Official Warriors Off Season Thread

ESPN is reporting the Warriors have offered Gilbert Arenas 101mil over 5 years.

sick.gif

i think midnight oil will be burned by all 3 camps tonight to figure something out... that is if mullin and cohan haven't turned their backs on davisaltogether.

orrrrrrrrrr we could import both gil and jamison and have a warriors renunion!

i kid, i kid
laugh.gif

The Warriors do not wanna pay Baron but are/were reportedly willing to pay Gilbert, coming off an injury 101 million over 5 years. It looks like its back tothe cellar for the Warriors.

Considering Udrih, who the Clippers were also targetting got the full MLE, I don't think $14M a year for BDiddy is too much money.

He is injury prone, but this is the Clippers we're talking about here.

They have a chance to bring back the local product, a big name, and address their biggest hole on the team, the point guard spot.

Teamed up with Elton Brand, best season yet last year in Kaman, promising talents in Thorton and Gordon, it's a no brainer.

You turn that team from a laughing stock, to a team you have to start to look at seriously with that bunch.

They could 'pull money off the table' according to the article, but why do that and risk spurnning Diddy, as he clearly opted out with theunderstanding that the Clippers were going to make a play for him.

Baron for Billups/Sheed doesn't sound bad at all right now.
Best case scenario: honestly, I'd say it's sign-trading Baron so that we get some nice players in return. i don't mind baron coming back buti'm not sure if he deserves that contract he wants.

laugh.gif
at the troll suggesting we should turn into Laker fans. I would do a lot of other things before I take that last resort
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Gilbert coming back to the W's sounds rather ludicrous.

but we did bring CWebb back this year...

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

YO

It's time to blow it up.
Nellie shouldn't coach this year, but it doesn't matter anymore.

It's time to trade Al and gulp, Jackson.
This was going to happen next year anyway, but it's rebuilding time.

Monta
Bellineli(sp)
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins

They're going to suck, but it has to be done.
These are good players and they're ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER.
I'm sure you guys can handle losing again.
Pick up another lottery pick next year, as well as some young talent for Jackson(he is a good player, people will want him) and Al.
Sign a defensive minded coach(JVG anyone?)

That's what I would do if I was Mullin.
This is like EXACTLY what I wrote on the page before
laugh.gif
. I want JVG in Oakland. He is a hard nosed guy and will teach this team how to play defense. But I know it ain't going to happen.
smh.gif
Great mind thinks alike
pimp.gif

The thing is . . . we do not have the personnel to be a defensive team. That line-up and defense in the same sentence is laughable.

So uh....yeah, Baron's officially gone and has bolted to the Clips.

Shocking...yes, but for some reason I don't feel so bad about our team as long as we can re-sign Ellis and Biedrins.
We need to get some people in free agency though.

If we don't go after Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala
smh.gif
. Mullin you really +%!*+@ us with this one. Baron is my favorite player going to be hard, butI'm going to wear his jersey when they play the Clippers next season.

mullin really messed this one up. there's only so much leverage you can gain from playing hardball and in this instance, it didn't pan out. i reallyhope he doesn't try to cover his HUGE mistake of his by making a ridiculously dumb move for PR purposes. you have the cap room, now use it to help thisfranchise.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Baron is my favorite player going to be hard, but I'm going to wear his jersey when they play the Clippers next season.

co-sign with this.

I'm not even gonna front, it hurts me real bad to see Baron leave.
tired.gif

Well.. the Monta - Wright - Randolph - Biedrins Era officially starts today (granted we re-sign ME an AB)

From the makeup of our core..we're going with an athletic, long, and versatile team. I hope we don't get much younger, we could use some toughveterans on the squad. Although we have alot of talent and potential we still have alot of holes on this team - Bench, PG, SG, backup C.

I also think we might overpay for Ellis since he easily slides into the position of "Warriors best player"

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by daprescription

Baron is my favorite player going to be hard, but I'm going to wear his jersey when they play the Clippers next season.

co-sign with this.

I'm not even gonna front, it hurts me real bad to see Baron leave.
tired.gif

you're getting a baron clippers jersey too?
laugh.gif

hey, at least on the bright side we might be able to be in play for some free agents, we won't be good next year realistically...but we're basically inrebuilding mode again, but we're too good to be in the cellar. i expect 35-40 wins next year assuming we don't make any major moves.

next year's roster is going to be REALLY different...

Back
Top Bottom