Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

"NT Goggles off"
This is a solid album for weezy above average for most of the new class. Anyone who has been feelings wayne music post C3 will like it... no real direction but a bunch of simple yet clever punches,,, and some verses where your lookin like 
tired.gif
, then a few that are
eek.gif
... Overall its a good listen... Thing is unlike say games album this is only gonna grow more for me over the next few weeks

"NT Goggles off"
This is a solid album for weezy above average for most of the new class. Anyone who has been feelings wayne music post C3 will like it... no real direction but a bunch of simple yet clever punches,,, and some verses where your lookin like 
tired.gif
, then a few that are
eek.gif
... Overall its a good listen... Thing is unlike say games album this is only gonna grow more for me over the next few weeks

It seems like this has to be said in every Wayne thread. We all know what Wayne is capable of...he knows that we know this too. If you were in his shoes, can you honestly say you'd stick with the same flow year after year after year after year etc.? Lyrically, he's not what he used to be. Musically, him and the people around him are literally changing the face of rap as they go. For better or worse, Wayne has become an iconoclast, something we all know would never have happened with his C1, C2, Hot Boyz style of rap. Jay said it best...you want his old stuff buy his old albums. I'd much rather be seen as music idol by the people that matter than keeping it real for a bunch of nobodies. So many brilliant artists fly under the radar their whole career and for what? Give me the fame and fortune, #$@! ya'll opinions.

It seems like this has to be said in every Wayne thread. We all know what Wayne is capable of...he knows that we know this too. If you were in his shoes, can you honestly say you'd stick with the same flow year after year after year after year etc.? Lyrically, he's not what he used to be. Musically, him and the people around him are literally changing the face of rap as they go. For better or worse, Wayne has become an iconoclast, something we all know would never have happened with his C1, C2, Hot Boyz style of rap. Jay said it best...you want his old stuff buy his old albums. I'd much rather be seen as music idol by the people that matter than keeping it real for a bunch of nobodies. So many brilliant artists fly under the radar their whole career and for what? Give me the fame and fortune, #$@! ya'll opinions.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Lol

Difference is, Jay has come out with some tracks that can stay in rotations. Wayne on the other hand....

All IMO of course

Lol

Difference is, Jay has come out with some tracks that can stay in rotations. Wayne on the other hand....

All IMO of course

I actually didn't even listen to the full album before I posted that 
laugh.gif
. I'll now agree that this album does seem like he really didn't give a damn, but I'm sure it'll grow on me once I bump it in the car just like Sorry 4 the Wait. She Will, It's Good, President Carter and Blunt Blowin 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I actually didn't even listen to the full album before I posted that 
laugh.gif
. I'll now agree that this album does seem like he really didn't give a damn, but I'm sure it'll grow on me once I bump it in the car just like Sorry 4 the Wait. She Will, It's Good, President Carter and Blunt Blowin 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nightmares from the bottom ruined 
Im glad somebody understands me on this one
the only song i was really feeling from dude in a while destroyed 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
His flow is so flat; how he rode the beat on his Unplugged had u noddin hard to this joint. No energy on the studio recording
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nightmares from the bottom ruined 
Im glad somebody understands me on this one
the only song i was really feeling from dude in a while destroyed 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
His flow is so flat; how he rode the beat on his Unplugged had u noddin hard to this joint. No energy on the studio recording
30t6p3b.gif

the production is nice.....songs knock....wayne just doesn't sound hungry anymore like he used too

the production is nice.....songs knock....wayne just doesn't sound hungry anymore like he used too

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Lol

All IMO of course
So you're gonna tell me that from a general standpoint, Wayne hasn't had at least SOME tracks that can stay in rotation? All his music after C2 was unplayable? If not, then why make that Jay comparison. Most will agree that Jay's flow is not the same as his pre-BP/BP2 days. Hell, dude even said it himself. If everybody wanted to hear deep, cerebral rap then the face of mainstream hip-hop would look completely different. I just know most of ya'll wouldn't last 30 seconds as A&R at a major label. And the ones that would, would be out looking for the next Soulja Boy, not Kendrick Lamar.

Lol

All IMO of course
So you're gonna tell me that from a general standpoint, Wayne hasn't had at least SOME tracks that can stay in rotation? All his music after C2 was unplayable? If not, then why make that Jay comparison. Most will agree that Jay's flow is not the same as his pre-BP/BP2 days. Hell, dude even said it himself. If everybody wanted to hear deep, cerebral rap then the face of mainstream hip-hop would look completely different. I just know most of ya'll wouldn't last 30 seconds as A&R at a major label. And the ones that would, would be out looking for the next Soulja Boy, not Kendrick Lamar.

carter iv is aight so far..i got through about 6 tracks. the production is pretty mediocre at this point. lyrics arent as ill as i had expected so far either. i'm still hopeful tho.

carter iv is aight so far..i got through about 6 tracks. the production is pretty mediocre at this point. lyrics arent as ill as i had expected so far either. i'm still hopeful tho.

Lol

All IMO of course
you can switch up your style and still make quality music

look at Andre 3000

ATLiens was
pimp.gif

Then he switched up his whole style like Wayne on The Love Below and that was a classic
pimp.gif

He still was deep! He still was that ATLien just a little more in left field

Cant say that for C4

Back
Top Bottom