Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by quik1987

Also did Victor Ortiz really get hit that hard? He couldn't make the standing count?
i think he clearly gave up. he went down and stayed there.
Not sure if srs.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I'm a fan of boxing and at this point there is no reason to watch mayweather 'till he fights PAC.

It'd be like if Ali ducked Frazier, if Hearns-Leonard never happened, like Liston-Patterson. was somehow never made.

Originally Posted by Jeff Garcia Jr

is it far fetched to say this fight was fixed? that whole sequence looked wwf to me. i see people making a big deal over who was right or wrong and taking sides, i dont have a dog in this fight, but no one thought some deeper shenanigans were at play here? that was the most deliberate headbutt ive seen and it came after some decent pressure by ortiz, why would he do that? screw loose? and then all the shenanigans that followed it..... kissing? open season on your face? cortez vietnam flashback? i mean this fight was looking like the biggest test for floyd since DLH.... if he is really going to fight pacman this fight was a good warmup. floyd was on his way to a UD at least but i think it wouldve turned out to be a good test for floyd. which is why i dont blame him for ending it early like he did... why jeopardize the megafight vs pac when you got a hungry 24 year old in front of you? but then that plays into the fix. either ortiz really is that dumb or he is on the fun. 
qft

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Also did Victor Ortiz really get hit that hard? He couldn't make the standing count?
im pretty sure in fight you know youre gonna get hit in the jaw.  when youre not in fighting mode mentally, and get rocked twice...
he was out of it in the first punch...zombie status
agree 

Originally Posted by Jeff Garcia Jr

is it far fetched to say this fight was fixed? that whole sequence looked wwf to me. i see people making a big deal over who was right or wrong and taking sides, i dont have a dog in this fight, but no one thought some deeper shenanigans were at play here? that was the most deliberate headbutt ive seen and it came after some decent pressure by ortiz, why would he do that? screw loose? and then all the shenanigans that followed it..... kissing? open season on your face? cortez vietnam flashback? i mean this fight was looking like the biggest test for floyd since DLH.... if he is really going to fight pacman this fight was a good warmup. floyd was on his way to a UD at least but i think it wouldve turned out to be a good test for floyd. which is why i dont blame him for ending it early like he did... why jeopardize the megafight vs pac when you got a hungry 24 year old in front of you? but then that plays into the fix. either ortiz really is that dumb or he is on the fun. 
qft

im pretty sure in fight you know youre gonna get hit in the jaw.  when youre not in fighting mode mentally, and get rocked twice...
he was out of it in the first punch...zombie status
agree 

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I'm a fan of boxing and at this point there is no reason to watch mayweather 'till he fights PAC.

It'd be like if Ali ducked Frazier, if Hearns-Leonard never happened, like Liston-Patterson. was somehow never made.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

I hope Mayweather suffers some kind of career ending injury. The dude is honestly is a piece of $@#$. The bar I was at which was 95% pro Mayweather went nuts. Dude were legit about to burn the place down in anger. Most unprofessional moment I've ever witnessed in sports.
30t6p3b.gif

^^

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Dude's just a quitter and quitter's don't change
lol imagine you give someone a hug and then they just suddenly deck you in the face twice. Anyone would be floored.

WE NEED A SCUMBAG MAYWEATHER MEME NOW!

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

I hope Mayweather suffers some kind of career ending injury. The dude is honestly is a piece of $@#$. The bar I was at which was 95% pro Mayweather went nuts. Dude were legit about to burn the place down in anger. Most unprofessional moment I've ever witnessed in sports.
30t6p3b.gif

^^

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Dude's just a quitter and quitter's don't change
lol imagine you give someone a hug and then they just suddenly deck you in the face twice. Anyone would be floored.

WE NEED A SCUMBAG MAYWEATHER MEME NOW!

Originally Posted by petermans

Honestly, shouldve Mayweather back off for a few? Yes. Was he wrong for not doing so? No. No one in Ortiz's camp stood up and said anything about it; nor did Ortiz. Plain and simple, the ref was at fault.
or it was fixed.  the "acting" happening everywhere seemed unusual to me.  they should have been angrier than they were.  
We were all saying that maybe son was just happy to be going home a multi millionaire based off off this one short fight?

I dunno, I just have this suspiscion that if roles were reversed everyones reaction would not have been the same. I'm probably overthinking it though.

Originally Posted by petermans

Honestly, shouldve Mayweather back off for a few? Yes. Was he wrong for not doing so? No. No one in Ortiz's camp stood up and said anything about it; nor did Ortiz. Plain and simple, the ref was at fault.
or it was fixed.  the "acting" happening everywhere seemed unusual to me.  they should have been angrier than they were.  
We were all saying that maybe son was just happy to be going home a multi millionaire based off off this one short fight?

I dunno, I just have this suspiscion that if roles were reversed everyones reaction would not have been the same. I'm probably overthinking it though.

so after catching a balrog headbutt; how many hugs, daps, and kisses is floyd supposed to wait around for before he's allowed to throw a punch?

ortiz should've had his guard up - the first couple hugs and apologies were enough. son didn't even protest the outcome, he knows he goofed. live and learn.

42-0.

so after catching a balrog headbutt; how many hugs, daps, and kisses is floyd supposed to wait around for before he's allowed to throw a punch?

ortiz should've had his guard up - the first couple hugs and apologies were enough. son didn't even protest the outcome, he knows he goofed. live and learn.

42-0.

Spot on. Had Ortiz hit Floyd twice, World War 3 & 4 would have ensued.

Victor showing hes not mentally ready to be a champion
30t6p3b.gif
so whats next for him? Berto rematch? Im sure his stock has dropped considerably now.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

30t6p3b.gif
You would've thought he KO'd your grandmother son
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I'm Cuban and I live in my Miami bro. There's two things you don't mess with us about, boxing and baseball.

P.S. I do place this sport above my grandma.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom