Official Warriors Off Season Thread

MULLIN BETTER USE THAT TRADE EXPECTATION. WHO CARES, USE IT. C'MON TAKE A %$#$%# RISK, IF IT DOESN'T PAY OFF, MOVE ON. I'M TRIED OF BEING THEWARRIORS BEING THE PASSIVE NON-RISK TAKING TEAM THAT PICKS THE SAME PF OUT OF COLLEGE EVERTY YEAR THINKING THEY FINALLY GONNA HAVE THE NEXT TIME DUNCAN ORSOMETHING. JUST GIVE US THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE THE TEAM BETTER.

I'm 50/50 about Mullin using the exception. If he doesn't use it, I would trust him that there weren't any quality players who were either beingoffered for the T.E. or none of the quality players in which the W's were looking for are for trade...I wanted to go to the press conference tomorrow but Ilive out in Sacramento and I have work till 1...I wonder what numbers these guys are going to wear...Have any of you thought that Lasme could have been a solidfit for the W's or Mbenga and Webber? I really don't understand how he was cut from the team.

The W's won't have the same roster when Training Camp starts...And that Baron Davis rumor to Cleveland is ridiculous.

If they use this exception in a way that benefits the team, it'll be a good birthday. Actually, just use the exception and it'll make me happy becauseit'll show that Cohan has some balls to spend some extra cash.

I'm kind of at the point where I rather them use the exception on anything. Just do something
frown.gif

First off, happy birthday Andrew
pimp.gif

Secondly, sadly I think the TE is going to waste
frown.gif
. Mullin and Cohan still have a day to prove me wrong though
nerd.gif

eh TE won't be put to use. but I see that as a good thing, if BD really wanted to be traded he could've probably worked something out with Mully byturning in that letter saying he wont opt out. so I see it as either using the TE and losing Baron or not using that TE and keeping Baron.

and saw this at GSOM. POB
pimp.gif

thesessions.jpg

You guys are tripping.

WHY USE IT? IF THERES NOTHING WORTH GETTING?

You have to basically take someones garbage.

We got rid of JRich's contract, that alone is worth a trade exception expiring.

It'd go:

Trade exception for Varajao
Al Harrington for ________

Do you really want that?

Instead of jumping on Mullin for "not making the team better", explore the options. We have to sign monta and biedrins, wouldn't that show somecommitment?

I'm sure he's trying to move Al, but it takes two.

Take a risk? Why?

We're not desperate by any means....you want to mortgage the future on a trade exception? Wow. This use it because its there nonsense is the reasonwe've signed players to bad contracts over the last decade.

Arenas is 3 years younger, though.

I still say, we have the leverage in the situation. Period.

Regardless of his agent, and whatever beleifs they have about when PGs turn 30 they become better.

Here are the possible scenarios:

1) Baron doesn't opt out
2) Baron does opt out
3) Baron doesn't opt out, but asks for a trade

I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two more, but those are basically the most talked about.

IF Baron doesn't opt out, but wants to talk contract reupping, we probably won't over pay because we have his services for one year. Meaning, its inhis best interest to play out of his mind and prove all the naysayers wrong. By doing that, he may wind up leaving us, but he'll go get paid which is whathe ultimately wants.
Baron opts out, that would suck, but he would quickly learn, very few teams are going to give him near what he thinks he's worth. Why pass up a year ofguaranteed money, at 17m?

Ask for a trade, we have no reason to oblige him because if we don't and he complains, he'll hurt his own value.

Back
Top Bottom