Official Warriors Off Season Thread

YO

It's time to blow it up.
Nellie shouldn't coach this year, but it doesn't matter anymore.

It's time to trade Al and gulp, Jackson.
This was going to happen next year anyway, but it's rebuilding time.

Monta
Bellineli(sp)
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins

They're going to suck, but it has to be done.
These are good players and they're ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER.
I'm sure you guys can handle losing again.
Pick up another lottery pick next year, as well as some young talent for Jackson(he is a good player, people will want him) and Al.
Sign a defensive minded coach(JVG anyone?)

That's what I would do if I was Mullin.

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

He aint coming back get over it
roll.gif

your team aint going to be crap now
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So your saying we're gonna win the Western Conference?

With Barnes not coming back (is this for sure or Nellie just talking?), hopefully we keep Buike and he gets his minutes.

Gil at 6/$127M?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

YO

It's time to blow it up.
Nellie shouldn't coach this year, but it doesn't matter anymore.

It's time to trade Al and gulp, Jackson.
This was going to happen next year anyway, but it's rebuilding time.

Monta
Bellineli(sp)
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins

They're going to suck, but it has to be done.
These are good players and they're ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER.
I'm sure you guys can handle losing again.
Pick up another lottery pick next year, as well as some young talent for Jackson(he is a good player, people will want him) and Al.
Sign a defensive minded coach(JVG anyone?)

That's what I would do if I was Mullin.
This is like EXACTLY what I wrote on the page before
laugh.gif
. I want JVG in Oakland. He is a hard nosed guy and will teach this team how to play defense.But I know it ain't going to happen.
smh.gif

Aww are you Warrior fans mad???
Don't worry your team will do just fine...
You're all more then welcome to be Laker fans!

SIKE!!!!!!!

SIKE!!!!!!!
I hope you get hit by a car.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

SIKE!!!!!!!

Now why would you say that?
Thats not nice...

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

SIKE!!!!!!!

Now why would you say that?
Thats not nice...

Can you add something of relative value or move your banter to a Lakers thread or something>?

^ Are yall friends or something? If not, I don't think they could handle more than one Lakers fan in their season thread, and he's not even bad.
laugh.gif

SIKE!!!!!!!
edited

not trying to get banned in the middle of a busy off-season

well, Udrih is gone. what are we lookin at now?

Point guard says he and Kings agree to five-year contract

By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

The Sacramento Kings found a way to keep their starting point guard, Beno Udrih, despite some fierce competition. Udrih and the Kings have verbally agreed to a five-year contract for the full mid-level exception, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com. Assuming the full mid-level comes in at $5.5 million this year, Udrih would get a contract worth $33.3 million. The same source said Udrih would have a player option for the fifth year of his contract. "I am so happy and honored to be returning to the Kings," Udrih told ESPN.com. "They took a chance on me and believed in me. I can't wait to get back to my teammates and the city that has become home to me." The Kings outbid the Los Angeles Clippers, who also offered Udrih a five-year deal for the mid-level. Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy flew to New York and met with Udrih at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday morning -- the earliest NBA teams were permitted to commence negotiations and strike verbal agreements with free agents. Dunleavy was persuasive, but at the end of the day Udrih wanted to return to the team that gave him his big break. The new contract is quite a turnaround for Udrih. For his first three years in the league Udrih was a little used back-up in San Antonio. At the start of last season, he was traded to Sacramento to fill in for the injured Mike Bibby. Udrih broke out and averaged 12.8 points and 4.3 assists for the Kings last season. Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.
i still say we try and move pieces to acquire Felton and Wallace from the Bobcats.. the other PG worth mentioning would be Telfair, but he seemshella sketch.

offbad wrote:

SIKE!!!!!!!

ho'kay.. first of all, it's "psyche," you ignorant $%+*.

secondly-- are you around any tall buildings? if so, do the world a favor-- get to the top of one, and jump off.
beter yet, go find a knife and run into it.

roll.gif

Okay so im ignorant???
you're the one that cant spell "better"
hope this shows you Warrior fans to stay out of the Laker threads

Originally Posted by offbad

well, Udrih is gone. what are we lookin at now?

Point guard says he and Kings agree to five-year contract

By Chad Ford

ESPN.com

The Sacramento Kings found a way to keep their starting point guard, Beno Udrih, despite some fierce competition. Udrih and the Kings have verbally agreed to a
five-year contract for the full mid-level exception, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com. Assuming the full mid-level comes in at $5.5 million this
year, Udrih would get a contract worth $33.3 million. The same source said Udrih would have a player option for the fifth year of his contract. "I am so
happy and honored to be returning to the Kings," Udrih told ESPN.com. "They took a chance on me and believed in me. I can't wait to get back to
my teammates and the city that has become home to me." The Kings outbid the Los Angeles
Clippers
, who also offered Udrih a five-year deal for the mid-level. Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy flew to New York and met with Udrih at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday morning -- the
earliest NBA teams were permitted to commence negotiations and strike verbal agreements with free agents. Dunleavy was persuasive, but at the end of the day
Udrih wanted to return to the team that gave him his big break. The new contract is quite a turnaround for Udrih. For his first three years in the league
Udrih was a little used back-up in San Antonio. At the start of last season, he was traded to Sacramento to fill in for the injured Mike Bibby. Udrih broke out and averaged 12.8 points and 4.3 assists for the Kings last
season. Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.
i still say we try and move pieces to acquire Felton and Wallace from the Bobcats.. the other PG worth mentioning would be Telfair, but he seems
hella sketch.

It might be in our best interest if the Clips went hard at Baron. So we can build around our core and make Monta the centerpiece at PG. I actually like theidea of signing Telfair but as a backup to Monta. We still need a SG that can score and defend, and another facillitator to create offense since we have no lowpost player.

Still it would suck losing Baron, he's still a Top 10 PG in this league. Also, I remember the PG drought we went through after losing Tim Hardaway and Iwould hate to relive that scenario.

And people wonder why no one likes SOME Laker fans on here. Cause they are annoying little #$$%! like you. Most Warrior fans don't even go to your Lakerseason thread, so get the !%+% out of ours.
indifferent.gif

[table][tr][th=""]Date:[/th] [td]Jul 1, 2008 1:28 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Subject:[/th] [td]ABOUT OPTING OUT[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Body:[/th] [td]ive been getting some messages from some mad fans about my decision to opt out of my contract...i just wanted to let everybody know that this is a BUISNESS...i enjoy playing down here in the bay...and as of now im looking forward to giving it one more run with team to see what happens...but just because ive opted out doesn't mean im leaving the bay just yet still anyting can happen

BARON
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

[table][tr][th=""]Date:[/th] [td]Jul 1, 2008 1:28 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Subject:[/th] [td]ABOUT OPTING OUT[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Body:[/th] [td]ive been getting some messages from some mad fans about my decision to opt out of my contract...i just wanted to let everybody know that this is a BUISNESS...i enjoy playing down here in the bay...and as of now im looking forward to giving it one more run with team to see what happens...but just because ive opted out doesn't mean im leaving the bay just yet still anyting can happen

BARON
[/td] [/tr][/table]

where is this from?

Also, who has Barons number, i would like to talk to him
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

i don't think we need telfair as a backup.. if anything, we should re-up Watson.. he'll be cheap, and he showed he can play in the limited time he had.

as far as 2s go, 'Buike is an above average defender.. we should try and re-up him too

assuming al is shipped, crow, barnes, pietrus leaves as well.. do we have another center that isn't named Beans or Kosta?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

BARON
[/td] [/tr][/table]

where is this from?

Also, who has Barons number, i would like to talk to him
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

He sent a text to everyone on his phone.
laugh.gif

Nah, its from his myspace bulletin

Looks like a Myspace message.
laugh.gif

I think Diddy is as good as gone.

No sign and trade, just a FA signing back to LA

Wait Barnes isn't coming back? Why not? Did he decide not to come back or did the W's say goodbye? Give him one more chance.

BARON
[/td] [/tr][/table]

What did he expect when he pulled that stunt? His choice of opting out is fine, but the way he did it is just
smh.gif

[h2]If it's the Clippers and $70M for Baron Davis, it had better happen fast[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on July 1st, 2008 at 4:20 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

Silly naive me. I don't think Baron Davis and his agent had a sure-thing deal with the Clippers locked up before they surprisingly decided to opt-out from the final season of his Warriors' contract last night.

I think he had a wink-wink, probably-maybe-we'll-sure-try understanding. Others around the league disagree. One personnel executive told me that nobody's crazy enough to walk away from $17.8M without knowing FOR SURE that there was more money on the table out there.

Well, we'll see. I'm sure that the Clippers want to sign Baron outright. We know that it's possible for them to give Baron a pretty good deal, presuming they renounce Corey Maggette (have they done that yet?) and sign Elton Brand for an average of $12M or so.

I'm sure that they could possibly finalize this deal by tomorrow, if everything works right. By everything working right, that'd be Baron getting a five-year deal in the neighborhood of $70M. Man, even if you're a desperate team… that's a lot of dough to hand to a 29-year-old injury-prone, attitude-questionable point guard.

I'm also sure that the Clippers have no history of intricate, double-long-term signings like this. I'm very sure that they're not exactly chock full of wheeler-dealers in that front office.

And I'm absolutely sure that Baron isn't going to want to leave a single penny on the table. He walked away from the Warriors because he didn't feel that their offer was respecting his value, I don't know if he's going to run to the Clippers for precisely what they think he should get.

What if the Clippers realize that there are no other bidders for Baron and start pulling money off the table? Is that possible? Right now, they're bidding against themselves. I realize that they probably enticed Davis into opting out by giving him a general figure.

But the situation now has changed-Baron opted out.

That's why I think Baron still needs the Warriors tangentially involved in the talks. He needs the Clippers to worry that Baron might U-turn again right back to GSW if the Clips short-change him on the proposed offer.

Will the Warriors keep bidding? I don't know. They're deep underground right now. I believe they thought about a big splash by importing Gilbert Arenas at midnight… but even the most optimistic Warriors' execs had to know that Washington can and will pay Gilbert more than anybody.

So it's up to the Clippers and to Davis. Let's see if they can hammer this deal out. But if it doesn't happen by tomorrow… I'm going to start wondering if it's going to happen at all.

Back
Top Bottom