Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Ellison to be introduced as new GSW owner within the hour I read.

Insert .gif's now

blackkidpartyhatcelebration.gif

Can this announcement happen already??

And for those thinking about season tickets - feel free to PM me with questions, i dont sell them but ill help as best as I can.

laugh.gif
just kidding about stealing thunder. I'm not in law but a prospective law student for 2011. May take the LSAT again as I was leaving my old accounting firm along with other @#@$!*@#.

With that said, I now work at Rothstein Kass and am a lot happier and closer to home.

In regards to tickets, my mom used to have Giants season tickets and I haven't had Warrior season tickets for a couple years now. I did it on my own but my old firm has seats too. Not sure about that fee Paul. If there is one I think it's included in the net.

Warriors owner Chris Cohan is reportedly sitting on an offer of more than $400 million to buy the franchise, believe to be submitted by Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corp.

Cohan is said to be trying to negotiate an even higher price, despite the fact the highest amount ever paid for an NBA franchise was $401 million for the Suns in 2004. The other bidder is Mandalay Entertainment Group chairman Peter Guber, who is joined by Joe Lacob, currently a minority owner with the Celtics. As badly as Warriors fans want to open the book on a new way of life for Golden State, it now sounds like the deal may not get done before the weekend.

laugh.gif
My brother didn't renew his season tickets after the 08-09 season. So it's been a while since he had em...he was tired of being unable to sell the tickets to games that he couldn't go to, basically.

400 Mil? Aint $@*! for Big Larry. Heard on the radio today (not that I didnt know this, but just to put it in perspective) that Mark Cuban, the owner of the Heat and Russian billionaire Prokhorov have less money combined than Ellison. And he has no problem spending it.

I want this to be our owner NOW.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dland, who cares if it's just chump change to Ellison. It's the principle. Cohan could have just said his asking price was $450mil to begin with. Granted, it would have been and still is a ridiculous price for one of the worst teams. Everyone always points out the record amount the Suns were sold to Sarver. But to completely shatter the $401mil for the Suns with the Warriors who are completely garbage, that's absurd.

I just hope Ellison doesn't cave in and allow Cohan to squeeze as much money as he can from Ellison. Stick to your guns, Ellison. No one else can offer more than you so it's either your offer or no bail out for Cohan from the IRS. He's the desperate one, not Ellison. No reason for Cohan to be calling the shots.

LOL, I know I'm talking about this like it's my money. All I'm saying is
ay7bix.gif
 Cohan and his demands. I also don't mind seeing Cohan's
ay7bix.gif
 being thrown in jail. That would be the icing on the cake.

Remember it's 80% of the amount that serves as Larry's outlay because he's with the minority interest group.

With that said I think it's Cohan trying to not only milk every penny directly from Larry but also putting him on equal ground with every other group.

Say Cohan wants 450m, Larry covers 360m of that which isn't exactly chump change let alone a gigantic jump over what Larry was expected to bid when he was thought to be alone. This also allows for what is clearly important to Cohan, breaking the valuation/sale record.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Golden State Warriors Sell for Record $450 Million[/h1]

Published:Thursday, 15 Jul 2010 | 12:56 PM ET

icon_textT.gif
Text Size

By: Darren Rovell
Sports Business Reporter

Joe Lacob, managing director and partner at private equity firm Kleiner Perkins, and Peter Guber, chairman of Mandalay Entertainment, have won the bid for the NBA's Golden State Warriors, a source close to the sale has told CNBC.

The price for the team is $450 million, beating the previous NBA record—$401 million, which was the amount Robert Sarver paid for the Phoenix Suns in 2004.

Lacob and Guber beat out rival bidder Larry Ellison, chief executive officer of Oracle.

The Warriors franchise, which was bought by Chris Cohan in 1995 for $119 million, was valued at $315 million by Forbes in December of last year, but the Warriors' location in the Bay area undoubtedly added more interest and thus a higher price. Mark Mastrov, founder of 24-Hour Fitness, was considered a top competitor for the team.

The only formality is for the league’s Board of Governors to approve the new owners. That potentially could come quickly, given the fact that NBA owners are currently having their meetings in Las Vegas this week.

rovell_d_100x100.standard.jpg

spacer.gif

Darren Rovell
CNBC Sports
Business Reporter

The Warriors on-the-court performance obviously didn’t have much bearing on the sale. Since Cohan bought the team 16 years ago, the team has had the second worst record in the league (behind the Los Angeles Clippers) over that time span.

Despite the fact that NBA commissioner David Stern has estimated that the league’s teams will lose $370 million from this past season, and the potential for a work stoppage after next season, the league recently has benefited from attracting the world’s richest to buy its teams. Russia’s richest man Mikhail Prokhorov was approved as owner of the New Jersey Nets in May.

Back
Top Bottom