Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

I'm not saying Lee > Jefferson or Jefferson > Lee but...

I swear, finding players that need to fit this current system is ******ed. Nelson will be gone. We got to squash all this "we need to find players that fit this up-tempo offense" talk. That shouldn't matter hopefully next season, but for sure the one after that.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

id rather have Al at PF not at Center

but anyways I am pretty sure Lee is going to command a similar salary to Al because of the all star season he has. I would play Al at PF and maybe occasionally at center, but having Al would finally put some strength in our team. Al would be the first big body the Warriors have that has post skills. Plus when he's healthy, he is a 20/10 guy IMO. I do like Lee with his rebounding but passing up someone how can score with his back to the basket is pretty rare.

Yeah i agree with ya, but I think with THIS warriors team. Lee is a better fit and as a whole team be able to do more damage this season. Compared to Al Jeff and the rest of the team taking awhile to getting adjusted to each other. Also, nelly would be able to do all his crazy matchups/lineups because Lee is versatile by being able to score everywhere with his range(midrange and 3 pointers).

Originally Posted by What up

I don't have any stats to back this up, but David Lee is more efficient. Hasn't shown signs of breaking down. And David Lee would be a proven PF instead of the "high ceiling" PF's we already have. Jefferson is a C and we already have one of those (and we're paying him a lot of money). I'm not down to pay two centers who each have questions regarding their health/skill over $20 million a year.
If by "more efficient" you mean FG%, then you are correct. Jefferson for his career is shooting 50.3% while Lee for his career is shooting 55.7%.

I consider PF to be Al Jefferson's natural position.

Originally Posted by jeff415finest

id rather have Al at PF not at Center

but anyways I am pretty sure Lee is going to command a similar salary to Al because of the all star season he has. I would play Al at PF and maybe occasionally at center, but having Al would finally put some strength in our team. Al would be the first big body the Warriors have that has post skills. Plus when he's healthy, he is a 20/10 guy IMO. I do like Lee with his rebounding but passing up someone how can score with his back to the basket is pretty rare.

Yeah i agree with ya, but I think with THIS warriors team. Lee is a better fit and as a whole team be able to do more damage this season. Compared to Al Jeff and the rest of the team taking awhile to getting adjusted to each other. Also, nelly would be able to do all his crazy matchups/lineups because Lee is versatile by being able to score everywhere with his range(midrange and 3 pointers).
Winning a few more games because a player fits better with this current style/team means nothing to me. We are not making the playoffs. This should be a transition year where we get a front office overhaul and a plan is laid out.

To make this upcoming season a successful one, we need to get new management (pending), fire Don Nelson (hoping), and having the young players staying healthy and play as much as they can (praying).

If you're putting Jefferson at the 4, then you're clogging up the paint with him and whoever is playing center. Not only that, you're not letting our 63291 other PF's develop.

And when I said efficient, I also meant the amount of shots attempted, rebounds per minute, as well as assists.  

Oooooh so THIS is our transition year.  Got it.  Could have sworn we already had a few of those.

Originally Posted by What up

If you're putting Jefferson at the 4, then you're clogging up the paint with him and whoever is playing center. Not only that, you're not letting our 63291 other PF's develop.

And when I said efficient, I also meant the amount of shots attempted, rebounds per minute, as well as assists.  

Oooooh so THIS is our transition year.  Got it.  Could have sworn we already had a few of those.
I didn't say anything about how he fits this current roster, I just said he is more of a natural 4.

Yeah, I could have sworn that, too.

^ what do you mean, you think getting Lee is going to let our other PF's develop
laugh.gif

and also, when the team is up for sale, i would assume the team is making a change, not trying to keep small ball going on for another half a decade

also whats the word on Childress?

i may be biased because hes from around here, but I would like him to fill the SF position

I was saying that in my opinion, D.Lee is a better overall player. If we decide to execute that trade, I'd rather have him over Jefferson.

The only case for Jefferson would have been if he played the 5 and let Randolph play the 4. If that won't be the case, I'd rather have Lee in there because he'll produce.

Al Jefferson is a blackhole. If you guys really are moving for the defense policy, you're taking the wrong step, but then again, Lee isnt really a defensive stopper either.

Playing Jefferson at the PF spot takes away from Curry's game imo. True, we do need a post presence, but like others have said, a black hole type post presence would hurt our team. This might be asking for much, but the perfect PF would be able to hit 18 footers, board, have a decisive move down low, and still be able to find cutters/shooters coming off screens.

Re-reading that, I think I'm asking for way too much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

That sounds like Bosh kind of...too bad. Weren't we in rumors to get him a few years back?
laugh.gif
If I remember right, it was back when Randolph was a rookie, and the offer was Biedrins+Randolph for Bosh or something of that sort. !*%+.

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...ources_warriors_uninterested_in_al_jefferson/[/h1]
[h1]Sources: Warriors Uninterested In Al Jefferson[/h1]
Jul 04, 2010 7:29 PM EST

Jefferson_Al_min.jpg
The Warriors are not interested in acquiring Al Jefferson in a trade with the Timberwolves, sources tell Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times.

Minnesota GM David Kahn has been shopping Jefferson throughout the offseason.

Via Marcus Thompson/Contra Costa Times (via Twitter)

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...urces_warriors_uninterested_in_al_jefferson/#
I'm on the same boat as my brother. I wouldn't want any moves made until the change in management.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Bring back Barnes.

They should have never gotten rid of him in the first place.  He deserved a long-term(cheaper) deal with the Warriors.

im glad he left, i never really liked him

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Bring back Barnes.

They should have never gotten rid of him in the first place.  He deserved a long-term(cheaper) deal with the Warriors.

im glad he left, i never really liked him

why not?

i think its because my memories of him were on open practice, my first glimpse of him was him missing a wide open dunk, then like 2/3 games in the season, he couldve grabbed a rebound on a missed free throw against the bucks and also another team, he hit it out of bounds

not that good enough reason to not want him back, but id rather bring in some other players instead of him, ill admit he brought some toughness though

David Lee put up 37/20 against us and I've hated him ever since. Hope they don't sign his %+%.

Back
Top Bottom