Official Warriors Off Season Thread

48 wins is nothing to be ashamed of....at all. if you woulda told me we'd have that many wins i would take it anyday. it's just sad that the rest ofthe teams were even better. we could have played better down the stretch, but it's still a wonderful season and they provided a lot of great memories, sothe 07-08 warriors=appreciated
pimp.gif

but there is much to be done in the offseason, ithink i'll post a bit later..

Warriors better be active this off-season. and oh, Mullin needs to force Nellie to sign a consent that he must play dudes that he'll be signing/draftingor else his pay is deducted.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Tim Kawakami from the SJ Mercury suggested trading Baron for the #1 pick + cash.

draft Rose. resign Monta + Biedrins while using the cash/cap space/trade exception to get Elton Brand.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Tim Kawakami from the SJ Mercury suggested trading Baron for the #1 pick + cash.

draft Rose. resign Monta + Biedrins while using the cash/cap space/trade exception to get Elton Brand.
DONE DEAL

eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

No one is giving that much up for Baron. No one is going to fall for his act. He hurt himself by not being like this from the get go. Its too bad, but itstrue.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

No one is giving that much up for Baron. No one is going to fall for his act. He hurt himself by not being like this from the get go. Its too bad, but its true.

Baron + #13 to a team like Miami might be worth it to them.

Marion + Baron + Wade should fare well in the East.

i would do that in a heartbeat. unfortunately no one's gonna do that. imo

ya'll are crazy. none of those trades are going to happen. warriors are going to have the same starting lineup next year.baron-monta-jackson-harrington-biedrins

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

No one is giving that much up for Baron. No one is going to fall for his act. He hurt himself by not being like this from the get go. Its too bad, but its true.

Baron + #13 to a team like Miami might be worth it to them.

Marion + Baron + Wade should fare well in the East.
Agreed, I would consider this if I was Miami.
3 legit all-stars on a team is title-contender status word to the Celtics

Originally Posted by 5288

ya'll are crazy. none of those trades are going to happen. warriors are going to have the same starting lineup next year. baron-monta-jackson-harrington-biedrins

I doubt it.

does it really need to be said??

cuz its been said over and over and over and over again.

get a muhhhf'n BIG MAN!!!! damn it.

get rid of Harrington, Barnes, and Biedrins.

Originally Posted by acidicality

i would do that in a heartbeat. unfortunately no one's gonna do that. imo

Do it Mullin!

Originally Posted by 5288

ya'll are crazy. none of those trades are going to happen. warriors are going to have the same starting lineup next year. baron-monta-jackson-harrington-biedrins
Naw, I would be SHOCKED if Wright isn't starting next year

as much as i wanted pietrus gone, i actually won't be mad if he gets resigned to a decent contract. i hope croshere is gone, doesn't matter if POB isgone since he doesn't get playing time anyways. watson, i liked him before, like the first week he was with us, but now i think i'd rather chasesomeone else or go into the draft getting another pg.

and like acid said, 48 is nothing to be ashamed of. it's disappointing, but what can ya do
eyes.gif
. to tell you the truth i'm a little lost for the rest of the offseason otherthan resign monta/andris and maybe azubuike to a better contract. i thought beasley was gonna be the #1 no matter what, but now it looks like drose is fightingwith him for that top spot. the only player i really liked was drose, but we aren't getting a #1 or #2, so those guys are out of the picture. i like darrencollison and russell westbrook. i definitely don't want that batum kid cause i think he's pietrus 2.0, and there are some others i like, but not surehow high a pick we can get with a trade or something: dj augustin, chase budinger is cool, brandan rush, hasheem thabeet, darrell arthur is ok (but not surehow he'd do with the warriors/nelson), and joey dorsey.

Hopefully our young guys show as much improvement as Monta did in his earlier years.

Uhh... I don't even know what to say right now.... I guess "shocked" is the word. And I guess I'm not as mad as much as I thought I wouldhave been. You could have seen it coming with the way we were struggling down the stretch that we weren't going to make it. We just came up short.

I want to see some changes this offseason. Yeah a change in personnel , but more changes in Nellie's coaching style. Nellie rode his players hard into theground this season. That's why at the end of the season, we lost some steam. We were fatigued. Playing your starters like that, you could see we just ranout of steam in the 4th quarter vs Phoenix.

Oh well, it still was a successful season. I mean, 48 wins (maybe 49
nerd.gif
) and not making the playoffs, that's nothing to be ashamed of. Any other year, wewould of had a playoff spot locked up and been resting our starters. Dude, we went from the bottom of the heap to making the playoffs barely with the record of42-40, and now we're 48-33. That's a huge jump. I'm still damn proud to be a Warrior fan, no matter what anybody else says. Go Warriors! We'llget better next year!

2lwu0ll.gif

back to the lottery.. familiar terrain for all us oakland fans...

a largely successful season, but with no playoff berth to show for it.

"just wait till next year!!"
1995-2007 2008-????

Back
Top Bottom