5.0 rating, which translates to about 6.6 million people. (Each rating point in the 18-49 demographic equals 1.3 million people.)

The audience and the 18-49 demographic performance for "V" almost tripled from what ABC usually averages with the reality show "Shark Tank" in that time slot. The show, about aliens who seem friendly when they come to Earth seeking water but actually have ulterior motives, built its audience in the second half-hour, which is generally a good sign that interest in the show held throughout the episode.

There was not much of a trickle-down effect from "V" for the rest of ABC's lineup. "Dancing With the Stars" averaged 14.5 million viewers and finished third in adults 18-49 with a 3.1 rating, and "The Forgotten" was forgotten about, drawing 7.6 million viewers and tied NBC's "Jay Leno" with a 2.0 in adults 18-49.

Thanks to the "NCIS" franchise, CBS won the night in viewers with 15.6 million and 18-49 with a 3.4 rating. ABC was second with 12 million viewers and a 3.0 rating. NBC averaged 8 million viewers and a 3.0 rating, while a baseball-less Fox came crashing back down to Earth with 6 million viewers and 2.4 in adults 18-49.

For history buffs: We did a little digging (actually, we called ratings guru Tom Bierbaum at NBC) and found that the premiere episode of the original on NBC in 1983 scored a 25.4 rating, which translates to about 21.2 million households. That would, we're guessing probably translate to more than 40 million viewers but we're not scientists. Keep in mind, this was before people meters and demographic information and even cable. Ah, those were the days.

I didn't realize this was going up against NCIS.
laugh.gif

V doesn't have much hope, especially with it taking a 3 month hiatus, that'll lose me quicker then @#$%

Looks like I'll stick to Friday Night Lights and Heroes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I didn't realize this was going up against NCIS.
laugh.gif

V doesn't have much hope, especially with it taking a 3 month hiatus, that'll lose me quicker then @#$%

Looks like I'll stick to Friday Night Lights and Heroes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
March? what a tease.......i guess that will give people enough time to watch the original one at their own pace.

BTW the pilot episode is now officially online at abc.com (you have to install their plugin)

http://abc.go.com/watch/v/240273/240461/pilot

I thought it was pretty good.
I never seen the og, can I get a link to a site that's playing it, if any?
Juliet/Erica
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I thought it was pretty good.
I never seen the og, can I get a link to a site that's playing it, if any?
Juliet/Erica
pimp.gif
dvd is less than $10

some tense moments there when the Father Landry and Agent Evans were being grilled the day after...

when Anna hung up on Decker before he got continue the convo further
laugh.gif

Morris Chestnut's girlfriend must be a pretty bad psychologist or just torn deep inside bc of her man who's hiding things.

Back
Top Bottom