Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

But I think we can all agree that ATLiens >>>>> The Love Below. Hey Ya and Roses were great songs but would I call them classics? Not really. The same goes for Wayne. C2/early Droughts>>>>*, but in that span he has made some quality songs, even some classics. And lets not forget, in terms of music, Lil Wayne is a bigger name than 3K so obviously he did something right by switching his flow.
shut the #!## up you @!+@!!* idiot.
Stankonia & the Love Below made Outkast/Andre 3000 HUGE.

then 3 Stacks just stopped making  albums and got N_s FIENIN for a new album. 

everybody from Beyonce to Kesha know that adding him to a song adds that 
eek.gif
 factor. 

and ALL that was done without him falling off lyrically 
No disrespect to Andre Benjamin and all but let's be realistic. In 2011/2012, you think people really feenin' for OutKast/Andre? 
Andre would do no more than 150,000K first week, if he decided to drop a solo album. He's waited too damn long, and these spotty features here & there is not good promotion.

But let's get back to "Tha Carter IV".
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

But I think we can all agree that ATLiens >>>>> The Love Below. Hey Ya and Roses were great songs but would I call them classics? Not really. The same goes for Wayne. C2/early Droughts>>>>*, but in that span he has made some quality songs, even some classics. And lets not forget, in terms of music, Lil Wayne is a bigger name than 3K so obviously he did something right by switching his flow.
shut the #!## up you @!+@!!* idiot.
Stankonia & the Love Below made Outkast/Andre 3000 HUGE.

then 3 Stacks just stopped making  albums and got N_s FIENIN for a new album. 

everybody from Beyonce to Kesha know that adding him to a song adds that 
eek.gif
 factor. 

and ALL that was done without him falling off lyrically 
No disrespect to Andre Benjamin and all but let's be realistic. In 2011/2012, you think people really feenin' for OutKast/Andre? 
Andre would do no more than 150,000K first week, if he decided to drop a solo album. He's waited too damn long, and these spotty features here & there is not good promotion.

But let's get back to "Tha Carter IV".
indifferent.gif

After the 2nd and 3rd spin through, this album is pretty solid. Only song that I skip through is "How To Hate" and "So Special".

Although Wayne could step up his lyrical ability a little higher, the production more than makes enough for it.

After the 2nd and 3rd spin through, this album is pretty solid. Only song that I skip through is "How To Hate" and "So Special".

Although Wayne could step up his lyrical ability a little higher, the production more than makes enough for it.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by MrWavez

lies...anybody will tell you the production was on point

what YM albums? theres only drake and nikki minaj and they both had their handful of "meaningful songs"

You missed the part where I said it bangs in the car

Besides Wayne, Drake and Nicki are the only other popular YM artists. I should have clarified though as far as albums though, I meant songs in general, whether albums,
mixtapes, or just promo type songs floating around. Check Birdman, Gudda, Tyga, and the rest of them. It's all a template that barely changes from 1 artist over there to the next.
gudda gudda, tyga, AND birdman all rap different...so idk get your point there. tyga sounds NOTHING like gudda and vice versa

Originally Posted by MrWavez

lies...anybody will tell you the production was on point

what YM albums? theres only drake and nikki minaj and they both had their handful of "meaningful songs"

You missed the part where I said it bangs in the car

Besides Wayne, Drake and Nicki are the only other popular YM artists. I should have clarified though as far as albums though, I meant songs in general, whether albums,
mixtapes, or just promo type songs floating around. Check Birdman, Gudda, Tyga, and the rest of them. It's all a template that barely changes from 1 artist over there to the next.
gudda gudda, tyga, AND birdman all rap different...so idk get your point there. tyga sounds NOTHING like gudda and vice versa

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

This album is horrible, my God! I've never heard soooooo many forced lines on an album by a proclaimed "great"
Doesn't even feel like an album, just another throwaway mixtape. I didn't expect much content but wow just a bunch of stringed along weak punchlines 
THIS.
This really feels like an album to you guys?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

This album is horrible, my God! I've never heard soooooo many forced lines on an album by a proclaimed "great"
Doesn't even feel like an album, just another throwaway mixtape. I didn't expect much content but wow just a bunch of stringed along weak punchlines 
THIS.
This really feels like an album to you guys?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by doyung9

He's literally got one of the dumbest camps around him, per capita.
This had me. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was around some REAL YMCMB cats about a week after Sorry 4 the Wait dropped. Like the guys who rock the YMCMB t-shirts everyday, have the YM tattoos on their necks, wear all red for some reason, etc.
WAYNE is their HERO. Guy was telling me how he couldn't believe this white chick had the nerve to get on that beat after "Tune merked that joint" (Gucci Gucci). These dudes really don't listen to anything else. These guys think Wayne really plays the guitar, is an accomplished skater, fashion icon, etc. They buy into the gimmick that 15 year old girls and 17 year old white kids from the suburbs buy into.

This shouldn't be real life... but it is.

As my man Beatrice would say, we the business. 100.

Back
Top Bottom