Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

It's not a bad album.is it his best?definitely not.his lyrics weren't up to par but he says some funny %$%.it's an entertaining album

It's not a bad album.is it his best?definitely not.his lyrics weren't up to par but he says some funny %$%.it's an entertaining album

What's the song with Andre 3000? On my tracklist it doesn't show him as a feature and I don't want to listen to every track to find it.

What's the song with Andre 3000? On my tracklist it doesn't show him as a feature and I don't want to listen to every track to find it.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by TRUL1FE

Anybody saying this album sucks with out telling us why should just shut up.
Nas verse > C4

Besides being rap's best mediocre rapper out, let's see...generic beats (regardless if they bang in the car), awful flow with embarrassing punchlines (or attempted punchlines), 
being upstaged by most in not all the features, and not direction of the album. I know not all rap has to be positive or have real meaning or whatever, but it seems like every
YM album is empty as hell, like no one even tries.

Nas verse > C4

Besides being rap's best mediocre rapper out, let's see...generic beats (regardless if they bang in the car), awful flow with embarrassing punchlines (or attempted punchlines), 
being upstaged by most in not all the features, and not direction of the album. I know not all rap has to be positive or have real meaning or whatever, but it seems like every
YM album is empty as hell, like no one even tries.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Nas verse > C4

YM album is empty as hell,
like no one even tries.

lies...anybody will tell you the production was on point

what YM albums? theres only drake and nikki minaj and they both had their handful of "meaningful songs"

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Nas verse > C4

YM album is empty as hell,
like no one even tries.

lies...anybody will tell you the production was on point

what YM albums? theres only drake and nikki minaj and they both had their handful of "meaningful songs"

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'll be eating my popcorn and keeping an eye on this thread when it's revealed that Wayne will do more numbers than WTT first week, with the influx of Jay and Ye fans coming in here to bash the album even more, shake their head at today's state of rap fans/teeny boppers, and make excuses how WTT was an iTunes only release out the gate and that might have played a part in it. ....after 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
the move, commending how it didn't leak the joint to the net.
Can't forget the good ol' 'record sales means nothing in terms of quality' (It doesn't, but it's all jokes when a dude like Wale goes triple wood first week)
Imma Jay and Ye fan...but isnt it kind of already known that wayne would do better than WTT number wise. Why would ppl need to make "excuses"?
any 
devil.gif
 or 
laugh.gif
 at C4 out selling WTT is 
eyes.gif
, and a waste of time if u ask me.

I'll be eating my popcorn and keeping an eye on this thread when it's revealed that Wayne will do more numbers than WTT first week, with the influx of Jay and Ye fans coming in here to bash the album even more, shake their head at today's state of rap fans/teeny boppers, and make excuses how WTT was an iTunes only release out the gate and that might have played a part in it. ....after 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
the move, commending how it didn't leak the joint to the net.
Can't forget the good ol' 'record sales means nothing in terms of quality' (It doesn't, but it's all jokes when a dude like Wale goes triple wood first week)
Imma Jay and Ye fan...but isnt it kind of already known that wayne would do better than WTT number wise. Why would ppl need to make "excuses"?
any 
devil.gif
 or 
laugh.gif
 at C4 out selling WTT is 
eyes.gif
, and a waste of time if u ask me.

The problem with Wayne is that dude has no substance at all. He's talkin about the same sh!# on every song and using basically the same lines. Ima big Wayne fan but the only thing stopping this album from being trash is the beats and a few features. The only songs he went it on was President Carter and Its Good.

How anybody can think this is better than WTT is crazy to me
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
..... but it is what it is we all got our opinions. 

The problem with Wayne is that dude has no substance at all. He's talkin about the same sh!# on every song and using basically the same lines. Ima big Wayne fan but the only thing stopping this album from being trash is the beats and a few features. The only songs he went it on was President Carter and Its Good.

How anybody can think this is better than WTT is crazy to me
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
..... but it is what it is we all got our opinions. 

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Hey Ya and Roses were great songs but would I call them classics? Not really. The same goes for Wayne. C2/early Droughts>>>>*, but in that span he has made some quality songs, even some classics. And lets not forget, in terms of music, Lil Wayne is a bigger name than 3K so obviously he did something right by switching his flow.
Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real.jpg

Great response. I changed my mind about everything.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Hey Ya and Roses were great songs but would I call them classics? Not really. The same goes for Wayne. C2/early Droughts>>>>*, but in that span he has made some quality songs, even some classics. And lets not forget, in terms of music, Lil Wayne is a bigger name than 3K so obviously he did something right by switching his flow.
Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real.jpg

Great response. I changed my mind about everything.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

The problem with Wayne is that dude has no substance at all. He's talkin about the same sh!# on every song and using basically the same lines.

Exactly, I got through the first three songs and couldn't tell where each started or began. They all had the same content and same lines 
laugh.gif

The problem with Wayne is that dude has no substance at all. He's talkin about the same sh!# on every song and using basically the same lines.

Exactly, I got through the first three songs and couldn't tell where each started or began. They all had the same content and same lines 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

laugh.gif
This is where having a circle of guys around you who follow you as the leader hurts. No one around him is listening to music outside of his and other rap. Half those guys probably aren't even bumping WTT. It's all Sorry 4 the Wait and now it's all Carter IV.
He's literally got one of the dumbest camps around him, per capita.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

laugh.gif
This is where having a circle of guys around you who follow you as the leader hurts. No one around him is listening to music outside of his and other rap. Half those guys probably aren't even bumping WTT. It's all Sorry 4 the Wait and now it's all Carter IV.
He's literally got one of the dumbest camps around him, per capita.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Wayne won't go wood. No matter what he does WTT>>>>C4 in my opinion. All the Carters>>> C4. And this is from someone who loved C3

We're one of the few who loved C3
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I haven't played WTT in two weeks, though. No replay value to me.
Nah, I loved C3 as well.

C4 is just terrible, though. This is BY FAR the most basic and uninspired Wayne has ever sounded on an album.  A lot of the songs have no cohesion whatsoever and are basically mixtape freestyles (%%%!++ ones, at that).

And the beats aren't knocking quite as hard as a lot of y'all are claiming, IMO.  They're cool, but they sound cheap to me. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom