Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by quik1987

Also did Victor Ortiz really get hit that hard? He couldn't make the standing count?
When you get hit with two flush punches like that, it can K.O anyone.
The fact he wasn't expecting it either was major factor.

Also did Victor Ortiz really get hit that hard? He couldn't make the standing count?
You get hit twice with 2 clean & hard shots. Add to that the fact that he wasn't expecting it, very few people, if any, are getting up within the 10 count.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
at the way this fight ended.

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

I hope Mayweather suffers some kind of career ending injury. The dude is honestly is a piece of $@#$. The bar I was at which was 95% pro Mayweather went nuts. Dude were legit about to burn the place down in anger. Most unprofessional moment I've ever witnessed in sports.
30t6p3b.gif

Maybe I am not following, but the hit was legal right? Legal AND unprofessional? Or are you just hating?

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

I hope Mayweather suffers some kind of career ending injury. The dude is honestly is a piece of $@#$. The bar I was at which was 95% pro Mayweather went nuts. Dude were legit about to burn the place down in anger. Most unprofessional moment I've ever witnessed in sports.
30t6p3b.gif

Maybe I am not following, but the hit was legal right? Legal AND unprofessional? Or are you just hating?

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

I've seen many men get put to sleep in this situation.

Originally Posted by petermans

Honestly, shouldve Mayweather back off for a few? Yes. Was he wrong for not doing so? No. No one in Ortiz's camp stood up and said anything about it; nor did Ortiz. Plain and simple, the ref was at fault.
or it was fixed.  the "acting" happening everywhere seemed unusual to me.  they should have been angrier than they were.  

Originally Posted by petermans

Honestly, shouldve Mayweather back off for a few? Yes. Was he wrong for not doing so? No. No one in Ortiz's camp stood up and said anything about it; nor did Ortiz. Plain and simple, the ref was at fault.
or it was fixed.  the "acting" happening everywhere seemed unusual to me.  they should have been angrier than they were.  

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i think he clearly gave up. he went down and stayed there.

Dude's just a quitter and quitter's don't change
GTFOOHWTBS

Getting hit with two FLUSH punches and not even EXPECTING it, I don't blame him for not being able to get up.

GTFOOHWTBS

Getting hit with two FLUSH punches and not even EXPECTING it, I don't blame him for not being able to get up.

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

I've seen many men get put to sleep in this situation.

is it far fetched to say this fight was fixed? that whole sequence looked wwf to me. i see people making a big deal over who was right or wrong and taking sides, i dont have a dog in this fight, but no one thought some deeper shenanigans were at play here? that was the most deliberate headbutt ive seen and it came after some decent pressure by ortiz, why would he do that? screw loose? and then all the shenanigans that followed it..... kissing? open season on your face? cortez vietnam flashback? i mean this fight was looking like the biggest test for floyd since DLH.... if he is really going to fight pacman this fight was a good warmup. floyd was on his way to a UD at least but i think it wouldve turned out to be a good test for floyd. which is why i dont blame him for ending it early like he did... why jeopardize the megafight vs pac when you got a hungry 24 year old in front of you? but then that plays into the fix. either ortiz really is that dumb or he is on the fun. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I always stated by the end of this year the fight will be in order. I am ready to eat my words if need be, but I think it's going down. 
pimp.gif
i agree. at some point the hype for this fight wont be what it is now. there's only so long they can hold out for that payday before people start to lose interest. its already getting annoying that they haven't put it together already. i dont want to see this fight when they're out of their prime.

Let's see both of you get up from those 2 punches.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I always stated by the end of this year the fight will be in order. I am ready to eat my words if need be, but I think it's going down. 
pimp.gif
i agree. at some point the hype for this fight wont be what it is now. there's only so long they can hold out for that payday before people start to lose interest. its already getting annoying that they haven't put it together already. i dont want to see this fight when they're out of their prime.

Back
Top Bottom