Official Warriors Season Thread

Champion was the brand that made jerseys back then. I still have the ones from when I was a kid
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

He should be playing on Thursday. I wouldn't think that Nellie would work the entire team into a camp session during the break and not have Webber not play Thursday. This break is too long.

word, probably why they didn't play him Friday so he can make his debut on TNT.
and i got a question for those with season tickets, if there are any. can we pay in installments? been thinking about getting a couple of seats but is it worth it to have season tickets or is it better to just buy tickets for games u really wanna see? i'm sure i'll be able to attend most of em and maybe sell a couple i don't want.

and btw did anyone go see Andris today at his signing?

I was going to buy tickets this season and I remember them having payment options. I believe they had a plan of 3 payments. That was the most you could do. It was divided into a three month span if I remember correctly.

thanks. looks like i'll have to pass then. 2 seats for 3k each is probably around 2k each payment.maybe i'll get em for the 09-10 season
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

i don't think you'll be able to get one of those old school webbers....even M&N didnt make one

Word? I guess i have to settle for the cheap replica
ohwell.gif

Also, Webber is not just going to start on Thursday, Nellie plans to start him every game.
eek.gif

^haha, where does he say this?

makes sense, i do agree al is better off the bench.....if this means no more barnes/pietrus at the 4 then
pimp.gif

^^^

Heres the article

Webber will start for Warriors

By Geoff Lepper
Bay Area Newspaper Group

Article Launched: 02/04/2008 08:31:20 PM PST

Click photo to enlarge

Chris Webber (4) practices with the Golden State Warriors at the teams practice... ( Laura A. Oda )

20080204__webwarriors%7E1_Viewer.JPG

Chris Webber has started 819 of 822 games in his NBA career, and he's not going to begin coming off the bench now.
Warriors coach Don Nelson said Monday that beginning with Thursday's game against the Chicago Bulls, Webber will be his fourth permanent starter, taking a slot alongside Baron Davis, Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson.

Since Nelson and Chris Mullin, the Warriors' executive vice president, feel that one of Webber's greatest strengths comes in enhancing the production of his four teammates on the floor, what better way to maximize that trait than by putting him with Golden State's best players? "I think he should start," Nelson said. "I'm planning on starting him every game."

Nelson said he'll primarily use either Andris Biedrins or Al Harrington as his fifth starter, with Matt Barnes mixed in when the Warriors are looking to go small. That will allow Nelson to put Harrington back in the sixth-man role he outlined during the preseason - an experiment that never really got off the ground thanks to Jackson's seven-game suspension to start the season and subpar play from Barnes and Mickael Pietrus.

"I've always wanted Al as the sixth man and I couldn't afford to do it all the time," Nelson said. "I think that makes us a better team, when he comes off (the bench) and is my machine-gun guy."

After three practices in their five-day "minicamp" between games, the Warriors are adapting to playing with Webber, a five-time All-Star who's

Advertisement

reputed to be of the game's best passing big men. Harrington, who has been matching up defensively against Webber, can attest to that.
"He's been incredible. That passing is not overstated or overrated," Harrington said. "It seems like since he's been here, guys are cutting harder, because everyone's trying to be that first one to get that layup. I think it's going to make our offense a lot crisper."

Nelson envisions Webber's passes rewarding players who provide constant motion.

"(Webber) is really going to help guys like Marco (Belinelli), Monta, anybody who moves without (the ball), Matt, all those guys," Nelson said. "Those guys who you almost have to force to move without it, like Baron, I think he'll learn it too, if he knows there's going to be a score at the other end."

With 3-point shooting so central to the Warriors' identity, opponents generally like to keep close tabs on their perimeter gunners. Teams might force Webber to prove he can still be a prolific scorer before leaving a 3-point shooter to provide help.

"I can score, and if that's what happens, I'll take the shot," said Webber, who nevertheless doesn't expect a drop in 3-point attempts. " I came here to fit into the system, not change it."

Defensively, Nelson doesn't expect Webber to be as explosive as the last time he was here, in 1993-94, but he thinks that Webber's positioning and strength will enable him to guard opposing centers without needing much help.

Webber revealed no qualms about such an assignment, instead highlighting his bona fides earned last season with the Detroit Pistons: "I played on the best defensive team in the league last year, and I was the (center), so I'm pretty sure I can do that."

• Nelson had planned to travel to Dallas today to give one or two days' worth of testimony in his arbitration battle with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but the deposition is on hold. Nelson is fighting for $6.6 million in deferred payments he says are owed by Cuban and the Mavericks... Forward Austin Croshere practiced Monday, his first workout with the team since mid-January, when he was sidelined for the third time this season by a sore back... Nelson was disappointed in the quality of his team's work Monday after two solid weekend efforts, saying Davis took the practice "off even though he was here." Nelson plans to give Davis today off in earnest.

Also, is warriorsteamstore.com not working??

Cause i did a yahoo search for Chris webber golden state jersey and the first link was this, but it doesn't work
nerd.gif

[h3] Pre-Order: Will ship Wednesday, February 6 Golden State Warriors Chris ...[/h3]

Golden State Warriors Chris Webber Replica Jersey - Home. PRODUCT ID: gswar11380804 ... Golden State Warriors Chris Webber Replica Jersey - Home ...

Are they making the modern C-Webb jerseys??

Nellie must have promsed him that he'll get a starting job if he plays for us. I believe that's one of the reasons why he chose us over the contendingteams.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Yes, BUT Harrington can make his free throws and play aggressive and not pick up fouls. As for Pietrus, he picks up a foul by just looking at his defender. =)

Oh yeah, Janny Hu reported already that Webber is starting on Thursday. Haha. I tried to post the article, but NT is being a loser.
Originally Posted by daprescription

HEY HEY HEY at least Pietrus can make a lay-up
smh.gif
smh.gif
. I like Harrington, but he is a defensive liability and all he can do is shoot from the outside(when he can make them). It's sad when he tries to back down a "smaller" defender and blows the easy shot
smh.gif
yeah well you guys both make good points.

Pietrus is the undisputed king of boneheaded plays (read: stepping out of bounds, TOs, and hugging/tackling the other team's players).
but, he also can finish at the rim, and knows where his hot spot shot is at (corner 3).

Harrington is a natural 3. He's a "big(ger) body" but doesn't play like it (read: doesn't grab boards, doesn't challenge shots--basically no D whatsoever).
He loves to take crazy 3s and he hardly ever makes them (seriously). And when he does he thinks he's God's gift to three-point shooting. Also hastrouble finishing at the rim/posting up.

Barnes-- don't get me started on how he loves to think that he's the next John Stockton taking that ball up the court.

Anyone think that jersey looks funny?
nerd.gif

Didn't Tawn wear 4 for GSW? I know Webber can have it, I was just asking.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

no antawn wore #33. yous a bandwagoner!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 5288

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

no antawn wore #33. yous a bandwagoner!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
pimp.gif

If anything, you're the bandwagoner for not knowing Jamison wore #7 his rookie year.

Twan Jamison wore #7 his rookie year and then he got #33.

Barnes is a better player when he doesn't take the ball up court. He and Jackson make me cringe everytime they take the ball up. Ahh well...two daysaway!!!

S.Jax: Trade Me East So I Can Go To New Orleans
By Buster Gunning

There were so many terrific candidates for this year's Western Conference All-Star team that a boatload of deserving players were bound to be left off the 2008 squad. Guys like Marcus Camby, Baron Davis, and Chris Kaman are all enjoying all-star worthy campaigns, but the wealth of talent on the left side of the Mississippi has left them with no ticket to New Orleans.

Stephen Jackson, who is averaging a career-high 20.4 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 4.2 assists for Golden State this season, feels he deserved to make the Western squad over "scrubs" like Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Chris Paul, and Dirk Nowitzki.

"I think I should be representing the Warriors and the West in New Orleans this season," Jackson said in Oakland on Thursday night. "There is no way guys like Nash and Kobe are having better seasons than me. Sure, I missed the first seven games of the season because of that whole suspension deal, but I've been so well-behaved!"

If Davis is Golden State's MVP, then Jackson is easily the team's second-in-command.

Before checking to make sure his grill was properly aligned with his mouth guard, Jackson pulled an attractive female reporter aside and whispered something in her ear. Her eyes shot wide, and she rather loudly asked Jackson if he was sure.

"Hell yeah, baby. Tell 'em all," Jackson responded.

"Stephen…uh…he wants to be traded to the Eastern Conference," the reporter announced tentatively as if she couldn't believe the words she was expressing to a locker room full of hungry reporters.

Sensing that she felt a little uncomfortable, Jackson tapped her on the butt and motioned for her to step aside. A sea of reporters immediately engulfed Jackson, recorders in hand.

"Yeah, you heard her right. I want Chris [Mullin] to ship me back East. Anywhere but Indiana and Atlanta is cool with me. I've been there and done that," Jackson said with a smile.

"It's not that I want to leave Golden State because I really love the city and my teammates. I just want a chance to play for an All-Star team, and in the Western Conference there's no room for pure shooters…and by shooter I mean, like with the basketball…on the team," Jackson explained to the press with a sad, puppy pout smeared across his face.

"I wish I didn't have to take things this far, but I need an all-star appearance to enhance my Hall of Fame resume," Jackson added.

Multiple teams have already contacted the Warriors about Jackson's availability, but nothing seems imminent. The best deal on the table thus far, according to Chris Mullin, involves dealing Jackson to Toronto in exchange for center Rasho Nesterovic.

The preceding article is a piece of satirical fiction.

laugh.gif

wow is Jackson serious? oh well at least all of us won't have to go "NOOOOOOOOOO" followed by
eek.gif
everytime he pulls up for a 3. if he isserious, i'm sure Mully can get a better deal than Jackson for Rasho.

Permanent starting job? Wow... Mullie must have guaranteed that, geesh it figures C Webb woulda tossed a fit if he didn't get his minutes/shots. On aside note, amidst the Gasol post-trade discussion I saw the craziest trade proposal:
[h2][/h2]
[h2]Golden State Warriors
[/h2]
Potential offer:
Mickael Pietrus ($3.4 million expiring contract)
Matt Barnes ($3 million expiring contract)
Austin Croshere ($770,610 million expiring contract)
Patrick O'Bryant ($2.2 million expiring contract)
Brandan Wright ($2.3 million)
Kelenna Azubuike ($687,000 expiring contract)
• First-round draft pick

Why the deal would have worked for Golden State: The Warriors would not have given up any of their core players while adding the perfect low-post complement to Don Nelson's run-and-gun system. O'Bryant is clearly not a Nellie favorite, and Wright is hardly seeing any action either. Given that, getting Gasol would have been quite a coup.

Why the deal would have worked for Memphis: The Grizzlies would have received roughly the same amount of cap space. Wright, a talented 20-year-old big man, was considered one of the best long-term prospects in last year's draft and could fit right into the hole left by Gasol at power forward. Azubuike and Pietrus have talent, and O'Bryant was a top prospect in 2006. The Grizzlies would have had the option of bringing them back or letting them walk (as expiring contracts).

One note: Azubuike, Barnes and Pietrus would have had to agree to this trade.

That would have been ridiculously lopsided in favor of the Grizz... only on ESPN.com.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Are all Webber jerseys from 93 made by Champion? Cause i want to buy one, but all they have on ebay are Champion ones the replicas that are screen printed on
frown.gif
I might have to cop one of those then

2zp4bqc.jpg

^ I got the feeling the more than half of those proposals weren't intentionally satirical. Many were realistic (Suns/Bulls/Magic didn't seemfarfetched) but Ford must have been reaching for a 9th or 10th possibility, toying with the Trade Machine.

Back
Top Bottom