***Official Wale Thread*** #MoreAboutNothing tape Drops Tomorrow

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

J. Cole really did have the best verse on this album
smh.gif
Type of MC tearing his way through, paving his path with his skill and talent and not hype.
Quoted For Speaking The Truth

dude is the truth

i really do feel bad for wale that he didnt even have the best verse on his album no hate im just saying
DECEMBER 1ST
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yall don't even realize Wes promoting himself.

they woulda found out december 1st
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Cudi had the bigger first single Day and Nite that got played the hell out, and I heard that track with Common on the radio as his second single.

Wale doesn't really have a buzz, no second single really, so who knows how much he'll sell.

And I agree, Prescription is
eek.gif

But Crag, I pointed that out too, the Chris Childs thing. Surfing NT and probably saw it as an avatar and it popped in his head
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

i mean, kudi did 100k first week and he had little to no promotion..
False. Day N Nite and Make Her Say got plenty of spins across the country. Cudi got great exposure by performing at MTVs Spring Break and a Kanyeco-sign goes a long way.

Triumph - Not feeling it
Mama Told Me -
pimp.gif

Mirrors - Skippable IMO
Pretty Girls - Very dope track. This has to be a single because Chillin did not cut it.
World Tour - Dope homage track to ATCQ.
Let It Loose - If this is not the next single, whoever was the head of this project needs to lose their job. A track like this could be the difference betweenan additional 15 - 20K units being moved. This has mainstream written all over it.
90210 - Sub par song to me but attacks eating disorders, drug usage and the fast lifestyle overall.
Shades - Deep song. Attacks the self-hate in the black community centered around skin color.
Chillin - Lady Gaga made the hook and song.
TV in the radio - Trash.
Contemplate - My man been looking at too many girl problem threads on NT.
Diary - Dope track about the issues black women have toward men.
Beautiful Bliss - J.Cole is a savage.
Prescription- Dope ending to a solid album.

Wale F'd up big time. he shouldve never even put out "Chillin". I understand he probably thought it'd be huge because Lady Gaga is one of thebiggest artists right now, but the record still didn't cut it. He would've gotten more buzz if he put out the Pharrell track as the lead single, andthen "Pretty Girls" as the 2nd single, since Gucci Mane is one of the hottest rappers right now that def woulda helped. but since the album dropsjust a week and a half from now and has very little buzz, I don't see Wale selling anymore than 85k copies in the first week

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Wale F'd up big time. he shouldve never even put out "Chillin". I understand he probably thought it'd be huge because Lady Gaga is one of the biggest artists right now, but the record still didn't cut it. He would've gotten more buzz if he put out the Pharrell track as the lead single, and then "Pretty Girls" as the 2nd single, since Gucci Mane is one of the hottest rappers right now that def woulda helped. but since the album drops just a week and a half from now and has very little buzz, I don't see Wale selling anymore than 85k copies in the first week
You realize the artists really don't make these decisions right?

I could care less how much he sells also. Lupe sold like 50K with Food & Liquor the first week but the music was dope and he found his lane into the game

I love this album...some of yall are really sleepin on Wale..but its whateva

"Dairy"
pimp.gif
is my favorite track for now..
and yes I agree J.Cole did kill his verse on Beautiful Bliss..im kinda mad at Wale for letting a "featured artist" beat him
on his own song..but I digress

I'm definitely coppin this joint on iTunes so I can get the 3 bonus tracks

DMV/NAIJA STAND UP!!

diary
Mirrors
and shades are my favorite tracks

and the album version of chillin is better than the other one imo

It's tempting to listen to the leak, but I'm going to fight this urge.
laugh.gif

I'll continue to wait until November 10th and buy the album.
pimp.gif

Sounds pretty good from the posts though. Wale is that dude.

this album is straight piff.
beautiful bliss
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

this is on my top 5 for 09
Its up there w/ MOTM

now i just need the clipse to not disappoint

Yes this album is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
just gave it a few spins.....amazing, not disappointed one bit,for those of you waiting till it drops, it's worth it

Back
Top Bottom