***Official Wale Thread*** #MoreAboutNothing tape Drops Tomorrow

Best Buy in midtown Manhattan only had 5 copies.

I still don't understand why a video and a push for "Pretty Girls" was never made...

And Pretty Girls with a Black Thought verse sounded so smooth...let's get the remix poppin!!!!!

efqyw.jpg

Copped yesterday, got the last out of the 3 cds in there. Interscope messed up tho, like the tour with jay, constant interviews, performance helped but novideo for inhibitions or Pretty Girls. I'll think he'll sell about 35,000 first week. Honestly the album was decent 7/10. Mama Told Me, Truimph, andBeautiful Bliss were my fav joints. I just copped out of support for dude since he put out all those mixtapes which I'm still playing.

Originally Posted by rhester

Here is the link to download the "Pretty Girls" Jimmy Fallon Preformance audio...

It's real smooth with The Roots as the band and Black Thought has a verse on the track...

http://www.ddotomen.com/2...-show-pretty-girls-live/
That was too smooth.

This track still has legs in my opinion, they need to shoot a video ASAP.

Bad joints in a Go-Go no bells and wacky whistles. Get it done, Mark, Jimmy, Wale, whoever.

[h2]Wale Got Nuttin' But Love For Solange[/h2]Wednesday, November 11 2009 12:23 PM EST | Posted by: B.Dot | Posted in: Blog, Newsstand Stan

In the November issue of Honey, Wale pins his heart on his sleeve for Beyoncé's baby sis.

"I do love her," he admits of Solange, flashing a Cheshire. "We're friends. She's . She's a good person. Any single mother contributing to society the way she does - I got a lot of love for them. She's got to do a lot on her own and raise a young black man in this day and age so my hat goes off to her. She's definitely an anomaly. And the way she can do that and manage to do the same things that I complain about having to do."

His affection is as obvious as a set of flushed cheeks. And impossibly adorable. Wale, the former mixtape rapper from inner city DC, is borderline giddy. "Did you interview Solange about me?" Wale asks. He's sprawled across his bed; head practically buried in the pillow. "Did she smile when you mentioned my name?"

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

[h2]Wale Got Nuttin' But Love For Solange[/h2]Wednesday, November 11 2009 12:23 PM EST | Posted by: B.Dot | Posted in: Blog, Newsstand Stan

In the November issue of Honey, Wale pins his heart on his sleeve for Beyoncé's baby sis.

"I do love her," he admits of Solange, flashing a Cheshire. "We're friends. She's . She's a good person. Any single mother contributing to society the way she does - I got a lot of love for them. She's got to do a lot on her own and raise a young black man in this day and age so my hat goes off to her. She's definitely an anomaly. And the way she can do that and manage to do the same things that I complain about having to do."

His affection is as obvious as a set of flushed cheeks. And impossibly adorable. Wale, the former mixtape rapper from inner city DC, is borderline giddy. "Did you interview Solange about me?" Wale asks. He's sprawled across his bed; head practically buried in the pillow. "Did she smile when you mentioned my name?"

awww.
embarassed.gif

the roots suck at trying to imitate Go-Go lmao

but that riq gees verse was CCRRRRAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYYYY

They cut the track "Letters ft John Mayer" for this "Let It Loose" garbage? That Pharrell track is trash dookie. Sounds like a Neptunesthrow away beat.

Album + leaked tracks = Señor Piffinstein
pimp.gif

-The Juice

Wait a minute when did Solange become a single mother? Last I recall some HS FB player knocked him up and with her riches there's no logical reason toditch her.

Wale talkin like the father is not in the picture.

I tell this broad from the DMV that J. Cole murked Wale on his track then she goes on some rant about go-go and other wild %@#$
eyes.gif

I don't even %@%* with go-go like that

Album is nice though

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Wait a minute when did Solange become a single mother? Last I recall some HS FB player knocked him up and with her riches there's no logical reason to ditch her.

Wale talkin like the father is not in the picture.

Solange and BD split up a while back...thats old news..so is she...gonna give the album a listen tonite...

1. Triumph (Produced By Dave Sitek)
Good way to start out... Flow is on point, track is nice... Had some Coming To America drums in there
4/5

2. Mama Told Me (Produced By Best Kept Secret)
Another nice go-go joint... He gets a lil introspective on this joint, while he attempts to claim his spot within the hip hop landscape...
4/5

3. Mirror Feat. Bun B (Produced By Mark Ronson)
Production is nice on this joint, chorus is kinda corny tho... Bun B comes through with a strong verse... Wale does his thing, this is the recordwhere they question the state of hip hop... Can't front it comes out good
3.5/5

4. Pretty Girls Feat. Gucci Mane & Weensey (Produced By Best Kept Secret)
They need to shoot a video for this joint... This has really grown on me since the first time I heard it... The only way to make this Gucci Manefeature make any type of sense, they'd have to shoot a video and promote the hell out of this... Other than that, they could've got someone bettersuited for this joint
4/5

5. World Tour Feat. Jazmine Sullivan (Produced By Cool & Dre)
Pretty good... They may have over did it a lil bit tho with the hook & bridge... @ the end of the day it was worth it.
3.5/5

6. Let It Loose Feat. Pharrel (Produced By The Neptunes)
Not understandin the hate this joint is gettin... Much like "World Tour" they over did it with the hook & bridge, other than that...This #!++ is smooth as hell... I like how he switched up the flow a lil bit... Hopefully this is a single and they shoot a video or somethin for it, I can seethis joint makin a lil noise
4.5/5

7. 90210 (Produced By Mark Ronson)
This joint is aight... This is like "White Girl Lost"
3/5

8. Shades Feat. Chrisette Michelle (Produced By Best Kept Secret & JuJu)
Thought provoking... Basically talkin about the different shades of black's skin and some of the stereotypes associated... I always thoughtlight skinned Ns was outta style for the longest... Glad he made this joint, tho I'm not really a HUGE fan of "Light skinned" chicks likethat...Its somethin that needed to be adressed in this day & age... The hook was kinda corny tho
4.5/5

9. Chillin Feat. Lady Gaga (Produced By Cool & Dre)
AWFUL... Switched up a lil from the video version, but that couldn't save this record.
1/5

10. TV In The Radio Feat K'Naan (Produced By Dave Sitek)
Somethin like "Mirrors" just not as good... Has a BDP sounding beat, not sure if its a sample or not... The chorus is kinda corny herealso...
3.5/5

11. Contemplate (Produced By Syience)
Not really feelin this joint...
2/5

12. Diary Feat. Marsha Ambrosious (Produced By The Sleepwalkers)
This the the black girl version of "90210"... A lot better tho... Marsha sounded like Faith Evans on this joint
4.5/5

13. Beautiful Bliss Feat. J. Cole & Melanie Fiona (Produced By Green Lantern & Mark Ronson)
Kind of overdid it with the hook... Sounds like some Ja Rule & Ashanti type #!++... J. Cole came through and did his thing. Wale did his aswell
4.25/5

14. Prescription (Produced Best Kept Secret)
Reminds me of the LAST track on "A Mixtape About Nothin"... This joint is nice... Real smooth
4.5/5

*Bonus Tracks*

15. My Sweetie (Produced By Apple Juice Kidd)
Being African, I can relate to this joint 100%... I can't believe he remixed this joint
laugh.gif
Used to hear this joint @ EVERY African party I was forced to attend as a kid
smh.gif

4/5

16. Center Of Attention (Produced By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
The angry D List celebrity joint... He gets alot of his chest... I liked it.
4/5

Its a good debut, not sure how many people will get the chance to even hear it @ this point... But this should satisfy the majority of Wale fans and I'msure he'll be gainin some new fans as long as Interscope pushes the product the right way (which they aren't so far)... I wish they used the"OGz" track with Travis, along with the joint with John Mayer... The Itunes bonus joints are pretty coo... "My Sweetie"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Stand Out Tracks:
Pretty Girls
Let It Loose
Shades
Diary
Beautiful Bliss
Prescription

Overall - 4/5

WAIT WAIT WAIT

for you non area bammas, just cause a beat has congo's on it doesn't mean its a gogo joint ok.

thanks

ESPN the Life interview:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/news/story?id=4640693

[h2]Wale has got our 'Attention'[/h2]

Comment Email Print >http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-i...licy: continuous;">Share </div><cite class= By Matthew Iles
Special to ESPN.com
Archive

The D.C.-based rapper Wale has been building momentum ever since he first hit the capital's radio waves back in 2006. With his numerous sportsreferences and two previous mixtapes titled "The Mixtape About Nothing" (which was inspired by the show "Seinfeld") and "Back to TheFeature," it's readily apparent through Wale's music that he's a sports and pop culture nut. But he also brings touchy political issues intosharp focus with his distinct perspective and wise lines.

[h4]Live chat with Wale on Wednesday[/h4]
Up-and-coming rapper Wale will answer your questions in a live chat at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday in SportsNation.

The Life caught up with Wale before Tuesday's release of his first studio album, "Attention Deficit," to discuss everything from lazy Sundayafternoons to the deepest, and even darkest, elements of his music.

The Life: You have punch lines throughout your music referencing Jeremy Shockey's trade to New Orleans and Byron Leftwich winning the Super Bowlas a backup last year. But I have to ask, just how closely do you follow the NFL?

Wale: I could probably tell you more things about the league than you could tell me. I could stump the Schwab.

The Life: So Sundays are a big day for you?

[+] Enlarge
Tim Mosenfelder/Getty ImagesWale's career is taking off, but it's not all great, because he's still a ******** fan.

Wale: Oh yeah. I try to chill out every Sunday and watch all the football. I'm just a big, big football fan. I can't let myteam's poor performance stop me from enjoying the only 19 weeks out of the year that's great every Sunday.

The Life: You're from D.C.; you represent D.C. big-time in your music. So it must be tough being a ******** fan right now. How have you handledthe season so far?

Wale: I can't say I've been too happy. I knew in Week 4 we weren't going to be so good this year. "Oh, we're playingDallas this week? So prepare for the worst." But I hope for the best, I hope for the best. But their offense just isn't clicking.

The Life: You also rap about being able to outdo Vince Young on the Wonderlic test.

Wale: [Laughs] I think I'm a bit sharper -- not trying to go at Vince -- I'm a bit sharper than some of the athletes. But we allthink we're a bit sharper than the athletes.

The Life: Judging from the names of your previous two mixtapes, it seems pretty obvious you're a big TV and movies guy, too. What are some ofyour favorites?

Wale: My theory is that I have so much drama already in my life, I don't need to get involved with that at the movies. I just want tolaugh. I don't want a movie to make me cry or scare me. I just want to laugh. "Coming to America," "I Love You, Man.""Friday," "Next Friday," "Friday After Next." Anything funny you know. I'm a big "Family Guy" fan, and "SouthPark," too. … ["Seinfeld" is] definitely one of my favorites.

[+] Enlarge
Kevin Mazur/Getty ImagesHowie Schwab, you've been challenged.

The Life: With the album, though, you decided to go with "Attention Deficit" instead of another play-on-words, pop culture reference. Sowhy "Attention Deficit?"

Wale: I just think people are really stingy with their attention spans, and what they're willing to pay attention to. People areelitist music snobs now. And rightfully so. Music over the last six years, there's only been a handful of good projects. Great projects, there's onlybeen a handful of great projects.

The Life: You have a song on called "The Kramer" [which uses Michael Richards' racist rant in 2006 as a launching point] thatseriously gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. With that song, as well as "Shades" [which focuses on intra-racial racism between dark-skinnedand light-skinned African-Americans] you've obviously made race and racism an important part of your material. You approach those issues differently thanmost artists, though.

Wale: Everything is from my heart. It's just the things that go through real peoples' lives. I'm not rich; I'm not famous,really. I'm just a kid from D.C. I enjoy the world with my friends, try to enjoy the world with my band. It's real situations and real people. It'sjust my analysis of life. I don't try to impress people. I just tell real stories and hope they relate to a wide audience. And I think they do.

The Life: In "The Kramer," you assign some blame to black people for letting their white friends get away with certain racist behavior. Idon't think that's the first explanation people necessarily jump to. Explain that point of view.

[+] Enlarge
Getty Images"Seinfeld" and its cast have been a great source of material for Wale.

Wale: I think it's more so shedding light on these things. One thing I never try to do is judge. People who judge are preachy and pointa finger when they got a lot of dirt themselves. I just try to shed a light on it. For example, I had a record called "Even If It's Wrong."It's about how a lot of girls in the D.C. area are turning gay early. I'm not judging, I was just shedding light on it. I just want to shed light.

The Life: You've been coming up since 2006. You've released several successful mixtapes, you were the in-house band at the VMAs, andyou're currently touring with Jay-Z. Now you're finally releasing your first studio album. How big is that?

Wale: It's like the biggest thing that's happened in my life. I'm anxious, scared, happy; it's a mixture of emotions. Everyemotion I could have is fighting for supremacy in my body. I really don't know if I'm happy, scared, anxious or what.

The Life: Lastly, if you were put in charge of the ********, what would you do to fix it up over there?

Wale: Man, give me four months in the gym to get back into playing shape, and I can be out there for them.

VH1, 106&Park, MTV, ESPN... this is another good look for people saying Wale has "no buzz"

Back
Top Bottom